It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17   MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 4:58 pm

With Sofie she had ear issues of no known source, as my vet said, and leaned towards allergies. I feed her a lamb based only, and a lamb, venison based foods and 0 problems. I read that it is in the processing of the kibble that is chicken inclusive that she can't have the kibble but is fine with home cooked. Personally, my Miya is 3.5 years old, and pearly whites, I swear by raw meaty bones, the little bit of meat and sinew really cleans them. I do take the bone away at a certain point, I trust Miya, but Sofie still has trouble chewing down bones, if they are too big, she swallows the bone, and a day later throws it up, oh glorious, haha, at least her body rejects them before hitting her intestines, which would result in a blockage, YIKES!!
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

PostSubject: Re: MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17   MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 5:10 pm

Ah okay awe glad she's better. Memphis had that ear infection once but never came back. So I figured it wasn't his food making him itch like this I have changed it like 3 times! Both dogs seem to be doing well on lamb. Yeah idk I am staying clear of chicken for now :p
I remember reading that marrow bones worked well for that, they have been chewing on these cow hooves (smell soooooo bad btw)
But they love them. I also do brush their teeth once a week. My friend recommend Argrisept-L to add in the water her dog has like new white teeth I was thinking of trying this.

Yikes is right, luckily no emergency vet trips
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17   MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 5:22 pm

Her ears weren't infected, that's why the vet figured allergies, Sofie kept itching, no smell, no gunk coming out, she kept shaking her head, so she had symptoms of an infection, but didn't have one. So I decided to stop kibble with chicken in it, and tada no more issues.

I also give antlers, and cow ears, but....it's the meat and sinew that does the trick, as Amy has mentioned in other threads before, meat and sinew is like flossing their teeth. I know there is threads here that discuss different ways, Val listed some products that she has used, so you may get more info that way. I try to stay on a natural approach, we are all different, but I do not think I could add anything in the water since both drink mainly from the tub faucet, and brushing, well, lol, I am glad you can, my two are not really receptive of me poking and prodding, they will let me check their teeth, etc, but to brush, haha, not gonna happen.
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17   MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 5:32 pm

Oh sorry I read that wrong. Well glad it worked out Memphis has some stank to him but the vet said cause his skin isn't where it should be and he producing more oils so he stinks. He said the more baths the better for his allergies but use a good quality shampoo so you don't dry out his skin

I have antlers and other beef bones but I'll have to look for what you mentioned. Hahah Yeah both dogs loove the pool water. I actually thought Memphis was allergic to the chemicals but nope. Vet said in socal there's just been a lot of allergens in the air and he said every dog that has come is had issues with itching and said unless I move to Idaho or we get some rain your not gonna see much improvement. .I don't want to move to Idaho and it's supposed to rain tomorrow lol phew

Lol oh trust me they don't like it but I just use my legs to hold them and brush brush brush!..have a cookie hahaha they forgive me
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

PostSubject: Re: MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17   MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 6:09 pm

Flying Miya!! Very Happy
I agree with @MiyasMomma about the purple looking dreamy.
Look at that fluff husky cloud haha
About stuff for teeth, I have always had elk antlers for Mylo and recently I have started to add "Plaque Off" powder to his breakfast. Mylo also has perfect teeth but I started noticing some buildup on his back top teeth. Unfortunately I never tried brushing his teeth and at this point I never will haha
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17   MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 6:34 pm

Lol yep she can fly Very Happy
Awe thank you, purple is just her color Wink
I remember reading a thread in here about that, I looked it up and it looked like good stuff everyone takes such good care of their huskys in here Smile
Lol its okay, brushing their teeth is trying to hold a wet fish on dry land
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17   MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 5:04 pm

MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 20160423

Waiting for this rain to go away...

Some things I wanted to mention last post.

When we were at the vet and he went to scans the dogs for their chips Miyas was on her chest..is this something I should be worried about? I have no idea how it moved to there.

Also, both of the dogs are on nutro limited ingredient diet. But Miya literally spits it out so I just ordered some victor dog food. I did research on this brand and it seems good and im Getting a 40 lb bag for the same price as the nutro that was a 30 lb bag. 10$ cheaper. Anyway I wanted to ask, if I add wet food to this, do you think this will be too much protien/fat ect?  
Food
In 23.0 %
Min 11.0 %
Max 4.0 %
Max 9.0 %
Min 150 mg/kg
Canned taste of the wild (wold Creek salmon stew)
Protien 8.5%
Fat 3.0%
Fiber 1.5%
Moisture 82.0%

Memphis had a pee accident in his crate last night I think it's his allergy pills. My problem is I cant control his water intake before bed because of the pool. & unless I stand out there every night with him or somehow put a fence around the pool.. Ugh  
How do you ppl with pools do it
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Miya update 2016   MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 11:06 am

Over due! here's a little collage of pics of Miya

MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 2016-014

MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 Photoe10

MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 2016-016
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17   MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 1:21 pm

Miya is so pretty Smile her coat looks amazing.

