It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Thinking of rehoming..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

Thinking of rehoming.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thinking of rehoming..   Thinking of rehoming.. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 2:00 pm

jbrown1028 wrote:
If all you can do is get rid of her, send me a PM I will be happy to drive down to SC and see if I can take her. I have been very successful with Huskys.
I feel that's a little unfair to say.. a lot of people here have been successful with huskies, and I don't think the fact that her teenager is being unruly makes her 'unsuccessful' with huskies, it just makes her frustrated and she CAN be successful, just like everyone can, judging by the amount of work shes put in already.

While I do agree with others that it is a bit harsh to say you want to get rid of her because shes acting like a teenage husky, like Val said it will get better. I also think you may want to look for more vets, because you'll want a vet who isn't going to think that the raw diet is the source of all her health problems, you're going to want a vet that wants to work WITH you. It can be incredibly frustrating to go with a vet who doesn't listen to your concerns and blames you as the owner when you're actually giving her an incredibly healthy diet. Everything else just sounds like typical husky behavior and its a road bump you'll have to get over, but after seeing what you've already struggled with I feel like you could be a great forever home for her if you can just get through all these issues.
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of rehoming..   Thinking of rehoming.. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:41 pm

I dont really have much to say other than i hope you and your dog are both happy in the end. But i do want to say this thread gave me a bunch of reassurance. I never got as upset at koda but i do always think " wow what did i get myself into.. I hope he calms down a little" its nice to hear there is a light at the end of the tunnel lol. He has sooooo much energy as a puppy. Never naps for me, and i take him to the dog park atleast 3 timea a week and walk him daily. He is barking at me biting me if im not paying attention to him. He has gotten better though. The only way i get peace usually is by giving him a bully stick (that lasts about 30-45 min), or give him is frozen kong (about 30min). This teenage phase is hard but i love him soo much and would never give up. It did make me feel a lot more comfortable to hear it gets better and this is normal. Goodluck! And i hope everything works out! And thank you everyone who made me feel better!
Back to top Go down
jbrown1028
Puppy
Puppy
jbrown1028

Male Join date : 2013-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of rehoming..   Thinking of rehoming.. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:43 pm

Mobezilla wrote:

I feel that's a little unfair to say.. a lot of people here have been successful with huskies, and I don't think the fact that her teenager is being unruly makes her 'unsuccessful' with huskies, it just makes her frustrated and she CAN be successful, just like everyone can, judging by the amount of work shes put in already.
Absolutely 100% agree, I thought long and hard to even make that post, although in my past I have rescued one husky from being choked to death by an ass who wanted to kill her from chewing on the remote control... Another from months and months of being tied up on a chain during 95+ degree days with 80 - 90% humidity and no shade.

In no way am I at the concerned portion for Heather right now, she is doing herself a HUGE favor by asking for help, I just want to give her that option, if all else fails (which I cross my fingers and really HOPE it doesn't fail), before the "Baseball bat to the face" -- (Which I know I am being overzealous on this comment and it is just a thought not an actual requisition from her)

Don't take what I say as me trying to be fatalistic and thinking of the worse, just want her to know there is at least 1 person that would be willing to take her if all else fails.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of rehoming..   Thinking of rehoming.. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thinking of rehoming..

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2