It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ragdog
Puppy
Puppy
Ragdog

Female Join date : 2014-01-04

huskies - To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize!   huskies - To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 5:13 pm

Well, my girl ir a teenager too, so, right now she can't focus on me, only the ''Boys" and stuff Very Happy
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize!   huskies - To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 5:17 pm

Deal. So we meet in.......the Midwest?
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize!   huskies - To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 5:35 pm

We can meet at Michigan Megan's and have the trifecta.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize!   huskies - To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 5:41 pm

Yes, although I'm stealing Red Link, just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize!   huskies - To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 5:43 pm

Oh crap, wait, wrong Megan. Nevermind.

Ha.
Back to top Go down
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

PostSubject: Re: To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize!   huskies - To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 1:46 am

Oh my I hope they do not all get more like a lab at 11-12 months old. Loki has been more attached to me then me lab has been his whole life since I got him. It is only me too. He follows me all the time and wants to cuddle all the time. I have been sick and he will jump the baby gate to get to my bedroom and cuddle in bed with me. When I take him places if I leave his sight he will sit at the door until I come back or cry. Luckily if I leave him at home or by family he calms down after short time. He is also fine with going in his crate and going to sleep when he sees me put on my work shoes.

My new teenage issue is his obsession with fetch. I assume this is not normal since most huskies do not fetch. Between him and my other fetch obsessed dog it is just hilarious. I fell asleep on couch today and I woke up with 2 ropes and 3 balls on me. At least it was warm enough I could play with them outside for awhile.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize!   huskies - To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 1:58 am

Link goes into his crate now when he hears bags crumbling. He has this "this is good right pappa, look!" face too.
Back to top Go down
GeorginaMay
Teenager
Teenager
GeorginaMay

Female Join date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize!   huskies - To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 3:29 am

Mobezilla wrote:
That makes Yuki's chewing sound like a walk in the park, lmao!! Now I'm afraid to get my little Natsu and go through the deaded teenage stage again.. but gave me a laugh! Hope the kitty came home? And that Orion is being a tad better to make it up to his mommy

Yes Ted came home so all was well Smile
Natsu?? Are you getting another puppy?!  bounce  have I missed a thread somewhere??

Jen I totally feel your pain with Dizzy jumping and mouthing on walks, on Wednesday Orion threw a world class tantrum on out walk because I wouldn't let him chase an off leash Jack Russell that approached us. He threw himself to the ground, rolled round and screamed like the world was ending and I had to just stand there staring straight ahead and ignore him. Next time I am absolutely taking a leaf out of your book and tethering the little sod!

Orion has also had a definate Jekyll & Hyde thing going on lately with his moods too. One minute he is the cunning little douchebag I know and love and the next he is just as sweet as sweet can be  Suspect  it's kind of driving me a bit nuts. I cannot be anywhere without him being right under my feet, in the last few weeks I have trod on him by mistake at least once a day because he is literally always there, whereas he always used to pick a spot and observe if needed - now he "needs to be there (he is sitting on the couch beside me as I type this with his head buried between my back and the couch cushions...). I can't say I have noticed an increase in vocalization because he has always been hugely chatty lol but I have noticed his teeth on skin contact has increased remarkably over the last few weeks. It's almost like his characteristics have intensified, when he's bad he's been super bad, he's taken defiance to a whole new f-you attitude and when he's good he has been a total gem and the biggest cuddliest sweetheart imaginable. I'm glad it's not just him (I was starting to worry that he's mentally unstable lol) but I find it fascinating that those experiencing all have dogs of roughly the same age and stage. Does anyone have any experience of bitches going through the same thing? Also it'll be interesting to see if Dizzy does the crazy lovebug thing since I presume he is still entire?
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize!   huskies - To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 8:11 am

Yes he is. Although he is getting snipped next Friday. I still have my doubts but with the cold weather here I really would have liked to send him to day care, but he's banned until he's fixed. I'm also really tired of neutered males attacking him in the dog park and his retained testicle isn't going to come down so it will have to be done eventually. But, since I gave him the cold shoulder for about 24 hours after "the incident" he has been really attached and sweet. He lays in the floor in front of the couch between my feet and the couch and tries to lick my feet. Follows me to the bathroom and either comes in or lays outside the door until I come out. Jeff and I were talking yesterday about how huskies have this pain in the ass tough attitude, but are all heart, and once you earn it, watch out. You're a team and even though the push you and rebel, they are "yours." I have noticed that the males are huge drama queens compared to the females. My female was a loving sweet puppy that grew up to be an aloof energizer bunny with a prissy, bitchy, insane streak. I kept her intact until she was about 2.5 years old. Diz was Satan's spawn at 4 months, an angel at 5 and now in this other phase. I think males seem have similar patterns of development in this way. I haven't heard many people comment on how sweet their 2-4 month old male puppies are, but I have definitely heard that about females
Back to top Go down
TheBadGuppy
Teenager
Teenager
TheBadGuppy

