It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Questions about those red huskies.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

huskies - Questions about those red huskies. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions about those red huskies.   huskies - Questions about those red huskies. - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 7:40 pm

Sheba&Kennedy wrote:
she will literally pull my Standard Poodle into the other room while growling at her to try to get her to play with her

Not gonna lie, that's pretty crazy lmao.
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Female Join date : 2013-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Questions about those red huskies.   huskies - Questions about those red huskies. - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 8:21 pm

I only have a red husky, I have different breeds in the house, so, it is hard for me to compare her to other huskies. But yes.... Yes she is crazy. She only claims down twice a day around 2:00pm and then around 8:00pm. The rest of the day it is balls to the wall and I have to put her in "time out" to claim her down (this is after miles of walking too, it doesn't help) But I thought it was a husky thing...

To help I put her in the backyard and just let her run and dig in my flowers.. Its a lot better than inside of the house.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Questions about those red huskies.   huskies - Questions about those red huskies. - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 9:04 pm

Sheba&Kennedy wrote:
My black and white is bat shit crazy. Completely, bat shit crazy bitch. She's like the energizer bunny, especially lately. Has these insane zoomies where she will jump 4-5 feet in the air, will go into my bedroom and tear the newly made bed up all the while growling at herself; she will sit in front of the other two and chew on their legs and grab their noses and just plain harass them; she will literally pull my Standard Poodle into the other room while growling at her to try to get her to play with her, she will sit in the middle of the room and start her "crazy howl" as I call it..

Lol! That sounds like Kay except for the jumping and tearing up of the bed. xD
Back to top Go down
Bane
Puppy
Puppy
Bane

Female Join date : 2013-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Questions about those red huskies.   huskies - Questions about those red huskies. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 1:52 am

Sheba&Kennedy wrote:
My black and white is bat shit crazy. Completely, bat shit crazy bitch. She's like the energizer bunny, especially lately. Has these insane zoomies where she will jump 4-5 feet in the air, will go into my bedroom and tear the newly made bed up all the while growling at herself; she will sit in front of the other two and chew on their legs and grab their noses and just plain harass them; she will literally pull my Standard Poodle into the other room while growling at her to try to get her to play with her, she will sit in the middle of the room and start her "crazy howl" as I call it.

Just had to throw my black and white girl into the mix of the crazies.

I was quite literally laughing out loud at this. Our two destroy our bed when its made; I've gotten to the point I gave up on making it. They also like to "drive by" and grab each other's legs, and continue running as the other one hops along behind them. But, Willow is definitely the moodier of the two, and lately its been really bad where she's been placed in time out. >.>
Back to top Go down
capblossoms
Teenager
Teenager
capblossoms

Female Join date : 2011-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Questions about those red huskies.   huskies - Questions about those red huskies. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 5:16 am

My red, Kaiser, is the most sane of ours. He's pretty lazy actually, and a wicked cuddlebug. He will bury his head in my lap and just stand there for up to 20 minutes or so, as long as I'm petting him.Dante, our bi eyed black and white......now that's an evil mastermind.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Questions about those red huskies.   huskies - Questions about those red huskies. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 10:04 am

I have two reds one light and one copper.. My light red the bitch is crazy nothing more said.. The copper is a bit more laid back he does his crazy things.. At the dog meet ups I decide that I have the Crazy ones while everyone else's seem more sane,
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Questions about those red huskies.   huskies - Questions about those red huskies. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 10:25 am

Sheba&Kennedy wrote:
My black and white is bat shit crazy. Completely, bat shit crazy bitch. She's like the energizer bunny, especially lately. Has these insane zoomies where she will jump 4-5 feet in the air, will go into my bedroom and tear the newly made bed up all the while growling at herself; she will sit in front of the other two and chew on their legs and grab their noses and just plain harass them; she will literally pull my Standard Poodle into the other room while growling at her to try to get her to play with her, she will sit in the middle of the room and start her "crazy howl" as I call it.

I haven't had a red, but my black and white girl was like this too. You know that meme of the husky saying, "so you ran a marathon? how heavy was the sled?" That was Tasha, even at 15 years old she would constantly harass my parents golden to play. When she was in her prime, I ran 6 miles every single day with her. We'd get home, she'd be chill for like 20 min, and then was in my face ready for something else. My theory is that the girls are sweet cute little puppies until they hit the teen years and then they become crazy bitches and just stay there. Whereas the boys are obnoxious until they hit the teen years and then they mellow out. I've noticed with Dizzy that the older he gets the nicer and less like a wild animal he is.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Questions about those red huskies.   huskies - Questions about those red huskies. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 1:35 pm

Sheba&Kennedy wrote:

O M G you just described ASIA!!! She does this all! The growling to herself while tearing up the bed, the dragging Kody into the other room by his neck when he doesn't want to get up to play, the biting at his legs and nose to harrass him, the insane zoomies and jumping 4ft in the air...ALL OF THAT! LMAO!!! This is great..lol
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Questions about those red huskies.   huskies - Questions about those red huskies. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 2:09 pm

Rodeo is a trip. He's crazy. I love it Smile

For what it's worth my red merle and red tri Aussies are also nutty. Lol

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Rigbyjek
Puppy
Puppy
Rigbyjek

