It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

High Velocity Dryers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

High Velocity Dryers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 9:36 pm

Awesome! You got yours really quick. I remember mine took several weeks to receive. Sounds like your two are taking to it better than mine did at first...of course I know you've used it before at self wash places though.

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 11:23 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
Awesome! You got yours really quick. I remember mine took several weeks to receive. Sounds like your two are taking to it better than mine did at first...of course I know you've used it before at self wash places though.

Yup, Ginger is good with baths, and we bathed Storm onced at the self-wash and he was OK too. When I turned it on while they were loose in the garage, they walked away from it, but as soon as Ginger realized what it was while I had her on the leash pulling her in toward it, she was OK and sat down. I think if we used it in the back yard, it wouldn't be as loud....

Newborn
Newborn
tritonsmom

Female Join date : 2011-05-23

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 12:32 am

Tried it on Triton today with the shop vac in reverse! I gave him a pig ear and he just laid down munching on it as I used the vacuum! I was so surprised he didn't care! Must be the calming collar I just got him! Smile It seemed to blow away many loose hairs... but I think it still wasn't as strong as the ones I used at the self-bathing centers.

The k-9 mini blower seems like such a neat thing to have! Too bad my budget doesn't fit it yet! Don't you wish you can have like a puppy shower? People get stuff for an arriving baby, why can't it be normal for people to throw showers for an arriving puppy... and have a registry for your dog?! Or throw real birthday parties for your dog!! Haha!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
CoffeeK8
Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

Female Join date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:19 am

Hmmm, I'm curious to try the ShopVac. Tonight I went to Lowes and picked up an 8 foot extension for the hose, so I can put the noisy beast further away... Hopefully tomorrow night will be nice and we can test it out. Nikolai's furbunnies are roaming our house free range... Pretty soon they'll band together and take over if we're not careful. Best go on the offensive sooner rather than later!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 8:52 am

tritonsmom wrote:
Tried it on Triton today with the shop vac in reverse! I gave him a pig ear and he just laid down munching on it as I used the vacuum! I was so surprised he didn't care! Must be the calming collar I just got him! Smile It seemed to blow away many loose hairs... but I think it still wasn't as strong as the ones I used at the self-bathing centers.

The k-9 mini blower seems like such a neat thing to have! Too bad my budget doesn't fit it yet! Don't you wish you can have like a puppy shower? People get stuff for an arriving baby, why can't it be normal for people to throw showers for an arriving puppy... and have a registry for your dog?! Or throw real birthday parties for your dog!! Haha!! Laughing

I posted the specs of the K-9 Mini in this thread so you can compare. It's pretty strong and very light. I was amazed when the box came. I picked it up thinking it was another order I was waiting on.

I would TOTALLY do a puppy shower! And I was going to throw a realy birthday party for Storm with all his friends and pay for a private dog park for 2 hours. Luckily I didn't get it together because it was yucky weather that day anyway, but I would throw a birthday doggie party!

Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

Female Join date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 12:31 pm

Puppy showers would be SOOOOO useful. Especially for us "childless by choice" folks. I mean, weddings and housewarmings and the associated showers/gifts are nice, but a pet shower would be awesome.

Speaking of which, I still have Storm's birthday present - don't let me forget to give that to you when I get Nikolai's chip. ;-)
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 4:14 pm

Guess who purchased her K-9 II today??! Me!!! I hope it comes soon... Expected delivery between the 23rd and 29th

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 4:36 pm

arooroomom wrote:
Guess who purchased her K-9 II today??! Me!!! I hope it comes soon... Expected delivery between the 23rd and 29th
SWEET!!

Newborn
Newborn
rbrent

Male Join date : 2012-01-22

PostSubject: metro   High Velocity Dryers - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 12:24 pm

Has anyone used the Metro Air Force dryers? They are much cheaper and seem about equal just don't have a metal casing. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them?
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 12:43 pm

^ I used one at a dog show. Seemed to work just fine, but I was only trying to fluff Elara out before going in the ring.

Oh I never mentioned, I got a Bear Air II for my girls. Works good, though it get a bit hot after a while and I guess isn't strong enough for Kristina's Odin! Though it did work really well on Frankie (I think it was him) at getting those tuffs of hair out. I brought it to camp to test out since my girls haven't blown coat since I bought it.

High Velocity Dryers - Page 2 Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 2:13 pm

Forgot about this thread! I got my k9 II a few days ago. I LOVE it. It gets hot but cools down quickly. It's so much stronger than yours Sara I can't believe it! Will write more later with pics Smile

Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 6:52 pm

I really need to get one Sad My vet just recommended them too. It's totally on my wish list, I just wish I had the funds! Someday Smile

High Velocity Dryers - Page 2 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 2:28 pm

rbrent wrote:
Has anyone used the Metro Air Force dryers? They are much cheaper and seem about equal just don't have a metal casing. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them?

I posted the following in my original post in this thread...

Huskyluv wrote:
I did a lot of research before deciding which dryer I would buy. I visited multiple groomer forums and read their comments and experiences before ultimately deciding to buy a K-9 brand dryer. I had seriously considered buying a Metro because they were cheaper, but after reading many groomers' experience with the Metro's dying on them after a number of years of use I decided to go with K-9 since they seemed to last much longer and it was recommended by a so many groomers.

