It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 10:23 pm

Yeah he tried to chew on my computer cord not too long ago, hopefully his urge to chew on everything will die down in a few months. Although fortunately my bed is like 9-10 years old so it's not like it's in the best condition. However I do plan on keeping it and other things intact, so that means it's bitter apple spray time. >:3
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 10:26 pm

Sheba ate under my box spring too!!! It was only....4 years old I believe?? I was soooo pissed when I had realized what she had done, but I didn't realize it until she had months of damage. Those puppy teeth, I tell ya.

He's tooo ADORBS!! Have fun with that little cutie!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 12:05 pm

So basically we've got ninja dogs? Cooooool. xD

Also he ears started standing up all the way today, he officially has my permission to stop growing now. Razz
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 12:19 pm

AMB wrote:

Also he ears started standing up all the way today, he officially has my permission to stop growing now. Razz
My fiance said the same thing. She didnt want koda to get any bigger when he was a pup... But i was also lile grow faster!!! Even though they grow so fast!! I always wanted a big dog and i couldnt wait for him to be full grown lol!! But the puppy phase was sooo fun. Just remember dont get to frustrated. That was something i always had to remind myself. Sounds like your doing a great job though!
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 12:22 pm

Yeah it'll be nice to walk him on the trails when he grows up, although he's nice and small now. So far he hasn't done anything too frustrating... Yet... Razz
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 8:31 pm

AMB wrote:
Oh poop. I'm only going to let him under there supervised now, especially since he chews on everything. o_o

Peanut Butter is my new best friend, I froze some in a Kong and Yukon has been occupied by it for several minutes now, he also finally ate a couple of his peanut butter treats and seems to like them. Peanut butter is also a staple food in my diet so it works out perfectly. Twisted Evil 
Like furbaby dad, like furbaby!

Adorable pics. The one where he's looking at the homework is funny. It looks like he's really looking at a problem and scratching his head like, "Now, how should I approach this?"

More, more, more pics, please! Smile
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 8:45 pm

AMB wrote:

Pics or it never happened.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 9:45 pm

capellalayla wrote:

AMB wrote:
Oh poop. I'm only going to let him under there supervised now, especially since he chews on everything. o_o

Peanut Butter is my new best friend, I froze some in a Kong and Yukon has been occupied by it for several minutes now, he also finally ate a couple of his peanut butter treats and seems to like them. Peanut butter is also a staple food in my diet so it works out perfectly. Twisted Evil 
Like furbaby dad, like furbaby!

Adorable pics. The one where he's looking at the homework is funny. It looks like he's really looking at a problem and scratching his head like, "Now, how should I approach this?"

More, more, more pics, please! Smile
Yes he is quite scholarly, he's an expert in Foodgabra and Playology. Although I never really thought of myself as a "dad" a title like "team leader" is what I had in mind... :s

seattlesibe wrote:

AMB wrote:

Pics or it never happened.  
Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 Orly1

What? You wanted a picture so I gave you a picture! Unless of course you meant these pictures. Razz

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 559903_1409962035905131_902377273_n

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 HiYukon1_zps7a858d1c

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 HiYukon2_zpse125d3dd

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 Inyourface_zps543344ff

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 Kong1_zps6fc6da99

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 Kong2_zps70c00ba3

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 Kong3_zpsc73f0192

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 Whatsup_zps59379dc5

All of the noise and blurriness clearly proves that I'm a professional photographer. Razz

Last edited by AMB on Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 9:50 pm

Yes we meant those pictures - those incredibly adorable 8 week old furball pictures!!
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 10:03 pm

He's soooo fluffy -- and he loves his Kong!

I love the "team leader" name. Great idea! My husband refuses to be called Layla's "dad" or "daddy" too. He'd rather Layla just know him as "Darren," haha. Me, I could be "Liz" or "mom," doesn't matter. Smile
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 10:11 pm

It must be a guy thing... xD

Anyways yes, he is very fluffy and loves his kongs. I stuff the baby one with peanut butter and leave the normal one empty as a chew toy. One day when I have my own car I'll have to drive up with Yukon to meet Layla and Caoimhe, better start saving up now. >:] (or I could just borrow the parents car for a day trip after getting my licenses... :o )
Back to top Go down
Ashley&Kaia
Puppy
Puppy
Ashley&Kaia

Female Join date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 10:49 pm

Awww it looks like his nose is a little heart!!! He's so adorable and I'm soooo jealous, talk about puppy fever...I have it all the time!!
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 6:04 pm

I never noticed it until now but you're right, they are kind of shaped like a heart... O-o

Anyways here are some more pictures!

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 001_zpsae8bca69

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 002_zps7fbceb09

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 003_zps92c2083a

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 004_zps52d697a8

Yeah those images were flash tests... But here are some pictures that I almost submitted for the HOTM thread:

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 006_zpsa9799283

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 007_zps53c5f467

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 010_zps7bebf75e
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 7:06 pm

Ahh, I think he grew since yesterday!

Also, I'd totally vote for the first pic you submitted for HOTM. Hope you and Yukon get it!
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 7:23 pm

Thanks, the actual picture I submitted was similar to the first one, although I thought it was slightly better. Also I think you're right, all the sleep must be affecting him. O-o
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 7:28 pm

That picture you submitted is seriously cuteness overload...

