It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

7 month old Male obsessed with 10 week old?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JInsua
Newborn
Newborn
JInsua

Female Join date : 2012-10-24

7 month old Male obsessed with 10 week old?! Empty
PostSubject: 7 month old Male obsessed with 10 week old?!   7 month old Male obsessed with 10 week old?! EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 10:21 am

Okay, So I have a 7 month old un neutered male. He's a dog humper. Anytime we have seen dogs at the beach or the park, his first instinct is to hump. I have always deferred this and just kinda pulled away. He has a great temperament and listens to (Most) of his commands. I have a strict schedule for him, and he has always done great. My boyfriend surprised me 4 days ago with a 10 week old female siberian. She's the typical sweet, loving, (cage howling, gremlin escaper) husky puppy. We introduced them and immediately they were okay! She barked at him and they began playing. Within the last 2 days, he has become obsessed! He wants to lick her private area and tries to hump her CONSTANTLY! I have to tell him no every 2 seconds. He barely lets her walk around with out trying to do this. I get frustrated and end up sending him to time out in his kennel. He's fine and just sits there and mopes. The instant he is free.. he goes directly to her to continue this behavior. He barely listens to anything at all anymore. He barely gives himself a potty break and he hasn't eaten in a day and half. Is this normal?!? I know huskies want to dominate.. but Geez. My poor little girl can't even get a nap! Should I keep them separated? Should I let it continue and just keep correcting him? Will this wear off?! I feel so bad for both. I tried even separating them with a baby gate and he tries to jump over it and she does too!
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: 7 month old Male obsessed with 10 week old?!   7 month old Male obsessed with 10 week old?! EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 10:24 am

Is there a reason he is not neutered? That could be contributing to it, though 7 months is younger than some people prefer to neuter. There are many opinions on appropriate age.
Back to top Go down
JInsua
Newborn
Newborn
JInsua

PostSubject: Re: 7 month old Male obsessed with 10 week old?!   7 month old Male obsessed with 10 week old?! EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 10:30 am

Yes.. My vet recommended waiting closer to his year
Back to top Go down
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

Female Join date : 2013-02-08

PostSubject: Re: 7 month old Male obsessed with 10 week old?!   7 month old Male obsessed with 10 week old?! EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 11:49 am

My mothers /brothers dog is like this but worse he is around 8 years old now and tries pinning every dog down and jumping it male or female and doesnt listen to leave it or anything, he cant even be around other dogs. I would maybe think about neutering sooner rather then later.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: 7 month old Male obsessed with 10 week old?!   7 month old Male obsessed with 10 week old?! EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 3:02 pm

If it's causing issues in the household, I would get him neutered ASAP. Plus since you have a female, she could go into heat as early as 5/6 months and then you'd really have to have them seperated all the time to make sure she didn't have an accidental litter.

My oldest boy was neueterd at 5 months, and he hasn't had any issues at all.
Back to top Go down
JInsua
Newborn
Newborn
JInsua

PostSubject: Re: 7 month old Male obsessed with 10 week old?!   7 month old Male obsessed with 10 week old?! EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 12:02 pm

Yes.. I have definitely decided to get him neutered as soon as possible! (I'm waiting for funds) In order to get the fastest results possible and let the puppy breathe, I started doing the Leave me alone bottle method to see if I can help correct his behavior some! I filled a 20 once bottle of pennies and nickels. Every time he remotely tries to lick her area or hump her I shake it REALLY hard and say NO! Seems to help my sanity some haha.. Went down from every .5 seconds to he now gives her a couple minutes and actually lets her play with a rope and drink water! He now just bites her face and neck and more of a puppy play time! haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 7 month old Male obsessed with 10 week old?!   7 month old Male obsessed with 10 week old?! Empty

Back to top Go down

7 month old Male obsessed with 10 week old?!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1