It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

if i hear this question one more time....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

if i hear this question one more time.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: if i hear this question one more time....   if i hear this question one more time.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 9:41 pm

I have to admit, my dogs walk really well on lead. If anyone's the issue... it's the Border Collie! LOL

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: if i hear this question one more time....   if i hear this question one more time.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 9:46 pm

26nikita wrote:
I get asked if mine are malamutes all the time. I've also been recently asked by two seperate set of parents if mine were wolves and their child corrected them before I could even say anything. I wanted to give the last a kid a high five. He was like "geesh dad, it's a husky: Cracked me up! When I first got Willow I did have several people ask if i was going to breed her with Dakota. I don't really get why that is the assumption when you get a second dog.

Yes! The kids have seen all the husky movies and know it's a husky, it's the parents that are clueless!! Laughing We get a ton of kids who scream "Snowdogs!' when they see us!
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: if i hear this question one more time....   if i hear this question one more time.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:09 am

We have been asked if the girls are wolves, do we sell puppies, and why are your huskies small about four times, and we have only been in our new neighborhood a week!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: if i hear this question one more time....   if i hear this question one more time.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 1:42 am

I get asked why Koda is so small sometimes too.. and he is 23.5 inches and almost 60lbs! SMALL? How big do you think these dogs should be!? I even get asked if he is a puppy. I know people don't know the difference between mals and huskies sometimes.. but geeze, how big do you think a mal pup is even? Lol!

I have been getting asked if Koda is the mom and Rogue is "her" pup... no kind sir, my dog is a male and fixed.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: if i hear this question one more time....   if i hear this question one more time.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 2:06 am

Ha! Good questions above! I've heard many of them! Laughing

I also frequently get the following:

stranger : oh wow, beautiful dogs!
me : thank you!
stranger : how old is he? (referring to Chili)
me : Almost 5 years old
stranger : is he gonna grow more?

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: if i hear this question one more time....   if i hear this question one more time.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 2:47 am

Yes, you see at about 7 years they have a huge growth spurt!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: if i hear this question one more time....   if i hear this question one more time.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 3:27 am

god, people are do dumb if i hear this question one more time.... - Page 2 85993

i always get embry's the mom and zoey's his baby. poor embry, didn't think it got any more masculine then blue camo lol!
Back to top Go down
henielsen
Teenager
Teenager
henielsen

Female Join date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: if i hear this question one more time....   if i hear this question one more time.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 8:02 am

Somebody asked if Stormy was around 2 years old. I said nope, he is 18 weeks. The guy was like "wow....you're screwed aren't you?" LOL I actually think that myself, but I wouldn't have him any other way.
Back to top Go down
indigobluestarz
Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: if i hear this question one more time....   if i hear this question one more time.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 9:40 am

I think the ones I get all the time are:

"Is she a puppy/Is she full grown?" Then astonishment to hear that yes indeed, she is full grown and 4 years old.

"Does she bite?" Why yes she does..... she's currently hiding behind me/licking your shoes/lying on her back with her belly showing, ya know, all those classic signs of aggression, just waiting for you to reach our your hand so she can bite it off Rolling Eyes

"I bet she's worth a lot of money huh" I dunno, how much are your kids worth???

"I have a dog I would like to have bred" No. What? No. Did I say no? Because really, I meant no.

I'm not sure whether people are amusing or annoying!
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: if i hear this question one more time....   if i hear this question one more time.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 9:55 am

indigobluestarz wrote:
"I bet she's worth a lot of money huh" I dunno, how much are your kids worth???

lol! I thought I only used that line! I love seeing the dub@$$ look on their face, it usually renders them speechless.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: if i hear this question one more time....   if i hear this question one more time.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 11:20 am

It's amazing how casual and ignorant people are about breeding. My future mother in law looked at us a few weeks ago when she was here visiting, and said "oh, she's so pretty why don't you just breed her once before you spay so there will be more pretty puppies!" if i hear this question one more time.... - Page 2 85993

I bit my tongue before I could say anything I'd regret later....

And Jennet, you'd think blue camo would tip people off that Embry is a male, but we deck Ghost out in pink specifically for that reason, and people call her "he" constantly.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

if i hear this question one more time.... - Page 2 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
indigobluestarz
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: if i hear this question one more time....   if i hear this question one more time.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 11:27 am

lol oh no.... I hate when people say that or even worse yet, flat-out ask me how much she is worth or how much I paid for her. Yes, she happens to be purebred, but she could be a total mutt and I'd still be proud to have her and still value her just as much. Idiots.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: if i hear this question one more time....   if i hear this question one more time.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 11:46 am

blueeyedghost wrote:

And Jennet, you'd think blue camo would tip people off that Embry is a male, but we deck Ghost out in pink specifically for that reason, and people call her "he" constantly.

