It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

How to save a toy?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NovasHuman
Teenager
Teenager
NovasHuman

Female Join date : 2013-04-08

How to save a toy? Empty
PostSubject: How to save a toy?   How to save a toy? EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:13 pm

So the bf just bought Nova a rope toy with a football on it, which she has already torn a huge hole in, he wants me to save the toy. I can separate the 2 and have the rope and the football as 2 toys, the football just has stuffing in it, is there anything else I can fill it with? I know if I just stitch it back up it'll just get torn up again, any tips or suggestions? I figured with huskies someone has tried to resurrect a newly bought toy. Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

How to save a toy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to save a toy?   How to save a toy? EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:30 pm

How big is the football? Could you sew it in a way to insert a small milk jug or bottle or something? Loki likes the toys I put the water bottles in, but it only last a short time before I have to take the bottle from him. Yet, the actual fabric seems to last for awhile.

I also get the really long fuzzy animals and until the rip up the fabric, they seem to like playing with the skins too. Thus, I just remove all the fuzz and let them have it back.
Back to top Go down
NovasHuman
Teenager
Teenager
NovasHuman

How to save a toy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to save a toy?   How to save a toy? EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 12:26 am

We have a stuffingless toy for her already, that she loves, I thought about taking the stuffing out and just sewing it up but i think it would be alittle odd since its a football. We were just trying to think of other things to fill it with that she wouldn't be so obsessed with pulling the inside out. The football isn't very large, i have tiny hands and it is around the length of my hand, I might be able to find a bottle small enough, but she's only really played with one bottle that I know of, thanks for the suggestion I'll try it and see if it lasts.
Back to top Go down
MattV
Newborn
Newborn
MattV

Male Join date : 2013-02-21

How to save a toy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to save a toy?   How to save a toy? EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 12:16 pm

You might try removing the stuffing and sewing a squeaker into it. Storm really likes his toys with squeakers. He also really likes the long fuzzy unstuffed toys that Techgirl mentioned. Oddly he has one stuffed toy that is in the shape of a long, blue dog that he is very gentle with. He will get very concerned if he misplaces it and search around the house and under the blanket in his crate. Treats it similar to how a mother dog treats a pup. Strange animal.
Back to top Go down
NovasHuman
Teenager
Teenager
NovasHuman

How to save a toy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to save a toy?   How to save a toy? EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 6:57 pm

well it already had a squeaker in the football part, that is too cute though Nova doesnt really stress about stuff unless she knows where it is and can't get it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How to save a toy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to save a toy?   How to save a toy? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to save a toy?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1