It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siku and Elara's Scrapbook   Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 6:35 pm

She really is and she knows now that we'll let them get closer to her, plus they don't see her as as threatening, when she lays down. I wish Elara would listen better! She thinks the cats are fun play things. Rolling Eyes

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
KareBear
Teenager
Teenager
KareBear

Female Join date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Siku and Elara's Scrapbook   Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 6:44 pm

That kitten looks like it has some serious attitude. So cute.

Our cats (although one is still small enough to be called a kitten) will give Aevyn those stares. He ends up between our legs whimpering about it.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Siku and Elara's Scrapbook   Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:42 pm

There's just something about those red cats Smile

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Siku and Elara's Scrapbook   Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:19 pm

I I love you Siku! Seriously, she's one of my favorite sibes! I could stare at Siku's pics all day long. Smile

Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Siku and Elara's Scrapbook   Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 1:01 pm

I think you like Siku so much cause she looks like a girly Dakota! lol. They have about the same exact markings!

Well went to the AKC shows and we did alright. Didn't get any points though. Sad But it's hard to get points on a puppy and at your first show. Elara placed 2nd, 3rd, and 4th twice. And there were 3 puppies in her class the first two days and 4 the last two days, so we only beat one puppy on the first day. But that puppy did win the next day, so it's just depends on the judge. You could tell a couple of the judges were very political, cause they only picked professional handlers to win. Oh well. We met a lot of nice sibe people though and found out one long time show/breeder lives only 20mins away from me!!! And I got to show one of her dogs on Thursday, cause she had too many win and needed help showing them against each other. So I hope I can learn a lot from her. Anyway, here are some pics!

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_2997

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_3001

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_3003

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_3015

Getting 2nd!
Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_3022

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_3025

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_3032

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_3027

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Siku and Elara's Scrapbook   Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 2:04 pm

oh wow Elara is going to turn into one hell of a bitch! she is so freaking cute Smile that is so cool you found someone to guild you in the show world, i love that you are here to share all this with us non showing owners. i used to judge and show my ferrets and i enjoyed it. maybe latter in life i will look into a show puppy and give it a go.
the face on the 3rd to last one i just LOVE!
you will get it next time.

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Siku and Elara's Scrapbook   Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 2:31 pm

She's gotten so big and even more adorable!!!
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Siku and Elara's Scrapbook   Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:21 pm

Thanks! That must have been interesting showing ferrets. Was it similar to cat shows?

It's funny, after seeing some of the other huskies and them winning, I'm almost tempted to show Siku too! lol. Just for fun. But she did have the same body type of a few that won.

Well we are going to go watch the Transformers movie at midnight and then throw the girls in the car and head out of WY! I'm so happy there's still snow out there this year. I really want to get the girls into some. On the front page of the pinedaleonline website it said people could still snowmobile in some places! Can't wait for cooler weather! Hopefully we'll get internet access quickly out there. Just depends on when my parents get around to hooking it up. Be ready for lots of hiking and camping pics! And some wolf pics. We love to go wolf watching in Yellowstone. Here's some pics from last year.

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 P8200632

Black male wolf! And I think two grey ones are in front of him, but it's hard to tell in the pic. They were far away! There were 3 adults and 3 pups in that pack.
Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 P8200623

See the tree line way way in the back. That's where the wolves were. You had to have a really good spotting scope to see them.
Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 P8190618

Sleeping grizzly
Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 P8190615

The view from my parent's house.
Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 P8140605

Me and Steve
Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 P8130595

Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Siku and Elara's Scrapbook   Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 11:39 pm

Ok we are back in FL. Here are some pics of our trip.

On the way out we stopped in the Snowy Range and the girls got to play in snow!
Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_3040

Snowballs are cool!
Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_3041

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_3043

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_3050

My dad's dog, Czar.
Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_3055

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_3064

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_3067

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_3083

Siku showing how much she loves snow!
Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_3088

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_3095

It's so fun to dig in snow!
Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_3100

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_3107

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_3124

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_3132

Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Siku and Elara's Scrapbook   Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:15 am

omg I love the last pic!!! Super cute!
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Siku and Elara's Scrapbook   Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:36 am

Last pic is super cute Smile Looks like you guys had a lot of fun, we're jealous!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Siku and Elara's Scrapbook   Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 12:54 pm

woohoo snow!!! hope your trip was a blast! that last pic is funny

Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Siku and Elara's Scrapbook   Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 1:06 pm

Awesome pics! Can't wait to find some snow here for our two to enjoy!

I'm replying to your question from the HOTM thread here, so as not to threadjack that thread. Laughing

SaraB wrote:
hollywoodhuskies wrote:
SaraB wrote:
And Elara:
Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_3152

Adorable! She looks like Frosti's twin! Smile

She does! How old is Frosti? We are hoping Elara will keep her goggles, but not sure if they will go away with age. She's about 10months old now.

Frosti's about 1 1/2 years old give or take a few months - she's a rescue so we have a rough guess (She was originally relinquished by her owner (for escaping) and then quickly adopted out at 1 years old by the rescue, and then brought back to the rescue 5 months later because she kept escaping.)

