It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

"Omg your poor dog!"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

"Omg your poor dog!" Empty
PostSubject: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" EmptyThu May 24, 2012 5:49 pm

Ok so we all have a little pet peeves when it comes to the ignorance of huskies (omg its a wolf!) and yesterday my brother and sister in law were talking to me again about kiara "ya well shes a snow dog, she belongs in the snowin like 30 degree weather, she doesn't belong here, poor dog is probably dying of heat" I'm just like UGH I don't loose my cool cause they don't know what they are talking about, but it's like shut up already. She's fine. She's in the house where its AC, there is a pool in the backyard, shade. I'm like it's not a big deal, they can acclimate perfectly fine. I was like I'm on a husky forum and a lot of people have them in warm climates there is a girl who has 5 in florida (kristina) haha. He's like "omg they must be miserable!" I'm just like ok just because they are sled dogs doesn't mean they need to be living outside in the snow their whole life, or at all.

I am curious what you tell people when they look at you like your abusing your animal for having them where there isn't snow all year around. I'm sure Kristina has to get this a lot.

Last edited by brady.law on Thu May 24, 2012 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" EmptyThu May 24, 2012 5:54 pm

maggie likes to sunbathe. I look at her and think man she must be hot. Nope she is fine.
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" EmptyThu May 24, 2012 5:55 pm

And it's not just them either. It's pretty frequent. God forbid my husky isnt in a life size snow globe her whole life.
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:12 pm

I guess Im looking for a more logical response then "shut up idiot"
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:20 pm

The most common thing I get is "it's a wolf"!!! I get that at least 5 times when I go out in a busy area lol. Thankfully I've never had anyone complain about them living in my area, because it would really piss me off to say the least lol. I'm sure it get's annoying for you. Smile
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:30 pm

have you gotten the why don't you shave her yet? (PLEASE DO NOT)

you can just tell them that huskies were bred with a double coat and not only does it keep them warm in the snow it keeps them cool in the summer, so just tell them she is fit to live in all conditions and she will let me know if its to hot for her, tell them she is fine and gets plenty of exercise early morning/ late at night when it is cooler and he loves the AC

Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:39 pm

Omg yes. My family is always like u should shave her. I considered it but thankfully came across a post on this site. No way! Yea I tell them that but still it's like clock work. Once in a while it's the same "poor dog. It's too hot here"
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:47 pm

I have people tell me all the time that I took the dogs "out of their natural environment" and that is being cruel to them. I always tell them, "Yeah, I took them out of the valley (where it is about 30 degrees hotter at all times) and brought them into an air conditioned home."

They always assume I have shipped them from Alaska or something.

Kya LIVES to be outside in the heat. I can't even hang and she is wanting to play more.

I learned the hard way not to shave her. I did not have this resource when I first got Kya, and made the mistake of shaving her. Not only to I kick myself for taking away her protection, but it has TOTALLY effed up her coat "Omg your poor dog!" 1625187496

I think everyone that even thinks huskies are pretty should come read this forum LOL
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:47 pm

it's been really hot here, and zoey just lays out on the concrete sunbathing all afternoon, she loves it! as long as they're not running around constantly without water and shade, they're fine.

Someone at the dog park was lecturing me to shave my dogs ( they had a husky) and I was like their coat keeps them cool, if you shave it you're just exposing them to skin cancer, and she was like they're a dog they can't get skin cancer! dumb dumb dumb.
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:49 pm

If I can survive 115 degree weather in a car w no AC. I think kiara can survive an AC conditioned home.
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:54 pm

AMEN TO THAT!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Dee&Frankie
Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" EmptyThu May 24, 2012 7:30 pm

Living in south Fl. I get that all of the time too. I just say "well I'm pretty sure he was born here so it's all he is used to". I also explain that his coat keeps him cool and he finds many ways to keep himself cool in the summer like swimming and plenty of AC. People are just ignorant.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" EmptyThu May 24, 2012 8:09 pm

Dee&Frankie wrote:
Living in south Fl. I get that all of the time too. I just say "well I'm pretty sure he was born here so it's all he is used to". I also explain that his coat keeps him cool and he finds many ways to keep himself cool in the summer like swimming and plenty of AC. People are just ignorant.

