It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

What they heck is this?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

What they heck is this?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What they heck is this?    What they heck is this?  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:00 pm

you all are so funny, i can handle most bugs, dont get be started on ants.....

i love the Digital Calibrator! what do you use if for other then measuring bugs?

hope you can rid of them fast.

Teenager
Teenager
MicroBrewer

Male Join date : 2011-10-20

PostSubject: Re: What they heck is this?    What they heck is this?  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:19 pm

brady.law wrote:
Would u like to trade? I would much rather find your cute little beetle than this...

What they heck is this?  - Page 2 B5898d7d
What they heck is this?  - Page 2 F01b19f0

Isn't it adorable. It's a house centipede and they are a huge problem, they show up on the ceiling and floor constantly. They are like 2 inches long. They freak me the f*ck out.

Ha, very common in Minnesota. Some of the most animated reactions that Emily has ever made have come from encountering a house centipede.
Back to top Go down
LillDragun
Teenager
Teenager
LillDragun

Male Join date : 2012-04-24

PostSubject: Re: What they heck is this?    What they heck is this?  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:14 pm

jbealer wrote:

i love the Digital Calibrator! what do you use if for other then measuring bugs?

I use it to calibrate the scope for my zombie stick among other things. haha
What they heck is this?  - Page 2 Photo13

Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

Female Join date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: What they heck is this?    What they heck is this?  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 3:11 pm

I had never seen a house centipede till I moved to NJ and OMFG I freaked out, I hate them! Havent seen them here in TX though thank gawd!
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: What they heck is this?    What they heck is this?  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 3:35 pm

LillDragun wrote:
jbealer wrote:

I use it to calibrate the scope for my zombie stick among other things. haha
What they heck is this?  - Page 2 Photo13

Nice group you've got there. What caliber zombie stick you shooting?
Back to top Go down
LillDragun
Teenager
Teenager
LillDragun

PostSubject: Re: What they heck is this?    What they heck is this?  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:51 pm

.243. All anyone needs in Tx. But I don't believe in hunting for sport. So really it's just for shooting paper. But with all the crap that is put into the store bought meat, maybe some wild game is healthier.
Back to top Go down
LillDragun
Teenager
Teenager
LillDragun

PostSubject: Re: What they heck is this?    What they heck is this?  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 9:13 pm

Here4thepics: Oops. I though I said "thank you"...I didn't. Thank you! Haha. The groups should have been better, but both times were with about 15-20 mph crosswind. Of course the days that I have to go into work early are the days with no wind

Last edited by LillDragun on Fri May 18, 2012 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: What they heck is this?    What they heck is this?  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 9:15 pm

LillDragun wrote:
OH AWESOME! That makes my life so much better! Good thing I just bought a dyson! Let's see how well it does!

I get these in my house, at times, mainly in the pantry. Since we are both in CC, I would suggest calling ABC Pest control, and they have done an EXCELLENT job at eliminating all insects, especially those. And they use treatments that are pet friendly!
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: What they heck is this?    What they heck is this?  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 9:19 pm

MelissaI wrote:
affraid affraid That thing is FREAKY AS S**T!!!! Omg, i can't handle insects. Seriously. They freak me out!!! Roaches are the worst. I'm terrified of them!!!! And we have A LOT in South FL especially in the summer. Just last night there was one in the living room and Kody and Asia thought it was a toy pale

OMG We have TONS too, especially with the Palm Trees. They gross me out. I found a water bug hanging out of Rio's mouth the other day and wanted to throw up. Then she tried to kiss me and I gagged again.

Along with the pepper flakes, mint oil mixed with lavender and cedarwood is good on the kitchen cabinets and countertops. (We use the pepper flakes as well) They have all but eliminated the roach and flour bug issue. We also keep our noodles, coffee, cocoa, etc, in the freezer.
Back to top Go down
4BangenRange
Puppy
Puppy
4BangenRange

Male Join date : 2011-10-09

PostSubject: Re: What they heck is this?    What they heck is this?  - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 1:21 am

As i am laying on my floor reading about bugs. Knowing that every now and then i find a centipede or two crawling on the floor. i cant help but go "shfheiubfbjsbdiugbirvnsjdnfnnoinn!!!" lol
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: What they heck is this?    What they heck is this?  - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 1:27 am

If it has more than 6 legs, I will probably scream like a school girl... Not really but I will poo a little
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: What they heck is this?    What they heck is this?  - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 11:26 am

A fb friend posted awile back a pic of a wolf spider she literally ran into when she was going out her front door first thing in the morning. That thing was huge! I would much rather deal with anything else and I'm not usually scared of spiders.
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: What they heck is this?    What they heck is this?  - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 1:29 pm

I dunno if I see them I don't care. I don't freak out, it's when I find one on me or in the shower between my feet when I have a small heart attack.
Back to top Go down
LillDragun
Teenager
Teenager
LillDragun

PostSubject: Re: What they heck is this?    What they heck is this?  - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 2:02 pm

Anything with more than 4 legs that moves really fast is a no no. Larger spiders ad lizards are okay, but anything that ends in -ipedeis a no no! And anything with a stinger is bad too!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: What they heck is this?    What they heck is this?  - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 3:24 pm

I'm fascinated with Prey Mantis though. I like them. There is a family of them that live on the front of my house. I see them every year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What they heck is this?    What they heck is this?  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What they heck is this?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2