Her goggles look pretty set - but I know that masks change over time. It's so cute how much their masks/goggles and facial structure look alike. In these latest pics, I even see the similarity in the shorter snout. Does Elara have a tiny "double chin" when she looks down, like in that pics where both Siku and Elara are looking to the left on the snow?
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Siku and Elara's Scrapbook   Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 1:29 pm

Now that I look at the pics, her "mask" is lighter than Elara's in the middle of her snout - but I have no idea if it was darker when she was younger.

Here is Frosti's "glamor" shot from the rescue website!

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 Sasha-N2

One from the day after we got her:
Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 Photo%2525202%2525286%252529

And her last weekend, the mask looks darker than it is in this one:
Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 Photo_5
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Siku and Elara's Scrapbook   Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 1:42 pm

They look so much alike. Too bad you don't have Frosti's papers (or maybe you do?), so we could see if they have any relatives in common. Found another husky that looked a ton like Elara and found out they shared a family line on their mother's side. I don't know if she has a double chin or not. She has a ton of fur around her neck and when she wears a collar it kind of looks like a double chin.

Thanks everyone. I love that last pic too. It's too cute! I'll post the other pictures or when we were in Pinedale and Yellowstone. No snow there though. Sad

Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Siku and Elara's Scrapbook   Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 3:13 pm

SaraB wrote:
They look so much alike. Too bad you don't have Frosti's papers (or maybe you do?), so we could see if they have any relatives in common. Found another husky that looked a ton like Elara and found out they shared a family line on their mother's side. I don't know if she has a double chin or not. She has a ton of fur around her neck and when she wears a collar it kind of looks like a double chin.

I don't have any background on either of my dogs. Sad I wonder about them all the time! Especially our giant red dog! Wink

Frosti and Elara totally could be related looking at them! I'll ask but this rescue purposely doesn't pass on the papers so people don't try to adopt and then profit by selling the dogs (it happens, sadly). This rescue frequently gets papered dogs and even celebrities giving up their huskies! Sad She seems to only have 3 toes on each back paw, so even if she had papers she would have been sold as a "pet". I wonder if that could help track down where she came from, since that's pretty unique.

Ya, Frosti has that double-chin with a color on, I think it's just fur or something that bunches up - it's so adorable!
Back to top Go down
bosnian_1
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2011-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Siku and Elara's Scrapbook   Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 10:52 pm

im new here so if i do something wrong dont kill me:) this is my princess Anuk Tikaani:) as she hoping to get some ice cream:) she is one year old and she is little rascal:)

[img]Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 Optimi11[/img]
Back to top Go down
Loves2Share
Newborn
Newborn
Loves2Share

Female Join date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Siku and Elara's Scrapbook   Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 11:07 pm

Beautiful!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bosnian_1
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2011-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Siku and Elara's Scrapbook   Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 11:12 pm

@loves2share

thank you:) this picture is taken at the lake where she swimm for the first time ever:)
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Siku and Elara's Scrapbook   Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 3:04 am

Oh...ummm, there's a different section for new members to say hi. This is actually just my scrapbook for my two girls Siku and Elara. But it's all good. Your girl is very cute! Make a new topic for yourself in the Welcome Mat here: http://itsahuskything.forumotion.net/f1-the-welcome-mat

Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Siku and Elara's Scrapbook   Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:02 pm

New pictures.

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_0147

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_0146

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_0144

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_0136

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_0128

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_0143

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_0141

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_0139

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_0138

Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Siku and Elara's Scrapbook   Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:05 pm

They both have the sweetest faces ever! I love you I can't believe how big Elara is already and Siku sits just like Mya! LOL
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Siku and Elara's Scrapbook   Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:21 pm

Thanks! Oh and I forgot I never posted my wolf pics from yellowstone! Here they are. All the pics of the bear and wolves are through a spotting scope, so sorry about the poor quality and the black edges!

This bear swam across the river right in front of us! We were on a pull out up a big hill where you get the best view of the wolves with a spotting scope. All of a sudden someone noticed a bear in the river down below! He crawled out and started going up the other side of the river. It's too bad I didn't get any photos of him in the river. It was really cool.
Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 P1050038

Black Alpha Male bringing back some lunch!
Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 P1050025

White Alpha Female, Alpha male, and Grey yearling
Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 P1040976

Grey yearling
Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 P1040982

White alpha female and a bison
Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 P1040999

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 P1050003

Yearling with alphas behind it
Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 P1050009

The two grey yearlings at the front and back with the alpha pair in the middle. The black yearling was back babysitting the 3 (2black and 1 grey) pups.
Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 P1050011

Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Siku and Elara's Scrapbook   Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:25 pm

Elara came with us the second time we went to Yellowstone. She sat in the back of the truck most of the time and was excited to see a passing by bison!

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_0068

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_0069

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_0071

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 IMG_0073

She also saw an elk from the car and one night saw a wolf next to the road! It was so cool and she definitely smelled it and saw it. She acted like she wanted to go play with it! lol. We thought at first that we had seen a coyote, but the next night we saw a coyote and realized what we saw the night before was a wolf! It was about 3 times as big as the coyote, almost white, and trotted differently.

Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Siku and Elara's Scrapbook   Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:15 pm

Awesome pics! Yellowstone is on my "must go to" list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Siku and Elara's Scrapbook   Siku and Elara's Scrapbook - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Siku and Elara's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next