It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Thought y'all were crazy...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JMS
Newborn
Newborn
JMS

Thought y'all were crazy... Empty
PostSubject: Thought y'all were crazy...   Thought y'all were crazy... EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 1:06 am

...but it's true. Once you have one husky, I guess you WILL want more. I NEVER thought we would have more than one dog (more hair???)...but we just applied to adopt a second from a local rescue this week Smile

One question on the application made all of us (kids included) laugh out loud: "Is everyone in the family aware of the importance of keeping doors and gates shut, given the Siberian Husky's propensity to escape and run away?" Uh, yes.

Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Female Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Thought y'all were crazy...   Thought y'all were crazy... EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 1:52 am

ha ha ha!!!! YES, they ARE addictive. I love my girls and even dealing with the puppy craziness of my little Journey I am still wondering how long I can hold out before I add a 3rd to my pack. I just love them!
Back to top Go down
tiffany
Teenager
Teenager

Female Join date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Thought y'all were crazy...   Thought y'all were crazy... EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 3:32 am

I think I am the odd one out...now. I love my boys and I wouldn't trade them for the world ( well most days lol) but I feel like I am missing out on other breeds that I am interested in because I used up all my dog slots so to say and can't/won't have any more until we are down to 1 or 2 and my dogs at the oldest is 7. I wish I would have put more thought into getting a different breed instead of being blinded by husky puppies lol
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Thought y'all were crazy...   Thought y'all were crazy... EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 10:28 am

Yep, a lot of us suffer from MDS: multiple dog syndrome. I've been bitten, too. We got our first Sibe pup in October and are now on the waiting list for a second, due to be born late next month. We plan on building a small recreational team anyway but I just couldn't wait any longer and the breeder we got Layla from planned this litter coming up so I figure it was meant to be the first time with Layla and it's meant to be with this one, too. Smile
Back to top Go down
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Thought y'all were crazy...   Thought y'all were crazy... EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 10:49 am

I agree with Tiffany, I love Loki, but will probably look towards other breeds whenever we are ready to get a new dog. I like the differences between my dogs with a lab, husky, and shepherd mix. My fiance' on the other hand I think will only be looking at huskies and possibly labs.
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Thought y'all were crazy...   Thought y'all were crazy... EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 10:51 am

Completely agree. We got one and we were like okay we are happy with this. then siku turned 4 months, and we were like okay one more and we would be fine with two. Now that I have two, I want three and I feel like if I got a third we would just keep going and going. The third is a long time away though because I need a house with a yard for that one.

Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Thought y'all were crazy...   Thought y'all were crazy... EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 1:19 pm

I don't own a second, but I am fostering my second. Trying to figure out the best match for Juneau. Fostering is an easy way to do it.

While you guys laugh at the obvious question, you wouldn't believe how many people don't know that. I volunteer for our local husky rescue and we get those questions all of the time. It's a shame. It's actually how a lot of them end up in shelters and stuff - from escaping the yard or a leash.

Thank you for applying to adopt! It's raining huskies here in Texas. Our rescue pulled at least 3-4 in the last few weeks.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Thought y'all were crazy...   Thought y'all were crazy... EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 1:30 pm

Ha! My boy is just about 11 months, and finally settling down a bit, although I don't expect that to last, I know he's not over the teen phase yet... Anyway, I'm planning for the second, hoping for around this time next year. We are hoping to buy a house this fall/winter, so I'm hoping that once we do that we can add a second. The hubby is not too keen on the idea, but well, if we have a house that's kind of end of story to me lol.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Thought y'all were crazy...   Thought y'all were crazy... EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 1:47 pm

congrats on trying to adopt your second! it only took us a month to add Jack!!!

Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Thought y'all were crazy...   Thought y'all were crazy... EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 2:18 pm

Jen - Your story makes me laugh about your hubby. My fiance' fell in love with Loki. Before we adopted him I showed him everything saying huskies need companion and I do go into office a few days a week, so he had to agree to us keeping 2 dogs once our seniors are gone. Now he wants a bigger house/garage/yard. I keep telling him a bigger yard means we should be able to keep 3-4 dogs permanently. We will see. After having 2 dogs or more for 12 years, I cannot really imagine just having one dog anymore.
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Thought y'all were crazy...   Thought y'all were crazy... EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 3:09 pm

wpskier222 wrote:
Ha! My boy is just about 11 months, and finally settling down a bit, although I don't expect that to last, I know he's not over the teen phase yet... Anyway, I'm planning for the second, hoping for around this time next year. We are hoping to buy a house this fall/winter, so I'm hoping that once we do that we can add a second. The hubby is not too keen on the idea, but well, if we have a house that's kind of end of story to me lol.

Congrats on the plans for a house! My hubby was totally against buying and would have been happy renting for the rest of his life, but he knew how important it was to me to be able to have a place to call our own and space to raise a child and dogs. I wouldn't be able to survive without those things, so he gave in. Plus, I'm sure he doesn't mind the two-car garage to engage in his hobby of working on cars and having a big partially finished basement to work on his vintage video-gaming and console-repair hobby. He had never had a dog before so he didn't really know what to expect with Layla. I think he's come around on both the house and dog fronts, though, and in the coming months we'll start planning for a new two-legged family member ...

The idea of getting a second dog in the next few months was mostly my idea that started out as an idea I just kicked around for fun and then became much more serious the more I thought about it. He's going along with me but still skeptical, though I'm sure once we're settled with the second in three or four months he'll come around again. Smile
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Thought y'all were crazy...   Thought y'all were crazy... EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 5:08 pm

I am addicted to malamutes. I like huskies always have but I don't know malamutes are my speed. Most of the things to huskies apply to malamutes. lol
Back to top Go down
histi
Teenager
Teenager
histi

Female Join date : 2013-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Thought y'all were crazy...   Thought y'all were crazy... EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 9:09 pm

I WANT A HUSKY RAINBOW...

So Keyto's my Black and white husky, digger is my 'grey' husky...NAH SCRATCH that... looks like he might go sable.... So if he goes sable then I still need to collect a grey husky, a red husky, and a white husky.... And unfortunately I need my neighbours permission to do this... all the surrounding properties.. 2 is the limit without permission.. Pisses me off. Shoulda bought a farmlet instead of a town house Sad
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Thought y'all were crazy...   Thought y'all were crazy... EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 9:17 pm

histi wrote:
I WANT A HUSKY RAINBOW...

We want our recreational sled team to be a husky rainbow, haha. We're working on it: Layla's our black and white. Our next, with luck, will be red and white, and we hope to rescue a gray and white in 2015 or '16. Yeah, I'm nuts. Razz
Back to top Go down
histi
Teenager
Teenager
histi

Female Join date : 2013-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Thought y'all were crazy...   Thought y'all were crazy... EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 1:42 am

Well, we are only as nuts as each other it seems Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Thought y'all were crazy...   Thought y'all were crazy... EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 2:37 am

I've thought about getting another husky dog several times over the last few months. However these pesky things called life and "still a kid" keep getting in my way. You know it's the usual; Parents, School (Aerospace Engineering is my calling! I think...) Money, no house, under Eighteen, thefactthatIcan'tclonemyselftodoeveverythingthattheworldexpectsmetodoina24hourtimeframe, etc. But yeah no one here is crazy, we're all just extremely enthusiastic or eager- oh wait... silent

On a more serious note though, congratulations on applying to get another Husky and I hope things work out for you guys!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thought y'all were crazy...   Thought y'all were crazy... Empty

Back to top Go down

Thought y'all were crazy...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1