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 12:17 am

Haha thanks! Although there are certainly some really good photos this month so it's going to be hard to pick someone to vote for. Razz
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 12:03 pm

So Yukon went to the vet yesterday, he weighs 11 pounds and they were very happy with how he was doing. The only problem they founds was that he had worms, so I'm getting medicine for that today. They also said he could start socializing with other dogs now; he already got his first vaccination against Parvo and other nasty things on Sunday so they said he would be good to go. Obviously I'm not going to overdo it, but I can start parading him around the neighborhood and go over to friend's houses with him to start the socialization process. Although I probably wont do puppy classes for awhile... >_>

More pictures will be coming soon!
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 12:27 pm

Sorry to hear about the worms! The medicine should work to kill what's in his system now and prevent new worms from coming in.

He may have his first set of three shots against parvo, distemper, etc., but I would still carry him in areas where there is high dog traffic (parks, Petco, high-traffic streets, etc.) just in case, at least until he has his second shot in four weeks. And it's totally fine to let him play with dogs you know are up to date on their shots, but take it slow. Do it at his own pace. Having some friends over to play with Yukon is a great idea. Just take it slow at first and see how he feels about it, but he will be more comfortable if he is meeting people on his own turf at first. As the weeks go by he will be more confident and you can take him around town. It's amazing how quick people are to approach you when you have a puppy! If Yukon's anything like Layla, he will be great with all kinds of people. Layla LOVES people, all shapes, sizes, colors, etc.

Just remember, take it at his own pace, take baby steps and make sure each experience is a positive one for him. I would recommend a puppy class eventually, if only so Yukon can meet other puppies his size to play with and share positive experiences. Some classes also teach you helpful training techniques like how to safely meet other dogs while on walks, recall, dealing with food guarding and other puppy basics. In fact, Layla just graduated from her four-week class this morning! I wouldn't wait too-too long, though, as the socialization window for dogs closes between 12 to 16 weeks. They can (and will) still learn and have positive experiences but the time where they learn and retain the most from their socialization experiences is from birth up until 12 to 16 weeks.
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 12:40 pm

Yeah, I can't tell you how many people stopped to say "Oh, what a cute dog you have!" I lost count at 6 or something like that. I don't have to worry about high dog traffic areas though, the closet dog park is an hour away, high traffic roads are non existent unless I want to walk for a long time (too long to walk for an 8 week old puppy) and the population size of our town is like 800, so pet stores are also nowhere to be found. The only dogs he'd be introduced to at this time are probably our neighbor's dogs if they don't mind (One had a Lab and a GSD, the other one has a Lab and something else, and the third ones have another Husky) and a friend's or two. It's kind of nice to live in the middle of nowhere. xD

I will want to do puppy classes eventually, it's just that these vet visits are going to have me slightly low on funds for a few weeks so I wont have $100+ for classes until December-ish... Although it's great to hear that Layla graduated today!
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 12:59 pm

That's awesome there are so many neighbors that Yukon can play with! Our neighbors on either side of us have two dogs each but we're kind of new to the area and everyone kind of keeps to themselves so we haven't had the chance to meet them yet. Sad Our road is relatively busy and we don't have a sidewalk on our side, so we've had to take it very slow with even getting Layla to go down to the end of the driveway. We're still not at the point yet where she will willingly cross the street; as soon as a car goes by she freaks out and runs TOWARD the traffic ... It's pretty frustrating but we're working on it little by little.

There are some classes out there that aren't so expensive; we paid $60 for Layla's class, and I think we got a lot out of it. If anything it's great just to have a place to go to each week for an hour to meet other puppies and give Layla some positive experiences. But since you have some great opportunities right at home, that's awesome, too!
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 2:13 pm

Yeah our neighbors aren't too social either, but we all know each other pretty well at the same time... xD

Busy streets sound horrible and the fact that Layla will run towards the cars is frustrating indeed. Yukon will kind of just stare at cars through the trees when they pass by, although he's never seen one pass him up close before. $60 classes would be awesome actually, I might be able to afford them sooner rather than later if they're that cheap, so I should probably look into it then. Razz
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 11:53 pm

Apologies for there not being many pictures, I accidentally left my camera battery charging for several days and missed out on Yukon turning 2 months old. But to compensate here's some 9 week old pictures.

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 00111

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 00210

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 00310

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 00410

I didn't exercise him enough today, as a result he's been really jump and banged into a wall. He limped for about 15 minutes and then was back to normal and ran around again like it never happened. Crazy puppy. Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 12:02 am

OMG his little face looks just like Arrow! He's adorable. I want to meet him so bad and cuddle him!

Funny story about banging into walls: We had one of our sliding glass doors replaced a few weeks ago and the new one has a screen on it where the old one didn't. First time I slid the glass door open to let Layla out she tried to charge out and ran into the screen, haha! It happened a couple times before she figured out it was there.

Don't sweat if you don't feel like you exercise Yukon enough at this point. I sometimes feel we don't give Layla enough exercise but you shouldn't be running or walking puppies this young too much yet until their bodies are developed more. Free play and running around indoors and outside on the soft grass for 15 to 20 minutes at a time a few times a day is all they really need at this stage. Even training and working their minds can tire them out and is a great form of "exercise" for young pups.

Love the pics! Looks like Yukon's doing awesome!
Back to top Go down
NovasHuman
Teenager
Teenager
NovasHuman

Female Join date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 12:42 pm

Just precious, he looks like a sweetheart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next