It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Neighbor Rant

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bane
Puppy
Puppy
Bane

Female Join date : 2013-05-18

Neighbor Rant Empty
PostSubject: Neighbor Rant   Neighbor Rant EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 2:50 pm

I just need to rant and see if I am being out of line. We live in a two bedroom condo with our two huskies, Bane, and Willow. Bane is our first husky, and has been outstanding since day one. Willow was added in about two months ago, and sure, things have been a little rough here, and there, but we always work it out. Well, the neighbor, and I were good friends when we first moved in. Lunches together, took the dogs (her dog, and Bane) to the beach, on walks, hiking. Heck, I lost 13 pounds in the first month we lived here! Then, Willow came home, and the neighbor kind of lost her shit.

Ever since Willow came home its been nothing but bitch, and complain, texts when I'm at work telling me the dogs are barking, or they're banging against the wall. Now, mind you, this woman NEVER leaves her condo. She has a large dog also, and the poor thing has not been on a long walk for a LONG time. We're shocked that the last few times we've seen the two of them, the neighbor is in her pajamas at like 2:00 in the afternoon! Not too shocking since she doesn't work, and hardly does anything with her poor dog.

When we first moved in we would dog-sit for her when she went to go run her errands. When we got Willow, this came to a screeching halt on her end. Her dog has separation anxiety, BAD. We're talking, non-stop howling for hours on end if the neighbor is gone for a few short hours. I suggested to her that a radio be left on, give her a rawhide, etc. She told me she had done all that. Also told me that if I was home, and her dog was carrying on to just, "knock on the foyer wall, and tell her to knock it off." So, I did that for a while. Then it got to the point, I ignored it.

Well, back to our side of things. I never should have given this woman my cell phone number. All its EVER been is, "Your dogs are barking. Get them to stop," "I'm a prisoner in my condo because you husband is out on his balcony smoking," mind you, that's the ONLY place he can smoke on the property. It just seems like every time one little thing is not in her favor, its my fault.

A few weekends ago, my husband has his buddies over. They were outside smoking, drinking, and playing cards. We have city ordained quiet hours between 10:00 PM and 8:00 AM. They were not loud, they were quiet, and had even turned down the music right at 10:00 PM. I get a text at 10:34 PM asking me how long our guests would be over. I replied with the generic, "I have no idea." It was a Friday night, at 10:34...really?! She replies back with SIX, yes SIX, text messages about how she's a prisoner in her house, her dog is panting (mind you, we live on the coast, the warmest it gets is in the middle of the day, and possibly about 78 degrees F).

Am I just being overly sensitive about the whole issue? Or does this lady seem to be off her meds? I work in the leasing office, and literally walk 25 feet from my front door, to my desk. If I am not with anybody, and the dogs are excessively barking, then yes. I will run down there just to make sure they aren't barking at someone or something coming into their patio. She text me just this morning, "Willow keeps barking. Will you get her to stop." With texts like these, half of me doesn't want to go down there, and get her to stop.

What would you do? We are moving into a house at the end of the month, and I'm quite tempted to send her a text back, and tell her although I work on property, I do not have the luxury of running home when my dogs are barking (chirping at someone walking by, or because one has a bone the other one wants). The end of the month cannot come soon enough...
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

Neighbor Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neighbor Rant   Neighbor Rant EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 2:54 pm

Block her number, or change yours.
Back to top Go down
Bane
Puppy
Puppy
Bane

Neighbor Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neighbor Rant   Neighbor Rant EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 2:56 pm

My only worry is that she'll start banging on our door then. :/ I am blocking her number right now though.
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

Neighbor Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neighbor Rant   Neighbor Rant EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 3:35 pm

You are not being overly senstive, she is! Her dog has issues too, but its always your fault? Would she call your office if she can't get a hold of you via text? If she does, I'd simply tell her "I'm really busy right now at my JOB, I can't run home to stop my dogs." She needs to deal with it, it comes with having a neighbor who has dogs.
Back to top Go down
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

Neighbor Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neighbor Rant   Neighbor Rant EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 6:59 pm

It will be over in a month at least. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bane
Puppy
Puppy
Bane