Yep! Same here! I say "they were born here, they're used to it. Plus they're inside dogs who sleep under the AC, but they sunbathe all of the time so they enjoy it!"

I've gotten the nastiest looks. Whatever ignorant a$$ people...keeping walking and keep your stares to yourself!
Back to top Go down
evelazquez
Teenager
Teenager
evelazquez

Male Join date : 2012-03-17

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" EmptyThu May 24, 2012 8:18 pm

I'm pretty sarcastic at times if you catch me in the right mood... Which one lady did. She started with the I should shave him. I answered I can't. She asked, well why not its cruel. I answered her I don't want him to get freezer burns, he sleeps there at night. I walked away while she stood gaping at me. I couldn't help and laugh as I was walking.
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" EmptyThu May 24, 2012 8:34 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:27 pm

My Dog is an Okie he was born here so he is used to the very hot summers here..

Blaze also sunbaths every chance he gets loves to lay in the yard in the sun.

There are alot of Huskies that go to the dog park here and everyone that owns them knows not to shave them.

The huskies play alot at the dog park.

Back to top Go down
ZoeTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
ZoeTheHusky

Male Join date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:59 pm

People is IGNANT.. Mad
"Omg your poor dog!" At-first-i-was-like-but-then-i-lold
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" EmptyThu May 24, 2012 10:20 pm

We moved here from AZ... I really never got a comment about how he shouldn't be in such a hot state. They'd ask how he tolerated it, but that's it.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" EmptyThu May 24, 2012 10:36 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
... if you shave it you're just exposing them to skin cancer, and she was like they're a dog they can't get skin cancer! dumb dumb dumb.

lol!

People are just so stupid!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" EmptyThu May 24, 2012 10:37 pm

Everyone knows dogs have anti cancer skin.
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" EmptyThu May 24, 2012 10:43 pm

arooroomom wrote:
Jennet&Embry wrote:
... if you shave it you're just exposing them to skin cancer, and she was like they're a dog they can't get skin cancer! dumb dumb dumb.

lol!

People are just so stupid!

Do ppl do this to you
Back to top Go down
ZoeTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
ZoeTheHusky

Male Join date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" EmptyThu May 24, 2012 11:28 pm

brady.law wrote:
Everyone knows dogs have anti cancer skin.

My teacher learned me about that too. See their cells actually go through cancer self defense classes during mitosis.

Common Knowledge lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

Female Join date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" EmptyFri May 25, 2012 1:23 am

I've been accused of animal neglect and cruelty for taking them for walks etc, never do they notice the cooling jackets they wear out! But yah, im an abuser cause i dont shave them and sh!t. "Omg your poor dog!" 1625187496
Back to top Go down
Lainaloo
Teenager
Teenager
Lainaloo

Female Join date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" EmptyFri May 25, 2012 2:14 am

When I go home (Central FL) EVERYONE has something to say about how Atka should be up north. He was born here in AL... it doesn't snow. The only reason it looks like he's dying when I'm there is because NO ONE apparently can afford to have their A/C on below 79. I feel like I'm dying when I'm there. No shit my dog is panting and drinks 5 gallons of water a day, your house is a furnace.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/laina.dotson
Snow White
Teenager
Teenager
Snow White

Female Join date : 2012-04-02

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" EmptyFri May 25, 2012 10:17 am

Lainaloo wrote:
When I go home (Central FL) EVERYONE has something to say about how Atka should be up north. He was born here in AL... it doesn't snow. The only reason it looks like he's dying when I'm there is because NO ONE apparently can afford to have their A/C on below 79. I feel like I'm dying when I'm there. No shit my dog is panting and drinks 5 gallons of water a day, your house is a furnace.
Omg I would die. I keep my A/C at 70 at all times. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" Empty

Back to top Go down

"Omg your poor dog!"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next