It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Throwing herself on the ground

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alicia22
Puppy
Puppy
Alicia22

Female Join date : 2013-02-09

Throwing herself on the ground Empty
PostSubject: Throwing herself on the ground   Throwing herself on the ground EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 9:43 pm

So ever since I got Kiya, she is obsessed with laying down and eating grass. After getting her home for the first week, she wouldn't throw herself down, she would bend down and uproot it. However, over the past two weeks, it has gotten worse...particularly the last two days. She will sit by the door and whine to go out and go to the bathroom, so as soon as I leash her up and get her off the porch, she will literally plop down on the ground and lay their sprawled out. She will not eat grass right away, and I will have to walk over and put my hand underneath her body, and lift her to her feet. She will then take like maybe 10 steps and throw herself down. She literally has done this over 9 times today. The thing is, is she is in air conditioning, all day with me. She likes to sleep the day away (she is 14 weeks old) so I don't think it is a heat thing. I am getting so frustrated and so worried at the same time. I took her temperature yesterday and it was normal at 101.2 . So what I am wondering, is does anyone here also have a pup/dog that does this?
Back to top Go down
LoveMyBrat
Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2013-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Throwing herself on the ground   Throwing herself on the ground EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 9:58 pm

If there is something that my dogs really want they are rather good at anchoring themselves to the ground. And Thor also loves to eat grass. Dogs tend to eat grass to purge their stomachs and make themselves throw up if they aren't feeling well, but some dogs (Thor is one) just like the taste of grass. Make sure it isn't an upset stomach or a food that doesn't agree. Otherwise, just try and teach her than when you say Kiya come on, or leave it she gets a treat to get it away from her.
Back to top Go down
Alicia22
Puppy
Puppy
Alicia22

PostSubject: Re: Throwing herself on the ground   Throwing herself on the ground EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 10:17 pm

She def likes the taste of it, and never throws it up. I will have to carry treats to get her up, thanks!
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Throwing herself on the ground   Throwing herself on the ground EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 11:36 pm

lol. Kenzi does both these things but never at the same time. She throws herself down when she's being a drama queen and wants us to pay attention to her or she's bored. She eats tons of grass! but only the grass at my parents place. I guess the grass is better there.

Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

Female Join date : 2013-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Throwing herself on the ground   Throwing herself on the ground EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:45 am

The first time i took my two out to the pet store after i got them jasper just fell over like you kicked his legs out from under him when someone complimented him in the store. He did it so quickly and just laid their that the poor lady freaked out and frantically asked if he was okay or if he was having a seizure and asked if i had him on meds. All i could do was slap my forehead and blush at first before explaining he was fine that he is a husky a they can be dramatic he only wanted her to rub his chest and sides. He will still do it but not as bad, jasper can be embarassing to bring out. And both mine seem to like eating grass too, not excessively but they will graze usually we have some throw up but its only after bellas been chomping on jaspers neck so he gets a bit sick sometimes.
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Throwing herself on the ground   Throwing herself on the ground EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 10:42 am

Karli doesn't plop down, but she grazes as we walk, like literally mouth wide open chomping at grass as we pass by. And she never throws it up either. But I've never had an issue with her not moving when outside, treats are definitely a big help. Maybe she wants to lay outside in the sun? Karli's favorite thing to do outside right now is to plop down in a patch of sun and just lay there.
Back to top Go down
LittleHouse
Puppy
Puppy
LittleHouse

Male Join date : 2013-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Throwing herself on the ground   Throwing herself on the ground EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 6:37 pm

Haha Ajax does this too. If he doesn't want to leave the dog park he hits the deck when he sees me with leash in hand. He also does it before bed time, and in the morning when he doesn't want to wake up. Stubborn little guy
Back to top Go down
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

Female Join date : 2013-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Throwing herself on the ground   Throwing herself on the ground EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 10:53 pm

Selena is obsessed with eating grass lately. It must be that time of year it tastes sweeter. As for the throwing herself on the ground....well, yup that is an every day thing!! Lol..Anytime she knows its time to go in the house and if she sees me coming with her leash..forget it she fights me to get her up Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Alicia22
Puppy
Puppy
Alicia22

PostSubject: Re: Throwing herself on the ground   Throwing herself on the ground EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:32 pm

Haha, thanks for all of the responses everyone. Glad to see this is just typical husky behavior. Alicia, that is funny and so true at how over dramatic they can be!
Btw, Laura, I am so jealous of your pups. I love the "dirty faces" so much!! Kiya has two freckles on her snout. I wish she had more though. Beautiful pups.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Throwing herself on the ground   Throwing herself on the ground Empty

Back to top Go down

Throwing herself on the ground

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1