PostSubject: Re: Questions about those red huskies.   huskies - Questions about those red huskies. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 7:52 pm

A friend of mine once had 5 huskies in various colors- she said her red was "the devil child" haha always into things, always getting into trouble. I have a light red and white (pictured) and he sounds just like Claudia's dogs. He just turned four and I've had him since 8 months- but he's always been a very mellow dog. I guess I lucked out Smile lol
Back to top Go down
liamdav6
Newborn
Newborn
liamdav6

Male Join date : 2012-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Questions about those red huskies.   huskies - Questions about those red huskies. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 9:07 pm

There was an experiment - in Russia I think - on foxes. They took alot of foxes and bred only least aggressive or scared ones - though they still weren't social. Over 5 generations the foxes changed temperament acting like dogs in a way (friendly). The most interesting thing about this experiment though was that the coat colour changed to a much lighter colour (silver I think). The foxes also changed slightly in structure as well... I haven't dug anymore into it but that experiment suggested a strong correlation between temperament and coat colour. Of course foxes aren't dogs and the fact they're already social means you can't really compare it...unless there are studies done that prove otherwise....but yeah...interesting fact of coat colours.
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Questions about those red huskies.   huskies - Questions about those red huskies. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 10:43 pm

LOL I'm glad you all enjoy my Sheba Wink..maybe someone would be willing to babysit her  Twisted Evil you'd love her I promise Very Happy.

The growling at herself is what usually gets me. She will be in the dark room, all by herself..and then I'll hear her talking and then growling at herself. Weirdo.

LOL Jen, I think I agree. Ares was SUCH an easy dog compared to Sheba, and he was only about 3 months earlier. So much calmer, more lovey, mellow.... and then there was Sheba Wink.

And Melissa, I'm glad someone else feels my pain with my pain in the ass. I love her, but I want to strangle the CRAP out of her sometimes. Like right now, she has been sulking because she got in trouble yesterday so I haven't let her play in the snow today. She is standing on the back of the cuddler with her face shoved in the crack of the door crying and whining her heart out. I tell her to stop, and she turns and stares at me, slowly turns back to the door and goes right back at it. Been going on for a good 40 minutes. These dogs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Questions about those red huskies.   huskies - Questions about those red huskies. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 10:47 pm

Sheba&Kennedy wrote:
LOL Jen, I think I agree. Ares was SUCH an easy dog compared to Sheba, and he was only about 3 months earlier. So much calmer, more lovey, mellow.... and then there was Sheba Wink.

Now I'm really scared of Sheba. Ares was a nut. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Questions about those red huskies.   huskies - Questions about those red huskies. - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 12:31 am

Mobezilla wrote:

Sheba&Kennedy wrote:

Now I'm really scared of Sheba. Ares was a nut. Razz

AHAHAHAHA!!! I guess I should say "most of the time" he was calmer. His zoomies and crazy times were NEVER near as bad as Sheba; even when she was a puppy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Questions about those red huskies.   huskies - Questions about those red huskies. - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 1:23 am

Anna is crazy, bat shit crazy. But my sister's husky, who is red as well, is super calm and mellow. I tell my sister she was meant to be a Golden retriever. Anna runs around the house like a crazy nut all the time, she never stops. My mom thinks she's hilarious because she is so crazy. It doesn't help that Sahara, the cat, helps to instigate things.

I have met multiple other huskies, black and white, and they were all completely calm. It was like they didn't have a care in the world, while Anna is just a bouncy, stubborn nut. She drives me crazy but I love her.
Back to top Go down
Playing with the Big Dogs
Adult
Adult

Female Join date : 2013-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Questions about those red huskies.   huskies - Questions about those red huskies. - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 1:30 am

I am really enjoying hearing about everyone's dogs personalities. My dog is pretty mellow unless we are visiting my mom. Then she is crazy jumping on the bed running laps around the house. But I think that's just cause she likes her Nana pink. I really love these red dogs they sound really special. Thank you so much for all your responses.
Back to top Go down
http://playingwiththebigdogs.blogspot.com/
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Questions about those red huskies.   huskies - Questions about those red huskies. - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 10:17 am

Elise, my dog goes bonkers when he sees either of my parents too. He absolutely adores them. If he spends any time at their house being watched or whatever, he acts all depressed for a couple days after he comes home. Makes me feel bad that he loves them more than us...hahaha.
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Questions about those red huskies.   huskies - Questions about those red huskies. - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 10:38 am

Anna does the same. Except when they come see us and then leave she stands at the window for hours crying.
Back to top Go down
Adult
Adult

Female Join date : 2013-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Questions about those red huskies.   huskies - Questions about those red huskies. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 9:58 pm

Looks like my pick is most likely going to be a little red pup! I wonder if I will have red dog stories soon too.
Back to top Go down
http://playingwiththebigdogs.blogspot.com/
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Questions about those red huskies.   huskies - Questions about those red huskies. - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 10:10 am

Awesome! Can't wait to hear those crazy stories -- and see lots of cute pics! We plan to eventually add a red pup to our pack, so like a lot of folks I want to know what I'll be getting into in a few years, haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about those red huskies.   huskies - Questions about those red huskies. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions about those red huskies.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2