It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Which harness would you recommend ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
patiki
Newborn
Newborn
patiki

Female Join date : 2013-12-14

Which harness would you recommend ?? Empty
PostSubject: Which harness would you recommend ??   Which harness would you recommend ?? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 1:49 am

Bought one, its great, Kira isnt bothered by it,  made by Kong, bought it for half price kind of in the moment thing, so no idea if there are much better ones out there.

Which harness would you recommend ?? PPETS-10460461t300x300
Back to top Go down
Javier77
Newborn
Newborn
Javier77

Male Join date : 2013-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Which harness would you recommend ??   Which harness would you recommend ?? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 8:50 am

Hi. Alpine Outfitters is very popular around here http://www.alpineoutfitters.net/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=16 And their costumer service is very good too, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
TheBadGuppy
Teenager
Teenager
TheBadGuppy

Female Join date : 2013-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Which harness would you recommend ??   Which harness would you recommend ?? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 4:15 pm

The Easy Walk harness is great! It clips in the front and is a good no-pulling harness. My husky will still pull sometimes with it, but with some training too, it's a good one if you're looking for something like that.
Back to top Go down
seanbrunett
Teenager
Teenager
seanbrunett

Male Join date : 2013-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Which harness would you recommend ??   Which harness would you recommend ?? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 4:59 pm

We've had the Walk Your Dog With Love harness for a while and it has been great.

http://www.walkyourdogwithlove.com/
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Which harness would you recommend ??   Which harness would you recommend ?? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:01 pm

We have Alpine Outfitter X-Back harness for pulling/biking. LOVE them and highly recommend their products, they take a while but they're custom made and perfect!

We also use Ruffwear Webmasters for every day walking and I love those a lot also.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Which harness would you recommend ??   Which harness would you recommend ?? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 9:43 am

Patiki, you'll get better suggestions if we know what you want the harness for and whether you need it for training purposes. The Kong harness is a fine harness but there are so many good harnesses available to meet different needs. Granted, most of us also have a number of different harnesses for different occasions/uses. I have 3, one for daily walks around the neighborhood (a generic H style harness), a different one for trails/hiking (Ruffwear Omnijore harness), and another different one for working/pulling (custom Alpine X-back harness).

Puppy
Puppy
Ragdog

Female Join date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Which harness would you recommend ??   Which harness would you recommend ?? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 2:11 pm

my friend bought Julius K-9 harness
http://www.julius-k9.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=124&virtuemart_category_id=10
Which is really good, so she will make me hand-made copy of these ones, becouse she works at sewing company, where she gets these kind of tight materials, and i asked her to make red ones, for free Smile What a nice lady friend i have Very Happy well, she doesn't know, but for that harness, i made a portret of her dog Razz
Back to top Go down
DanielleCortez
Teenager
Teenager
DanielleCortez

Female Join date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Which harness would you recommend ??   Which harness would you recommend ?? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 4:00 pm

WALK YOUR DOG WITH LOVE! @walkyourdogwithlove.com

I swear by it. Kingsley was resistant to all front pull harnesses before this one. He walked like an angel from his first day and I LOVE IT I WANT A THOUSAND OF THEM.

I bought an extra thick version and I don't leave it on him during in house down time, otherwise he'll try to chew at it. But yes, I ADORE this harness for yard-frolicking time and walks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wesatonashoreline.wordpress.com
Ragdog
Puppy
Puppy
Ragdog

PostSubject: Re: Which harness would you recommend ??   Which harness would you recommend ?? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 4:13 pm

i wouldn't buy those harnesses for ANTI-pulling, because huskies are made to pull, so i wouldn't try breaking their nature, so i always go jogging with my dog for few minutes, than she isn't pulling much, and i'm happy, and she is happy.
Back to top Go down
patiki
Newborn
Newborn
patiki

Female Join date : 2013-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Which harness would you recommend ??   Which harness would you recommend ?? EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 6:23 pm

My mom is going to send me a harness from germany, its made by Julius K9 , http://www.original-k9.de/, and she told me that right now, almost every dog in Switzerland and Germany has one on.
And the price is totally acceptable

Which harness would you recommend ?? Dogs-award-for-julius-k9-900px_de
Back to top Go down
Ragdog
Puppy
Puppy
Ragdog

PostSubject: Re: Which harness would you recommend ??   Which harness would you recommend ?? EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 4:25 pm

yes, that is what my dear friend sewed for me, the same model just hand made. those are very nice harnesses
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Which harness would you recommend ??   Which harness would you recommend ?? EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 10:33 am

DanielleCortez wrote:
WALK YOUR DOG WITH LOVE! @walkyourdogwithlove.com

I swear by it. Kingsley was resistant to all front pull harnesses before this one. He walked like an angel from his first day and I LOVE IT I WANT A THOUSAND OF THEM.

I bought an extra thick version and I don't leave it on him during in house down time, otherwise he'll try to chew at it. But yes, I ADORE this harness for yard-frolicking time and walks.

Totally agree. I heard about it from other folks on the forum and ordered one for Layla. She's not too much of a puller to begin with but does pull hard sometimes, and the first time we tried the WYDWL it was a night-and-day difference. We use it for walks around town and in parks now for when I need more control and restraint from her.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Which harness would you recommend ??   Which harness would you recommend ?? EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 3:02 pm

If for walking, I second an anti-pulling harness. There is no harm in it, and the dogs CAN be trained to learn which harness is for which activity.

With my walking harness, the Walk Your Dog With Love, my dogs know not to pull and that we're going for a walk.

When their x-back harness goes on, they are jumping at the lines ready to go at the first hint of 'hike', knowing they're about to pull.

You're not 'breaking their nature' by using a front-clip harness, you're training them to walk when using one piece of equipment, and to pull when using another. It can be a collar, a harness, whatever.

The reason I personally prefer the front-clip because when my dogs bolt, their leash pulls them at the center of the chest, redirecting the pull safely for them.

If they are wearing a collar and they bolt, the pressure is on their neck when they hit the end of the leash and they are jolted by it.

If they are wearing a pulling harness and they bolt, I can get pulled off my feet and dragged down the street. When walking three dogs, that weigh 115 pounds altogether, you certainly don't want to walk them in pulling harness and have a squirrel run across your path, there's only so many 'on by's' they listen to. I save that for when I'm bikejoring and have brakes to help me out.

Since he is a puppy right now, sure julius k9 will be fine. But when he is older, and you will want him to walk at certain times, and pull at certain times, you will want two different harnesses or a collar and a harness, you do not want to use one harness to walk in and then run in that same harness later on as you will confuse him in what you're expecting from him, and he may try to run when you want him to walk which in turn frustrates you and him. Hope some of this helps ^.-
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Which harness would you recommend ??   Which harness would you recommend ?? EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 5:24 pm

Anti pull= easy walk harness
Mushing= Norkyn outfitters recrational harness. It's like a xback without the X
like so:
Which harness would you recommend ?? 16187010
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which harness would you recommend ??   Which harness would you recommend ?? Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1