It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Raw for Ginger

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

Raw for Ginger - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw for Ginger   Raw for Ginger - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 12:04 pm

Ginger's BM is still good after one raw chicken wing - woo hoo!
We'll try another 'slightly seared' chicken wing again tonight.

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Raw for Ginger   Raw for Ginger - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 12:07 pm

Yay Ginger! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Raw for Ginger   Raw for Ginger - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 10:02 pm

Another seared chicken wing before she got her dinner....AND SHE TOOK THE WHOLE WING AND STARTED EATING IT! YAY!

She held it between her paws and started gnawing at the meat. Then got bored with it and put it down. I picked it up and tore the bones apart, and she at all the meat off the bone except at the ends. So I picked up the skinnier bone of the 2, and held it so she could gnaw on it and she took it in her mouth and watched her carefully so she wouldn't swallow it whole or anything and she BIT THE BONE AND ATE HALF OF IT! Woo Hoo!! I grabed the small pieces just to be safe, and gave her the other bone and held it while she gnawed on a little more.

Then she got her regular dinner...

PROGRESS!! bounce

So I'll monitor her BM's tonight and tomorrow but I'm sure she'll be OK.

Hubby still will not watch her eat a raw chicken wing, but wants a report after she's done. LOL!

We'll do another chicken wing again tomorrow! Smile

Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

Female Join date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Raw for Ginger   Raw for Ginger - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 10:09 pm

Woohoo Ginger!! Good job!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Raw for Ginger   Raw for Ginger - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 12:03 am

That's fantastic! She's progressing a lot faster than I figured she would too! So happy for you Claudia! Very Happy

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Raw for Ginger   Raw for Ginger - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 10:20 pm

She had her breakfast today but instead of her usual portion, she got a little extra since we were going on a hike with Jenn today and didn't want to feed lunch on the hike....so before she got her dinner, I gave her another seared wing, and she took it whole, and ate all by herself until hubby (in the background) woke up from a nap from her crunching her bone and broke her concentration!

She almost ate the whole wing tonight!

Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

PostSubject: Re: Raw for Ginger   Raw for Ginger - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 12:13 am

Awww... go Ginger!! JD- she'll be fine! UNCOOKED bones are a-ok for your girl!! Trust us!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Raw for Ginger   Raw for Ginger - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 12:24 am

Oh my gosh, I'm so happy for you girl! Ginger did fantastic! Very Happy Look at her go and she chews it up into small pieces so nicely! Great job, Claudia, your persistence is paying off! And yep, as has been said before, the hubby has nothing to worry about! Ginger looks like a complete natural, born raw eater already. Woo hoo for your success!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Raw for Ginger   Raw for Ginger - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 12:45 am

I was so proud of her!
She'll get one wing every day until we finish the 1/2 lb. I bought and then she'll graduate to having the drummette added.

Now...if I can only get her to realize a cutting board to eat her chicken is GOOD and she doesn't have to be confused about it.

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Raw for Ginger   Raw for Ginger - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 12:48 am

cmanding wrote:
Now...if I can only get her to realize a cutting board to eat her chicken is GOOD and she doesn't have to be confused about it.

Laughing Good luck!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Raw for Ginger   Raw for Ginger - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 11:57 pm

She didn't do as well as she did last night. She only ate half of the wing and smaller of the 2 bones. But I think because it wasn't her usualy dinner time, it was earlier, so she wasn't as hungry, and hubby came down and wanted to watch and that's when she stopped eating her wing...

No luck on eating her wing on the cutting board either... Crying or Very sad

Oh well...there's tomorrow night...

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Raw for Ginger   Raw for Ginger - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 12:29 pm

Maybe you could just randomly keep leaving the cutting board in her eating space so she gets used to it being there? Just a thought.

It's still good that she at least at some of her chicken wing even if not all of it. Better than nothing at all! Wink

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Raw for Ginger   Raw for Ginger - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 12:34 pm

Ah! Yes, didn't think of that! Maybe I'll put her regular food dish on a cutting board and see how that goes Smile

Yes, she at least at half of her wing...
Tonight, I'll make sure it's dinner time to give her her wing first then her usualy dinner.