Female Join date : 2013-06-20

PostSubject: Re: To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize!   huskies - To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 12:16 pm

Gus is definitely a drama queen! We had a little husky tantrum yesterday before his last meal. All my husband asked for was a sit, and a down. And he sat with a loud whine/howl. And threw himself to the ground for the "down", also accompanied with a whine/howl. This was after almost 5mins of calling him to come to us!

I haven't noticed any extra attachment to us though. Although over the holidays, we had 2 weeks off, and his separation anxiety came back at full force! He does like to snuggle on the couch a lot more now though. I love it!

Jessica, we also have a new obsession with fetch! Gus also brings me all his toys when i get home! I'm not sure if his fixation with fetch is becoming an issue or not though. He seems more interested in playing fetch at the park than he is with interacting with other dogs. It used to be the opposite. And if someone else is playing fetch, it's so frustrating trying to get him to leave them alone!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize!   huskies - To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 2:45 pm

seattlesibe wrote:
Yes, although I'm stealing Red Link, just sayin'.

Noooo :(He's MY little jerk.

GeorginaMay wrote:

Natsu?? Are you getting another puppy?!  bounce  have I missed a thread somewhere??

No thread, the puppies aren't due until 2015 and I'd like to wait and make sure he's for sure mine before I make the official announcement. But I'm super excited, and as you can tell already named him Natsu Wink
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize!   huskies - To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 3:00 pm

TheBadGuppy wrote:
Gus is definitely a drama queen!  We had a little husky tantrum yesterday before his last meal.  All my husband asked for was a sit, and a down.  And he sat with a loud whine/howl.  And threw himself to the ground for the "down", also accompanied with a whine/howl.  This was after almost 5mins of calling him to come to us!

That is too funny! I have started making Dizzy sit before we go out the door and its like his brain just shuts off unless I have cheese. It goes like this:

Call Dizzy to the door, put leash on.

"Dizzy, sit."

Blank look, then jumps on door.

"Sit"

Feet shifting, whining/wooing, more jumping.

Me: shake my head (sign to Dizzy he's guessing wrong)

Pauses, looks at ceiling, looks at me, more wooing, shifting, jumping.

Shake my head again.

He reluctantly sits while still talking back.

Door opens.

Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
TheBadGuppy
Teenager
Teenager
TheBadGuppy

PostSubject: Re: To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize!   huskies - To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 5:05 pm

I've pretty much given up on the talking about. You can complain all you want, as long as you do what you're told haha. It's so hard not to laugh when they talk back. It's just too cute!
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize!   huskies - To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 5:24 pm

TheBadGuppy wrote:
I've pretty much given up on the talking about.  You can complain all you want, as long as you do what you're told haha.  It's so hard not to laugh when they talk back.  It's just too cute!

I agree the talking back cracks me up. It's like, "okay, i'm sitting, but I want you to know it's not because you asked. It's because I really wanna go outside. Jerk" It cracks me up too.

This thread has made me feel a little better. At least I know I'm not doing something wrong to create this nut.
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize!   huskies - To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 6:14 pm

Lol, I love reading through these posts. It also makes me feel better about Lycus finally calming down a bit. I think his teenager self is finally going away. Little by little but he definitely still yaps when I ask him to sit lol. Lycus had gotten REALLY mouthy during his main teenage phase and I wanted to choke him  lol! 
Back to top Go down
iceiceice
Newborn
Newborn
iceiceice

Male Join date : 2013-12-11

PostSubject: Re: To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize!   huskies - To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 6:25 pm

You know....reading these posts I feel like I don't even own a husky haha. All Ice does all day is sleep. Only time he gets up off the couch is when he needs to go to the bathroom or he needs to eat. I mean, he's only 4; which isn't even old!

