It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

our poor girl Sierra :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

our poor girl Sierra :( Empty
PostSubject: our poor girl Sierra :(   our poor girl Sierra :( EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 2:16 pm

Such Drama this morning! Our back yard neighbors dog broke through one panel on the wooden fence last night and some time is morning he broke another panel and when I was trying to get my to dogs in the house he put his head through the fence and bit Sierra on her face and she has a puncture above her nose and some scratches from his teeth and a gash under her mouth, he must have put his whole mouth on her mouth and pulled Took her to the vet and got it washed out and some antibiotics. Talked to the neighbor on the phone and he said he was sorry and would fix the fence tonight and pay for her vet bill. I sure hope she does not get scars on her cute face now. I don’t know what to do about there dog he has broken a few fence panels all ready but he seems very mad at our dogs.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: our poor girl Sierra :(   our poor girl Sierra :( EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 2:19 pm

OMG! I'm so sorry Sad Poor Sierra Sad

At least the neighbor is taking responsibility for his dog. Can you reinforce the fence somehow, on top of what he is already doing? That's just so crappy.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: our poor girl Sierra :(   our poor girl Sierra :( EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 2:33 pm

the panels are on his side so the only thing i can think about is if i get chain link and put it on our side but i don't think it would stop his dog from trying to still brake the wood panels, would keep him from getting to our dogs.
Back to top Go down
...YouKnowWho
Forum Nazi and B*tcher
...YouKnowWho

Male Join date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: our poor girl Sierra :(   our poor girl Sierra :( EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 2:33 pm

I'd recommend that the neighbor put a layer of chain link fence on their side so that he can't get to the wooden fence. Chain link fence is a lot cheaper than another vet bill.

Sorry to hear about the craziness.

Posts made by me are not associated or approved by itsahuskything.com. It is widely known that I am a misfit, ingrate, degenerate, brash, trenchant, sardonic, brusque, forthright individual. It should be remembered that all parties operate on the internet and any offense taken from the internet should immediately be followed by a thorough evaluation of one's personal sanity.

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
Back to top Go down
Ruger
Releaser Pheromone
Ruger

Male Join date : 2009-05-22

PostSubject: Re: our poor girl Sierra :(   our poor girl Sierra :( EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 4:53 pm

Dang thats crazy...what kind of dog do they have?
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: our poor girl Sierra :(   our poor girl Sierra :( EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 5:03 pm

not sure think it is a mix with a germen shepherd, they also have a jack terrier but the 2 of them get along, he does not like our doges he has a mean sounding bark when my 2 are runing along the fence trying to play with him.
Back to top Go down
The Dentist
Teenager
Teenager
The Dentist

Female Join date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: our poor girl Sierra :(   our poor girl Sierra :( EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 6:29 pm

Gosh, I'm sorry to hear all this! It sounds like your Sierra suffered a much worse bite than my Gunny did. He finished his antibiotics just this morning and his nose is still healing. I'll try to take picture later. But don't worry Sierra is now ok! I sure hope the owner does a good job fixing the fence.
Back to top Go down
Catherine
Teenager
Teenager

Female Join date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: our poor girl Sierra :(   our poor girl Sierra :( EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 8:11 pm

Poor Sierra on her home turf too. Like Tori said at least the owner is taking responsibility for what happened.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: our poor girl Sierra :(   our poor girl Sierra :( EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 4:14 pm

Up date,

Sierra's cuts are all scabbed over and not sown anymore; getting her to not eat her pill is challenging, trying to hide them in a bread ball. The neighbor fixed the fence and other "bad" panel and paid for all most her whole vet bill. He was very sorry it happened and was nice about the whole thing. We took her and Jack to wash park and she chased the squirrels around and had a good time.
Back to top Go down
...YouKnowWho
Forum Nazi and B*tcher
...YouKnowWho

Male Join date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: our poor girl Sierra :(   our poor girl Sierra :( EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 6:07 pm

Be careful at Wash Park. They're pretty quick to hand out a citation for not having a leash there.

Posts made by me are not associated or approved by itsahuskything.com. It is widely known that I am a misfit, ingrate, degenerate, brash, trenchant, sardonic, brusque, forthright individual. It should be remembered that all parties operate on the internet and any offense taken from the internet should immediately be followed by a thorough evaluation of one's personal sanity.

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: our poor girl Sierra :(   our poor girl Sierra :( EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 6:17 pm

Oh we would never take either of them off leash! we would never see them again! i was being pulled by her chasing the squirrels back up the tree Smile i got my work out as well with her!
Back to top Go down
The Dentist
Teenager
Teenager
The Dentist

PostSubject: Re: our poor girl Sierra :(   our poor girl Sierra :( EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 8:19 pm

jbealer wrote:
Up date,

Sierra's cuts are all scabbed over and not sown anymore; getting her to not eat her pill is challenging, trying to hide them in a bread ball. The neighbor fixed the fence and other "bad" panel and paid for all most her whole vet bill. He was very sorry it happened and was nice about the whole thing. We took her and Jack to wash park and she chased the squirrels around and had a good time.

I used Rotisserie chicken left overs to hide Gunny's antibiotics. I'd have him sit down and stand behind him and put the chicken in his mouth with his head facing up to me and make sure that he chews and swallows the whole thing keeping his head up. That did the trick for me everytime.
Back to top Go down
The Dentist
Teenager
Teenager
The Dentist

PostSubject: Re: our poor girl Sierra :(   our poor girl Sierra :( EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 11:50 am

I just noticed that you added some new pics to the tall tales--what beautiful dogs you have! I am wondering how Sierra is doing since that mishap happened?
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: our poor girl Sierra :(   our poor girl Sierra :( EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 12:30 pm

She is all scabbed up and doing ok, the neighbor was nice about it and fixed the fence and we have not seen his dog out as much. Sorry to hear gunny got bit as well seem like it is going around here! we try to be careful when walking them and gaps in the fences they like to put there faces right in there to see if there is a dog or not, we need to stop letting them do it or one will end up getting bit again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: our poor girl Sierra :(   our poor girl Sierra :( Empty

Back to top Go down

our poor girl Sierra :(

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1