I like the squirrels pic, haha.
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17   MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 1:24 pm

Thank you!! All those eggs & oils are paying off Wink

She's pretty much obsessed with starring at the squirrels and they seem to enjoy teasing her lol
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17   MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 1:31 pm

Good job, her coat really does look amazing Smile

Hahaha, they probly tease her, aww, poor Miya. Mishka has become obsessed now with rabbits...obsessed! If I let her actually catch one, I can't imagine what it will be like after that.
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17   MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 1:37 pm

Thank you again haha Smile

No they really do, they hang on to the neighbors tree and swing their tails in circles and chirp and Miya goes bonkers lol. I can't imagine what Miya would do if she even saw a rabbit, lol I hope for the rabbits sake Mishka doesn't get ahold of one
lol she'll get a taste for rabbit blood Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

Female Join date : 2015-07-13

PostSubject: Re: MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17   MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 EmptyThu May 12, 2016 9:48 am

Aw Miss Miya! Such a cutie, I love how her mask gives her the illusion of arched eyebrows. Good thing she can't scale that brick wall...but then again, with the ambition that huskies have she might actually do it one day. Watch out squirrels!

I caught the tail end of the conversation about teeth brushing....I've tried brushing Red's teeth from the day we brought her home. I would always break out in a sweat whenever I did and that was because she was constantly wiggling around. She loves eating her doggie tooth paste but can't stand the brush. I have heard you can also use coconut oil as toothpaste since it has some antibacterial properties to it but I'm not sure how it fights against plaque in the long run.
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17   MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 EmptyThu May 12, 2016 11:15 am

Thank you Amanda!! I've never really noticed that haha. Miya hasn't figured out how to jump yet thankfully

Lol I have to hold her in between my legs and always reward her after for poking around her mouth. I've tried the coconut oil and it seems to work fine and it really good for theme I've tried it on myself its..different hah now Imy using an all natural toothpaste with no floride in it. I've been trying the bones and that seems to help get the light yellow plaque off in the back molars
So idk just experiment here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17   MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 EmptyThu May 12, 2016 2:49 pm

beautiful pics, squirrel pic it very funny.
i wanted to try the coconut oil toothpaste for their teeth but wasn't sure how well it worked and i did find a recipe for one using 1 cup coconut oil, 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/8 tsp dried parsley flakes and 1/2 tsp kelp i haven't found the kelp powder yet to make it.

Last edited by RedFlashFire05 on Thu May 12, 2016 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17   MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 EmptyThu May 12, 2016 2:53 pm

Thank you Ronin! Yeah it's quite comical watching her try and interact with the squirrel friends lol
it worked fine, no real complaints. I'll have to try that recipe.
I give both dogs kelp, I highly recommend organic Norwegian kelp Smile
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17   MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 EmptyThu May 12, 2016 3:09 pm

nice, i'll look for some and see if i can find a local shop around, or amazon.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17   MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 3:15 am

Hey Jane, love the pics of sweet Miya, she is so very lovely, and miss her pics!

The food question above, is fine, my breeder feeds Victors and he loves it. adding the can should be no issue. The fat does help in the coat department, so I personally feel a moderate amount of fat is fine, it also gets burned off from playing. Miya and Memphis look nice and lean, they way I like to see them, especially with the shorter coats they have, so I think you are good to go with that food combo. I will agree the bones do wonders for the back teeth, and coconut oil is just a wonder food, excellent to give. My two love coconut oil, lol.

I can't honestly pic a favorite pic, love them all.
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17   MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 1:25 pm

Thank you Renee Smile

Yeah so far this food seems great Smile I give them a can about twice a week and add other thing like liver and bones ect. During the week. The vet also made that comment of being lean but I can still see Memphis ribs so I've been trying to have him gain just a little bit of weight. He was 80lbs when he was weighed a month ago
Miya was at 40lbs I think much better Smile

Haha thanks, I've been bad with picture taking. I'll try to update more for you guys :p
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

Female Join date : 2015-07-13

PostSubject: Re: MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17   MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 EmptySat May 14, 2016 10:34 pm

I tried a kelp additive to Red's kibble which is supposed to stand in place of brushing but she hated it so much she'd refuse to eat it. She thinks the paste is a super special treat cause her butt bounces a mile a minute when I have her nestled between my legs and she gets this crazy look when I bring out the toothbrush. It's so funny up until she tries to squirm when start the brushing.
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17   MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 3:32 pm

Lol awe poor Red, I just sprinkle a little mixed in with some type of treat crushed up so they're more interested in eating the food seems to be working :p mine think the same thing until they realize it's minty flavored lol but they always get a treat afterwards for tolerating me lol
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17   MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 9:30 pm

MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 Photoe12

MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 20160510
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17   MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 9:35 pm

Oh it was just my fur Very Happy

MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 20160511
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

PostSubject: Re: MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17   MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 6:26 pm

That was a perfect segment there...oh it was just my fur haaa!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17   MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 6:28 pm

Haha yeah there's literally husky hair floating around in the house when she's around lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17   MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17 - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

MISS MIYA'S SCRAPBOOK 8•25•17

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 38 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 43  Next