It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

yukon - Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   yukon - Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:46 pm

capellalayla wrote:
OMG his little face looks just like Arrow! He's adorable. I want to meet him so bad and cuddle him!

Funny story about banging into walls: We had one of our sliding glass doors replaced a few weeks ago and the new one has a screen on it where the old one didn't. First time I slid the glass door open to let Layla out she tried to charge out and ran into the screen, haha! It happened a couple times before she figured out it was there.

Don't sweat if you don't feel like you exercise Yukon enough at this point. I sometimes feel we don't give Layla enough exercise but you shouldn't be running or walking puppies this young too much yet until their bodies are developed more. Free play and running around indoors and outside on the soft grass for 15 to 20 minutes at a time a few times a day is all they really need at this stage. Even training and working their minds can tire them out and is a great form of "exercise" for young pups.

Love the pics! Looks like Yukon's doing awesome!
That's a really funny story about screens, I knew they were evil! Razz

Yeah I've been trying to keep his exercise down to 10 minutes at a time in our backyard. Although he has soooooo much extra energy, it makes me want to run him for a couple Kilometers instead of just laps around our house, but he's too young right now. >:c

Although I'm glad to hear that you think he looks like Arrow, she's super awesome and I was hoping he'd turn out like her. Very Happy

NovasHuman wrote:
Just precious, he looks like a sweetheart
Thanks! He's fun to have around. xD

Last edited by AMB on Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

yukon - Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   yukon - Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:48 pm

So I might be a bit on the slow side on this one, but does Yukon = UConn?
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   yukon - Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:50 pm

Pretty much. We're going to kick Jonathan out of business. (Uconn is only about 12 miles away. So yeah I named my puppy after my dream school...) Razz
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   yukon - Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:53 pm

AMB wrote:
Pretty much. We're going to kick Jonathan out of business. (Uconn is only about 12 miles away. So yeah I named my puppy after my dream school...) Razz
That's pretty awesome and really clever. Plus, he's adorable!
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   yukon - Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:58 pm

Ah, thanks for pointing out about Yukon/UConn. I just got it, too. Yeah, I'm a little slow on the uptake. Razz

And I totally agree about wanting so bad to run puppies longer than they should be. I have to hold myself back from just going out for a jog with Layla. I take her to a baseball field at a park down the street from us now and we practice sledding commands for 10 to 15 minutes at a time (on leash) and that usually tires her out for a while. I'm happy to report she has "hike" down really well now, haha! Yesterday I tried walking her just a little bit down the sidewalk by the park since the road is less busy. Two cars went by and she still cowered/laid down when they went by and I had to drag her to keep going, but I'm hoping with more practice I can desensitize her to walking on the sidewalk with traffic going by ... the good part is that there are always people either at the park or on the sidewalk near the park, so she gets to make lots of new friends all the time!

Hugs to Yukon! Smile
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   yukon - Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 2:07 pm

Also, he should be the mascot, since the logo is a b&w husky, the mascot should be too!
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   yukon - Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 2:23 pm

capellalayla wrote:
Ah, thanks for pointing out about Yukon/UConn. I just got it, too. Yeah, I'm a little slow on the uptake. Razz

And I totally agree about wanting so bad to run puppies longer than they should be. I have to hold myself back from just going out for a jog with Layla. I take her to a baseball field at a park down the street from us now and we practice sledding commands for 10 to 15 minutes at a time (on leash) and that usually tires her out for a while. I'm happy to report she has "hike" down really well now, haha! Yesterday I tried walking her just a little bit down the sidewalk by the park since the road is less busy. Two cars went by and she still cowered/laid down when they went by and I had to drag her to keep going, but I'm hoping with more practice I can desensitize her to walking on the sidewalk with traffic going by ... the good part is that there are always people either at the park or on the sidewalk near the park, so she gets to make lots of new friends all the time!

Hugs to Yukon! Smile
Yay for Layla learning commands! Although I feel your pain about having to drag them on the leash. It's the main reason why I don't take Yukon down to the river very often. I'd literally have to drag him down there because he wants to eat all the rocks and acorns in the woods on our way there, then continue dragging him once we get there so he doesn't jump in the (super cold, too deep for a puppy) water; and I don't really want to pull on his collar that much as I'm afraid that I might choke him or something. Neutral

wpskier222 wrote:
Also, he should be the mascot, since the logo is a b&w husky, the mascot should be too!
Agreed, now I just need to get all the students thinking the same thing and we're good. A new logo should = a new Husky. xP
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   yukon - Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 3:43 pm

Ahh, Layla eats everything in sight, too! I can't take her out in the yard for very long because she will eat literally everything: dirt, sand, rotted wood, rocks, sticks, twigs, leaves, poop, etc. Every two seconds I'm pulling something out of her mouth. It's so annoying! Someone please tell me it will diminish with age! pale 
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   yukon - Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 3:55 pm

capellalayla wrote:
Ahh, Layla eats everything in sight, too! I can't take her out in the yard for very long because she will eat literally everything: dirt, sand, rotted wood, rocks, sticks, twigs, leaves, poop, etc. Every two seconds I'm pulling something out of her mouth. It's so annoying! Someone please tell me it will diminish with age! pale 
Sort of. Dizzy still picks stuff up, but his 'off' command is pretty solid and he'll drop almost anything. Also, you'll get better at heading them off at the pass. Lol. He has a particular variety of leaf that he enjoys and munches away on them quite often. He always picks out one specific kind.