He's one of the laziest dogs I've ever seen, I bought him one of those kong toys, gave it to him, he got a few treats out of it and was disinterested after. I even tried putting a little more enticing treats, he still won't bother. I throw a ball, he stares at my like I'm retarded; the look in his eyes, it's like he's saying "psh i ain't getting that, you go get it".
Back to top Go down
GeorginaMay
Teenager
Teenager
GeorginaMay

PostSubject: Re: To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize!   huskies - To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 3:55 am

Orion strikes again....
I am so embarrassed, this time it wasn't so much a teenage dirtbag moment but more of husky moment lol. Orion got himself kicked out of the groomers.
I took him along for a wash and blowdry for the end of his coat blow thinking it would be good for him to be handled by someone else. I had chatted to the lady, she had a few husky clients and loved them. I toodled along to drop him off, introduced him to her, she made a big fuss of him, he was lovely, all was well. She said to pick him up in about 3 hours so she would have a good chance to get everything done and maybe some time for a little play. 35 minutes later she rung me to come get him immediately.
Thinking the worst like he must be hurt etc I left work and raced over to pick up one very wet smiley dog.
He in all his husky happiness decided being groomed was so exciting that he would wooo at the top of his voice for the entire 35 minutes he was there! She said he just stood there, tail wagging all puffed up proud as can be making more noise than she thought a dog was capable of. Problem was in the grooming room they also have crates they hold doggies waiting to be picked up, that day there were 5. Of course he set them all off so the poor lady was in a confined area with 1 loud husky, 1 squealing mini poodle, 3 barking bichons and a howling doxie. All the dogs being held at the vets (the groomers is at the vet clinic) also lost their minds and joined in which of course scared the living daylights out of all the cats and the cafe next door complained due to the noise.

Mayhem Managed.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize!   huskies - To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 9:48 am

Lol! Oooooorioooooon Wooooooooo! It must have been a full moon or something and he got the whole gang going. Wink
Back to top Go down
TheBadGuppy
Teenager
Teenager
TheBadGuppy

PostSubject: Re: To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize!   huskies - To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 11:50 am

AAH you just described my worst grooming nightmare! It's why I have never had Gus professionally groomed before! Except in my nightmare, I also picture him getting everyone wet, and lots of splashing. I get the "he sang us a song all day" from the vet sometimes too...

Adorable that he was so proud of himself though hahaha. It's hard not to laugh when you show up because they look at you like they're saying, "OH! FINALLY! You heard me calling for you! Let's get outta here. These people are crazy."
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize!   huskies - To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 12:25 pm

Hahaha. Oh I can just imagine that scene playing out in my head perfectly. So funny and cute. Glad he was a good boy though and was just SO HAPPY about the whole thing.

siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

PostSubject: Re: To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize!   huskies - To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 2:27 pm

That is hilarious. I've got to say, I love the Orion stories! He always seem to put on quite the show!
Back to top Go down
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

PostSubject: Re: To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize!   huskies - To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 2:56 pm

I can not compete with Orion stories at all. But you do make me feel much better about my teenage husky. Very funny story. Thanks for sharing. Smile
Back to top Go down
GeorginaMay
Teenager
Teenager
GeorginaMay

PostSubject: Re: To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize!   huskies - To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 8:06 pm

Ha I'm glad you all enjoy a giggle at my boys antics apparently I am in for a lifetime of them... I was speaking to the breeder who has his sister the other day and when I told her about the groomers she thought it was hilarious! She then mentioned what various people that have been involved with Orions line of breeding call the "Chippie effect"
Orion's grand sire on his dams side was Melandar Chips Forever aka Chippie. Now Orion is a spitting image of Chippie, no joke it is ridiculously creepy but it turns out he not only looks like him but got all of the rest of his traits too. Chippie kids are singled out in the show ring by three discerning features that Chippie had and passed on, 1. Physical attribute - Chippie had a stunning coat, good angle, bone etc all and all he was a show dog, 2. He was loud and proud - if he was at a show apparently the next town over would know about it, 3. He was obnoxious lol often described as having plenty of "character" jokingly called feral. It is normal for a Chippie descendant to have one of the characteristics... I however landed the trifector and got one with all three!

To be honest I'm glad some of his awfulness isn't my fault but I never realized I didn't stand a chance at all lol
I've got to admit though, while he is a pain in the ass sometimes he is a hell of a good time and I spend a lot more time laughing at him than I probably should... Smile love my boy
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize!   huskies - To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 8:43 pm

I think we all laugh at our pups silliness. That's what makes them huskies, they have big personalities! The 3 attributes remind me of the 3 stars on Orion's Belt. Smile
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize!   huskies - To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 1:52 am

That's too funny. I can just picture that happening. Very Happy

Just the other evening Diablo went into my purse and stole my chapstick...ran outside. Once I got that back from him, I put it back in my purse and zipped my purse. I thought that would take care of it. Nope. 5 minutes later he's carrying my purse out through the doggie door!  huskies - To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize! - Page 2 1625187496 Luckily got that back too without any damage. Nothing...absolutely nothing is safe with this guy! lol 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize!   huskies - To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

To all of you with teenage huskies... I sympathize!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2