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Raw for Ginger   Raw for Ginger - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 3:38 pm

Since I was going to be out at dinner tonight, and hubby is deathly afraid to feed Ginger raw, Ginger got her wing before her usual lunch.

I am a proud Momma today I love you

She ate ALL of it! Granted, I had to hand feed her to keep her engaged, and I had to help by breaking up the 2 bones, but she ate it all and licked my hands afterward.

She then got her usual lunch, minus the 2 tablespoons Orijen I usually give her, but her food bowl went on a cutting board. Next time, I'll see if she'll eat her THK off the cutting board...

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Raw for Ginger   Raw for Ginger - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 3:50 pm

Success! Very Happy

Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

PostSubject: Re: Raw for Ginger   Raw for Ginger - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 3:54 pm

Woohoo!! FWIW, today should be a raw day for Nikolai, but because I'll be gone for dinner/evening, Chris is going to be going the kibble/canned route. What is it with our men and their squeemishness about raw?
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Raw for Ginger   Raw for Ginger - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 4:05 pm

JD's fear comes from when he was in college when his friend's Husky choked on a COOKED chicken bone....well DUH!! College boys, I tell you! And this is the same friend who fed his Husky ground beef and rice which JD said to feed Ginger when she was having diarreha and she puked it all up 2 days later! I keep telling JD he doesn't get to decide how and what Ginger eats after he almost killed her with beef and rice! lol! And I told JD that unless he starts to do his research on food and nutrition for Ginger, I get to make the decisions on what and how she eats...so there! lol!

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Raw for Ginger   Raw for Ginger - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 5:23 pm

CoffeeK8 wrote:
Woohoo!! FWIW, today should be a raw day for Nikolai, but because I'll be gone for dinner/evening, Chris is going to be going the kibble/canned route. What is it with our men and their squeemishness about raw?

LOL My hubby is the same! He hates the idea of raw feeding but he is fine with it if I am the one responsible. He also can't get over how crazy our sibe goes on our raw feeding days. Laughing

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Raw for Ginger   Raw for Ginger - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 5:26 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
CoffeeK8 wrote:
....What is it with our men and their squeemishness about raw?

LOL My hubby is the same! He hates the idea of raw feeding but he is fine with it if I am the one responsible....

Men. I tell ya!
They're so silly sometimes! Razz

Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

PostSubject: Re: Raw for Ginger   Raw for Ginger - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 5:29 pm

I think part of Chris' issue is that it's "messy" since Nikolai takes his wing to his bed or down by the fireplace to eat it. Mind you, he doesn't miss a morsel and he licks the carpet clean, but just thinking about raw chicken touching any part of his "clean" house is enough to send him screaming... This weekend, I convinced Grandpa to let us borrow his carpet shampooer and we're gonna do our living room and family room, to really deep clean those spots where the cat (and the dog) have yacked or had accidents, or where Nikolai has enjoyed his dinner... Rolling Eyes Boys.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Raw for Ginger   Raw for Ginger - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 2:29 pm

My girl did good today!

She all of her chicken wing with more gusto that she has in the past. It could be that today I didn't give her any treats since her breakfast, but I any case, she ate it all today.

I still have to sear it a little, and cut it down the middle, but she at least did not hesitate chowing it down.

bounce

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Raw for Ginger   Raw for Ginger - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 12:11 am

Yay, she's making progress! Very Happy

Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Raw for Ginger   Raw for Ginger - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 9:00 am

HA! John is the reason we don't feed raw either. Besides the icky factor, nothing will convince him that it's cheaper. Right now, we don't have a chest freezer, so he's not entirely wrong, but too funny!

Raw for Ginger - Page 3 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Raw for Ginger   Raw for Ginger - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 10:58 am

Koda wrote:
HA! John is the reason we don't feed raw either. Besides the icky factor, nothing will convince him that it's cheaper. Right now, we don't have a chest freezer, so he's not entirely wrong, but too funny!

Silly boys! Smile

Newborn
Newborn
Luk Luk's Mom

Female Join date : 2011-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Raw for Ginger   Raw for Ginger - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 5:04 pm

Oh that's wonderful that she's starting to do better with raw!
Bill seems to be on board w/ Luk eating raw, but guess who's the one who feeds it to him? lol
MOI
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raw for Ginger   Raw for Ginger - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Raw for Ginger

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next