Edit - So, I became curious what this leaf is, and googled it. It turns out it's ginkgo. My dog is making himself smarter! Suspect 
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   yukon - Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 6:10 pm

Interesting, I didn't know that Huskies were picky leaf eaters. Razz

Anyways I had to give Yukon a bath today (the vet said I should after his first round of worm medications) and this was the result.

yukon - Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 3 00112

yukon - Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 3 00211

He looks so sad when he's wet. :c
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   yukon - Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 6:27 pm

Awhh so sad and SO ADORABLE! <3 wanna snuggle him.
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   yukon - Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 6:45 pm

BAHAHA he looks like he turned into a Scottie or some type of little terrier. So cute!

We shot a video of the first time we gave Layla a bath and she's just standing in the bathtub looking like she dropped five pounds. She looked so sad too! Overall, though, I don't think she had a bad experience. I hope Yukon enjoyed his bath!
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   yukon - Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 12:33 am

Well we gave him a bath a few days before (he rolled around in some fish oil ._. ) and that was overall a neutral experience. Although this time I gave him the bath by myself without any help, bad idea. He started crying after I wouldn't let him jump out of the tub and got me all wet. Also even though the water was warm I think he might've been cold...

I need to give him another bath in roughly 3 weeks after his next round of medicine, too many baths in such a short time if you ask me. O-o
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   yukon - Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 1:26 am

That is a bit odd. Yuki had roundworms as a pup, the vet never said anything about needing baths to me. I'm not too sure on it myself though.
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   yukon - Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 1:25 pm

Well my dad talked to the vet last Saturday, and he said that they said that some of it might get stuck to his rear-side when he poops, and that's why he needs a bath... :/
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   yukon - Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 2:33 pm

AMB wrote:
Well my dad talked to the vet last Saturday, and he said that they said that some of it might get stuck to his rear-side when he poops, and that's why he needs a bath... :/
That's what baby wipes or a hose to the rear are for, no need for a full bath. I've never heard of a dog or pup needing a bath after being given a wormer. Suspect 

Even when my former dog, Glory, had tapeworms galore coming out of her butt and stuck all over her butt fur I just used a baby wipe to clean her back end and thoroughly washed all her blankets and bedding and drying them in the dryer to kill off anything that may have survived the washer.

Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   yukon - Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 4:14 pm

Aha... Maybe I'll try that then. I don't want to give Yukon another bath if I don't have to. :/
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   yukon - Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 4:18 pm

Not to mention it's probably an equally tedious experience for him, haha. I second (or third?) the use of baby wipes. Kind of odd that a vet would have you give him a whole bath when it's really just one area of his body that's affected. scratch 
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   yukon - Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 4:21 pm

I'm not even sure if the vet suggested a complete bath anymore, my dad woke me up in the morning to tell me what they said (a bad time to tell me anything ._. ) so maybe I just heard him wrong. Kind of like when you're playing a game of telephone... Razz
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   yukon - Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 1:09 pm

Aidan, how are Yukon's worms? Guess what? I took Layla out to potty this morning and found roundworms. Sad I immediately called the vet and took over a stool sample. Luckily the roundworms were all that they found! It's odd because we had JUST given her Iverhart Max last night (for roundworms, tapeworms, heartworm, etc.). The vet gave us a dewormer in liquid form in syringes that we have to give her orally once a week for three weeks. Good thing she likes the taste! We gave her the first dose this morning.

Is this similar to what you are doing with Yukon? What type of worms does he have?

Hope both our pups get cleared up soon!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   yukon - Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 1:49 pm

I wonder if puppies are able to have DE... I know for my pups I use it as a natural dewormer, but since they're such a young age I suppose I'd be wary to use it. Just a heads up for when they're older though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   yukon - Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 1:51 pm

capellalayla wrote:
It's odd because we had JUST given her Iverhart Max last night (for roundworms, tapeworms, heartworm, etc.).
Also just to say, its pretty normal that she'd show the worms after getting a worm preventative since they act like a dewormer. So it was the iverhart doing its job Very Happy Although obviously you had to go back because it was only getting rid of what it could and not everything in her system.
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   yukon - Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 2:02 pm

Mobezilla wrote:
I wonder if puppies are able to have DE... I know for my pups I use it as a natural dewormer, but since they're such a young age I suppose I'd be wary to use it. Just a heads up for when they're older though Very Happy
Good idea! I'll look into it.

I figured that the pill was partly to do with why I found worms this morning. We had given her Iverhart last month too but I have a feeling we didn't give it to her properly because she wouldn't swallow it and it kind of disintegrated a little. This time I put some Red Barn around the pill and she had no problems taking it! Good to know for the future ...

Anyway, didn't mean to hijack this thread. Just thought I'd mention it here because Yukon seems to have the same issue!
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   yukon - Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 2:07 pm

Ah I haven't seen Yukon poop out any worms for about a week now. When we originally took him to the vet they found that he had Roundworms and Giardia (I'm actually not sure about that one, I think that's what they said though...) Anyways they gave me ten packs of Panacur; I have to mix in one pack of the powder with his food for five days, then wait two weeks and repeat the process. The waiting period is to let any worms that haven't already been killed migrate into his intestine since the medicine will only kill worms in that area of the body. (I know, it's super gross Razz) I read on the papers they gave me that worms normally get pooped out after you give them the medications, so yeah it was doing it's job like Megan said. I'm going to get another stool sample done the next time we go to the vet to see if he's clear of those pesky worms.

I hope Layla is okay though! (forcing them to take pills stinks, my dad showed me how to do it but it feels like I'm torturing him or something T-T )
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   yukon - Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 2:38 pm

That's how I found out when Mishka had worms. He pooped out a ton of them after I gave him his Trifexis. It was so gross. Lol. I need to try the DE though.

That picture of him after the bath is so cute. Lol.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   yukon - Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next