Mya gets called "he" all of the time. Mind you she has a black collar with pink and fully pink leash! HELLOOOO PEOPLE!!!!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: if i hear this question one more time....   if i hear this question one more time.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 11:59 am

indigobluestarz wrote:
lol oh no.... I hate when people say that or even worse yet, flat-out ask me how much she is worth or how much I paid for her. Yes, she happens to be purebred, but she could be a total mutt and I'd still be proud to have her and still value her just as much. Idiots.

We get that question too! Huskies are pretty rare in Los Angeles, esp. reds, so they get alot of attention. Sometimes that question gets asked nicely (by someone who has been thinking of getting one) and sometimes it's super obnoxious and creepy.

If it's someone who genuinely is interested, I explain that mine are rescues from people who couldn't handle such a high energy dog and that even the pound has purebred huskies for $100. And that they're beautiful but not for everyone. Hey...we also researched dogs for years before getting one and constantly asked people on our hikes "Hey! What kind of dog is that?", etc. I try to educate people who may want one down the line or pass the info onto friends and coworkers, so that it makes the backyard breeders who post on craigslist for $500 less tempting. Alot of people think huskies cost $1500-2500!

Dogs do occasionally get stolen out of yards and resold in LA, so if it's a creepy person I also try to emphasize that they have a ton at the pound for super cheap. If they're extra creepy, I give the tall and intimidating Chili a bit more leash to go sniff them and they generally high tail it outta there. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: if i hear this question one more time....   if i hear this question one more time.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:39 pm

Yeah, I see a lot of people thinking they cost 2,000+ too. They're amazed when I say you can usually get a companion husky for 600-800 bucks, and a show dog for 900-1,200.

Someone at my old job said their friend was looking to breed their female and asked me about Koda.. and I explained that I would never breed even if he wasn't altered, and he made a comment how puppies are like 2K and I was all, no, if you're not taking care of them properly and don't have paperwork on them and everything, don't push for more than $400!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: if i hear this question one more time....   if i hear this question one more time.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 2:01 pm

If asked how much my 2 were worth, I'd say, 'They're priceless! Do you have a price tag on your kids? Because that's what they are to me, FAMILY!'

Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: if i hear this question one more time....   if i hear this question one more time.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 3:19 pm

Heatherlee wrote:
Yes, you see at about 7 years they have a huge growth spurt!

Laughing I hope Chili doesn't get bigger at 7!!! Mad ha!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: if i hear this question one more time....   if i hear this question one more time.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 3:23 pm

Seriously, what tards! I'm really impatient with moronic people.. there is a different between curiousity and full on stupidity.
Back to top Go down
henielsen
Teenager
Teenager
henielsen

Female Join date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: if i hear this question one more time....   if i hear this question one more time.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 5:05 pm

Oh one of my favorites with my girls.

"Oh how old are they?"

"Shania is 8 and Shadow is 7."

"Are they from the same litter?"

"HUH? if i hear this question one more time.... - Page 2 85993 "
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: if i hear this question one more time....   if i hear this question one more time.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 7:22 pm

henielsen wrote:
"Shania is 8 and Shadow is 7."

"Are they from the same litter?"

Heather, that has me lol!

Teenager
Teenager
toyszruskid

PostSubject: Re: if i hear this question one more time....   if i hear this question one more time.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 7:55 pm

Huskyluv wrote:

I second this!

Here's one for you guys: This has happened to me twice, with two different people. Walking Drogo and someone sees him and stops to ask questions. We engage in conversation and start talking about their dog. "I got a K-9." "Oh, you have a dog? That's nice. What kind?" "A K-9." ...... "Ummm...... yea. But WHAT KIND." "One of those cop dogs man, you know." "A German Shepherd?" "Yea yea, whatever." >_________>
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: if i hear this question one more time....   if i hear this question one more time.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 9:19 pm

toyszruskid wrote:
Huskyluv wrote:

I second this!

Here's one for you guys: This has happened to me twice, with two different people. Walking Drogo and someone sees him and stops to ask questions. We engage in conversation and start talking about their dog. "I got a K-9." "Oh, you have a dog? That's nice. What kind?" "A K-9." ...... "Ummm...... yea. But WHAT KIND." "One of those cop dogs man, you know." "A German Shepherd?" "Yea yea, whatever." >_________>

OMG! I think I met this person's cousin! Wink Someone asked us "Is that a husky or a K9?" lol!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: if i hear this question one more time....   if i hear this question one more time.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 9:29 pm

Yep, I've gotten the "is that police dog?" question. Ummm, no...LOL
Back to top Go down
Dee&Frankie
Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: if i hear this question one more time....   if i hear this question one more time.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 10:14 pm

Tonight I got "is that a fox"..............that was a first for me scratch
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: if i hear this question one more time....   if i hear this question one more time.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 10:26 pm

Dee&Frankie wrote:
Tonight I got "is that a fox"..............that was a first for me scratch

OMG lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: if i hear this question one more time....   if i hear this question one more time.... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

if i hear this question one more time....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next