It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

"Omg your poor dog!"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

"Omg your poor dog!" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 3:09 pm

Ugh my parents are like that. They keep it at like 76 or something. I'm like IT'S 120 OUTSIDE.
Back to top Go down
Legend_of_Faolan
Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

Female Join date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 3:15 pm

Oddly enough I've never gotten comments about the heat and my husky even though it's often 80s and 90s in the summer time here. We are at the dog park right now and he is clearly a bit warm but I just spray him down with the hose every now and then when he slows down and he does fine. I take him to the lake on the hotter days so he can get exercise while keeping cool.
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 3:55 pm

I keep it at 76 here. It is expensive any lower.
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 3:58 pm

norbreedslove wrote:

When i lived on my own we paid a ton for AC but I would rather that than sweat an be uncomfortable all day and night.

Ps- is do u know of any dog parks around here that have pool/lake in them?
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 4:07 pm

brady.law wrote:
norbreedslove wrote:

When i lived on my own we paid a ton for AC but I would rather that than sweat an be uncomfortable all day and night.

Ps- is do u know of any dog parks around here that have pool/lake in them?

nope I don't Sad I know places along the folsom lake you can take dogs too. I know a lot of dog parks have the kiddie pools. Someone said their is creek at one but I dunno where that is.

Ya its like a bizzillon dollars for A/C up here, so cal it was soo cheap. I keep it on 69 everyday and bill wouldn't go over 30 bucks lol. Though 76 in cali is different then humidity heat in the south.
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Oh so Folsom has a fenced area?
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 5:02 pm

oh nope sorry. They are just trails along the river and lake. I have a big long lead I take maggie in the water with me. I wouldn't go to the folsom dog park. Thats where most of the people who steal dogs and puppy flippers go.
Back to top Go down
Brayd'sLady
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 10:43 pm

I've never been asked my dog is a wolf but I was asked if it was a Shar Pei (WTF?).

My dogs do just fine in Tucson.
Back to top Go down
http://sweetmartin.blogspot.com/
Tccgold
Puppy
Puppy

Male Join date : 2011-10-17

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 3:14 pm

The way I help explain it is saying, "Your house has insulation, right? And it help keep it warm in the winter, right? Well, it also helps keep it cool in the summer, right? Same with my pups."

Usually people say "ohhhh... I guess that makes sense. Never thought of it that way."

I'll tell someone once why you shouldn't shave your double-coated dog. Most people don't listen, and know better than I do. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
capblossoms
Teenager
Teenager
capblossoms

Female Join date : 2011-08-29

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 5:06 pm

What I can't stand is the "oh he's so skinny". Sigh. He is 22 in at the withers and 40 pounds at 11 mos....I think he is doing okay. Dante doesn't have a really fluffy coat so I guess its more noticeable. I just can't stand that accusing tone, like I don't ever feed him. Yeah right! That dog eats better than WE do!
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 5:47 pm

Yea I get the skinny thing too when kiara is proper weight. When she was fat she was "healthy" I'm like uh no.. She's fat, fat is not healthy.
Back to top Go down
Tccgold
Puppy
Puppy

Male Join date : 2011-10-17

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 3:06 pm

So... I was in a PetSmart the other day, and on the counter in front of the groomer, they had a little flier. It went over why NOT to shave your dog... the sun damage possibility, undercoat not growing back properly, etc. I was very surprised.

Of course, afterward, it pitched their no-shed treatment (something that's supposed to keep them from shedding any more... not sure how it works).

But all in all, I was glad that they actually warned people about the dangers and had it prominently posted for anyone coming in for grooming to see.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:03 pm

^ Good!

I got, "You have huskies in Florida?!" the other day at the dog park.

"Omg your poor dog!" - Page 2 Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:24 pm

I got AC called on me for my dogs. I was told by the person who called that it was "illegal to have snow dogs in this heat" lmfao
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:36 pm

omg tiff bahaha! Maggie likes laying in the sun!

you guys ain't seen nothing. "oh she is a malamute, why is she so small" I go well she is only 5-10 pounds smaller than the breed standard" They go oh I thought malamutes were 100 pounds. lol
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:44 pm

Tiff&Kya wrote:
I got AC called on me for my dogs. I was told by the person who called that it was "illegal to have snow dogs in this heat" lmfao

Tiff OMG my dogs sun bathe all the time in the middle of the day. Blaze will lay in the sun for about 20 minutes before he is ready for the AIr.
Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

Female Join date : 2012-07-03

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:47 pm

Brayd'sLady wrote:
I've never been asked my dog is a wolf but I was asked if it was a Shar Pei (WTF?).

My dogs do just fine in Tucson.
lmfao! really a shar pei?
id like to know just what exactly theyre smokin
Back to top Go down
xredrainx
Teenager
Teenager
xredrainx

Male Join date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:48 pm

A small yet angering thing (probably my ocd) is when everyone likes to assume my dog's gender and will carry on a full conversation without asking or looking at him.

One day I can see myself snap after the billion time someone calls Thane a she and I will grab their head and yell "LOOK! LOOK! YOU SEE THAT! THAT'S A P3N15! HE IS NOT A SHE!" lol!
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:52 pm

I got a little girl once say mommy look an "officer's dog" lol. She didn't look more than 4. I didn't want to crush her dreams yep she is a GSD.

Jordan, I get male husky all the time. She, and she is a malamute, AND her name is maggie.
Back to top Go down
xredrainx
Teenager
Teenager
xredrainx

Male Join date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:54 pm

lol with a name like maggie it blows me away that someone could goof that hard XD
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:44 pm

you would think. She does have a hunting camo collar on. That might throw people off a bit.
Back to top Go down
ket002
Newborn
Newborn
ket002

Female Join date : 2012-06-07

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:19 pm

I get a lot of "oh poor doggie" as well. It's so funny I'm like yea he's so miserable let me tell ya....Just look at him over there basking in the sun (when clearly there is shade/kiddy pool for him) Smile

"Omg your poor dog!" - Page 2 Li
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:26 pm

Blaze, its 101 out. Dog door with ac a few feet away.
"Omg your poor dog!" - Page 2 541545_497846553574282_893850014_n
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:27 pm

OMG that looks just like my Blaze laying in the sun.. except I believe my Blaze is a bit smaller and a different color..
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:36 pm

ljelgin wrote:
OMG that looks just like my Blaze laying in the sun.. except I believe my Blaze is a bit smaller and a different color..

At least this time he was on the grass. A lot of times he is on the patio where its so hot I cant walk bare footed. Crazy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Omg your poor dog!"   "Omg your poor dog!" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"Omg your poor dog!"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next