Neighbor Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neighbor Rant   Neighbor Rant EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 7:05 pm

cinnamonbits wrote:
You are not being overly senstive, she is! Her dog has issues too, but its always your fault? Would she call your office if she can't get a hold of you via text? If she does, I'd simply tell her "I'm really busy right now at my JOB, I can't run home to stop my dogs." She needs to deal with it, it comes with having a neighbor who has dogs.
Yes, she can get a hold of me at the office. I've already decided if she says something to me, I'll just tell her, "I'm sorry. My dogs were actually barking AT something, not howling because they were alone." Or something to that effect. Come to find out, Willow was barking at the aggressive neighborhood dog.

techgirl78 wrote:
It will be over in a month at least. Very Happy
We'll be out of here in two weeks! Yay! This has been going on for two months. I'm to the point I'm pulling my hair out.
Back to top Go down
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

Female Join date : 2013-02-08

Neighbor Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neighbor Rant   Neighbor Rant EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 8:27 pm

Neighbors suck plan and simple or at least thats what i have decided. I have to say I would much rather have her as a neighbor then what I have though. We have one behind us thats got a pit that barks continuously for hours sometimes then yells that our dogs sit outside barking forever. Then the moron next door just doesnt like dogs, he waits til mine are outside the cut the grass and weed wack and has shoved the running weed wacker in bella's face because she doesnt like him and barksat him.
Back to top Go down
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

Neighbor Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neighbor Rant   Neighbor Rant EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 9:52 pm

My neighbors border collies sometimes barks for hours. My shepherds mix howling balances it out. You guys make me very great full for my dog friendly neighbors. When I tell she works on it or closes her windows. We do the same. I would probably just let her know she will no longer be captive in 2 weeks. Then hope she gets a neighbor worse then her.
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

Neighbor Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neighbor Rant   Neighbor Rant EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 1:40 am

Um, wow. Your neighbor is nuts. I would also definitely block her number or change yours.

Even though I hate smoking, your husband is perfectly fine to smoke on his back patio. Let her complain all she wants. My bf smokes and I'm trying to get him to quit, but yeah. He is in his own right to smoke on the patio.

You seem like the kind of person to rush to her needs to try to make her as comfortable and less annoyed as possible. I'm the same way. I used to put everyone's needs before mine until they started taking advantage of it. You stress yourself out too much trying to please others and you forget about taking care of yourself.

For the sake of your sanity, you should probably stop catering to her needs and take care of yours first. It sounds like she complains about every little moot detail. I mean, what the hell are you supposed to do about her dog panting? "Okay, go get him some water then" is what I would tell her.

Who knows, maybe Willow isn't even barking and she's just trying to "control" you. Next time she sends you a text like that, say "Sorry, I'm a little busy at work with a customer right now", or just start ignoring them.

You are sooo lucky you don't have to deal with this for another year.
Back to top Go down
Bane
Puppy
Puppy
Bane

Neighbor Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neighbor Rant   Neighbor Rant EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 7:44 pm

VintageJeans wrote:
Um, wow.  Your neighbor is nuts.  I would also definitely block her number or change yours.  

Even though I hate smoking, your husband is perfectly fine to smoke on his back patio.  Let her complain all she wants.  My bf smokes and I'm trying to get him to quit, but yeah.  He is in his own right to smoke on the patio.

You seem like the kind of person to rush to her needs to try to make her as comfortable and less annoyed as possible.  I'm the same way.  I used to put everyone's needs before mine until they started taking advantage of it.  You stress yourself out too much trying to please others and you forget about taking care of yourself.

For the sake of your sanity, you should probably stop catering to her needs and take care of yours first.  It sounds like she complains about every little moot detail.  I mean, what the hell are you supposed to do about her dog panting?  "Okay, go get him some water then" is what I would tell her.

Who knows, maybe Willow isn't even barking and she's just trying to "control" you.  Next time she sends you a text like that, say "Sorry, I'm a little busy at work with a customer right now", or just start ignoring them.

You are sooo lucky you don't have to deal with this for another year.  
I couldn't have said it any better! I am very well known to cater to everyone around me, and give into everyone's needs other than my own. I told my husband when the whole scenario happened a few weekends ago with her horrid texts to me, and him and his buddies just kept on doing what they were doing. Oh to have his mind set!

And yes, so pleased we won't be dealing with this for another year.Just an absolute disaster. I would more than likely go nuts if we were here for another year!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Neighbor Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neighbor Rant   Neighbor Rant Empty

Back to top Go down

Neighbor Rant

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1