It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

typical and non-typical behavior

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
britandsteven
Puppy
Puppy
britandsteven

Female Join date : 2010-01-18

typical and non-typical behavior Empty
PostSubject: typical and non-typical behavior   typical and non-typical behavior EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 2:43 am

I know that huskies are very prey-driven animals, but I am a very avid cat lover. I have had great success raising my young man around my 4 cats, 3 of which were around way before the dogs. I just had a cute thing happen today though. I was reading and it got very quiet in the house, so I decided to check on the animals activity. I look over by the kitchen table and see the cutest thing ever! Icon is laying with his head on the bench while my brother and sister cat are grooming his head! I would have tried to get a picture but as soon as Icon realized I was watching he pounced the cats and they started play fighting again. I don't think Icon wanted me to see his bonding moment with the cats:)
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: typical and non-typical behavior   typical and non-typical behavior EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 9:44 am

So cute! Koda enjoys chasing cats. He's grabbed one and shook it up before, but no blood, so we're pretty certain that he doesn't want to kill them, but he doesn't really know how to appropriately play with them Razz

typical and non-typical behavior Hailey10
Back to top Go down
britandsteven
Puppy
Puppy
britandsteven

PostSubject: Re: typical and non-typical behavior   typical and non-typical behavior EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 10:05 am

i bet that cat was pissed! Icon likes to flea-bite them, they seem to enjoy that though..
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: typical and non-typical behavior   typical and non-typical behavior EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 10:28 am

Flea-bite? Smile What's that?

Back to top Go down
britandsteven
Puppy
Puppy
britandsteven

PostSubject: Re: typical and non-typical behavior   typical and non-typical behavior EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 10:36 am

I guess that is a clinic term, but if you ever watch a dog grooming himself and they seem to chew with their front teeth really small, fast chewing, its quite funny, but not so I guess if the dog really had fleas... come to think of it I don't know why it is called flea biting because Icon has never had fleas and he does it all the time...
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: typical and non-typical behavior   typical and non-typical behavior EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 10:40 am

Haha- oh! I just called it like "he's grooming me" Koda used to that a lot to us when he was a puppy. Somewhere along the way I think he realized that we weren't dogs Razz

Back to top Go down
britandsteven
Puppy
Puppy
britandsteven

PostSubject: Re: typical and non-typical behavior   typical and non-typical behavior EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 10:50 am

Haha, Icon really loves doing it... everyone thinks it is so hilarious, it actually kind of tickles when he does it.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: typical and non-typical behavior   typical and non-typical behavior EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 11:16 am

I've caught Cheyenne holding a cat and grooming it before... when she realized i was looking she howled at it and the cat ran off. They have such funny personalities!
Back to top Go down
britandsteven
Puppy
Puppy
britandsteven

PostSubject: Re: typical and non-typical behavior   typical and non-typical behavior EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 11:19 am

hehe, maybe they really want us to think they hate cats...
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: typical and non-typical behavior   typical and non-typical behavior EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 11:26 am

My guy openly likes cats. Now we only have one though. This guy (cat) passed last July, he was 12.

Last edited by harrise on Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
britandsteven
Puppy
Puppy
britandsteven

PostSubject: Re: typical and non-typical behavior   typical and non-typical behavior EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 11:29 am

aww:) they were so cute! I wish I could catch Icon with them, but I guess I just make such a big deal about it he has to react... although it doesn't take much for him to react...
Back to top Go down
britandsteven
Puppy
Puppy
britandsteven

PostSubject: Re: typical and non-typical behavior   typical and non-typical behavior EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 11:30 am

...on camera I mean, I catch him all the time, i'm just not quick enough:(
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: typical and non-typical behavior   typical and non-typical behavior EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 11:35 am

So cute Eddy! Smile Koda is NO WAY IN H*LL like that. Haha...

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: typical and non-typical behavior   typical and non-typical behavior EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 1:08 pm

ya not sure i want to know what would happen with a cat in the house i all ready know what happens with chinchillas in the house. my hope of ever having ferrets again was crushed with the added huskies. but i do love me some huskies!
Back to top Go down
britandsteven
Puppy
Puppy
britandsteven

PostSubject: Re: typical and non-typical behavior   typical and non-typical behavior EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 1:10 pm

Huskies are addictive!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: typical and non-typical behavior   typical and non-typical behavior Empty

Back to top Go down

typical and non-typical behavior

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1