With that said, I have not personally used a Metro dryer. I do recall one person from another husky forum who had a Metro dryer for their husky and Samoyeds. She was pretty happy with her Metro dryer and had been using it for a few years with no issues. I was strongly leaning toward a Metro dryer due to the price difference since it was so much cheaper than all the other dryers in it's category. It was after joining a grooming forum and reading all the complaints about Metros not lasting long term that I decided to spend the extra money on a K-9 for that longer lasting durability. Take that FWIW, I figured a forum full of groomers would have a better idea of what is worth buying than a simple pet owner like myself. Smile

Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 1:37 pm

Siku is finally blowing coat and the HVD helps a lot! It's not as amazing to watch as some videos, cause those huskies lose their hair in clumps and Siku's doesn't really clump like that. Instead you can look up and see all the individual hairs making a cloud over her when I blow her off! It looked like it was snowing! lol. And I was covered in hair afterward too, but used the dryer to get it off. lol.

So I'm really happy with my dryer. Works great to get Elara groomed for a show, helps dry them quicker after a bath, helps blow out dirt and dust from their coats, and blows out a lot of loose fur.

Elara is really good on the grooming table and doesn't mind the dryer that much. Siku wants to bite the drier, so I have to feed her treats while I dry her or firmly hold her head. I'm hoping she'll get over that need to bite at the air soon!

Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 1:53 pm

Here's miss E showing off the grooming table, grooming box, and dryer that fits in the box!

High Velocity Dryers - Page 2 IMG_0545

High Velocity Dryers - Page 2 IMG_0546

High Velocity Dryers - Page 2 IMG_0547

The tool box works great as a grooming box. It was a lot cheaper than getting one that was meant for grooming stuff that size and it fits the dryer in it! Plus it has wheels. The latch that holds the handle bar up was broken at the store and it was the last tool box like that that they had, so we got like $15 off! And my dad found a way to fix it, so it's about as good as new!

Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:35 pm

Alright friends...

Hubby just got a bonus and it was HIS idea to use some of it to purchase an HV dryer. Reading up with you guys all these years, I am thinking the K9 mini. I am on the hunt for the best place to purchase one. I'd LOVE to spend closer to $200 but I know Pet Edge has them for $259. Anyone know of the cheapest place to get one?

Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:50 pm

I bought my II on eBay for less than petedge. Honestly if you could work it id recommend the II.

Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 2:01 pm

Unfortunately, I really don't want to spend over $300. I'm frustrated I have to spend over $200 to begin with, but I know it's a good investment for us.

Cheapest place I found to buy it is $258 shipped. I wish I had a petedge coupon or something, but they are hard to come back. Any help people?!

Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 2:12 pm

Price was why I went with a Bear Air II. I like it though. I can dry a sibe down to the skin in 30 mins after a bath. That video posted of Monica Rear on youtube shows a good way to get them really, really dry. Takes a while, but gets them dry to the skin and actually dries them quicker than just blowing back and forth over the dog.

Last edited by SaraB on Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 2:13 pm

Should ask, what are you wanting to achieve with the drier? Mine isn't powerful enough to blow all the loose hair off a sibe, but it does blow off some and works well when you are brushing at the same time.

I also recommend getting a grooming table to go with it!

Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 2:14 pm

I'd stick with the K-9 Mini if I had to do it all over again. My Mini is very powerful but also much more portable than the K-9 II. We initially regretted not getting the more powerful II but after hearing people talk about their II's I've actually come to be thankful I ended up buying a Mini after all. I consider the Mini a bit of a pain to lug around when I want to use it so I know I would be cursing the II if I'd gotten it and probably wouldn't use it as much if it was any harder to store/transport.

Tori, I got mine on eBay for much cheaper than PetEdge. I got a great deal with cashback AND rebates on mine so while I paid $260 up front for my dryer, after all the cashback and rebates our total purchase price was about $200. Of course it's been so long now that I don't remember what the deals were that I got to get such a great deal. The eBay seller I dealt with was wonderful, great lady and wonderful communication. She had 2 double coated dogs of her own and gave me tips for using the dryer.

Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 2:26 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
Tori, I got mine on eBay for much cheaper than PetEdge. I got a great deal with cashback AND rebates on mine so while I paid $260 up front for my dryer, after all the cashback and rebates our total purchase price was about $200. Of course it's been so long now that I don't remember what the deals were that I got to get such a great deal. The eBay seller I dealt with was wonderful, great lady and wonderful communication. She had 2 double coated dogs of her own and gave me tips for using the dryer.
Ugh- any chance you can search through your former purchases and get me the name of the seller?! I would LOVE to only spend $200!

Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 2:28 pm

Sara- we definitely want it for shedding, so I think the k9 brands are going to have to be it for us!

Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 2:37 pm

Koda wrote:
Ugh- any chance you can search through your former purchases and get me the name of the seller?! I would LOVE to only spend $200!

I usually keep all the records of my purchases so I will check and see if I still have that one...it was 4 years ago though so I can't make any promises. I'll PM you if I find it.

Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 2:41 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
Koda wrote:

I usually keep all the records of my purchases so I will check and see if I still have that one...it was 4 years ago though so I can't make any promises. I'll PM you if I find it.
It's a long shot, but definitely worth it! Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

High Velocity Dryers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next