It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Any experienced with Seizures?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Any experienced with Seizures? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any experienced with Seizures?   Any experienced with Seizures? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:48 pm

oh poor Kobey Sad i hope everything comes back ok.

sierra has been fine now, i think hers were in response to the dog park deal

Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Any experienced with Seizures?   Any experienced with Seizures? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:13 pm

Not to alarm you but Dakota passed exactly 11 months after his first seizure. It was not confirmed but all signs pointed to a brain tumor. Just make sure you discuss all types of seizures. Some posted an article about it not too long ago. I will see if I can find it.
Back to top Go down
Jess
Newborn
Newborn
Jess

Female Join date : 2010-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Any experienced with Seizures?   Any experienced with Seizures? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:56 pm

Wow, I'm an idiot. I only read the first page of this thread. I didn't even realize there were three pages. I'm so sorry to hear that Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Any experienced with Seizures?   Any experienced with Seizures? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 10:26 pm

http://www.dogseizures.net/

Check out this link. I found it very helpful. My regular vet never mentioned that Dakota could have a brain tumor. After reading this I started to wonder but then he passed less than a month later. Atleast it wasn't a shock when the emergency vet mentioned brain tumor to me. I do wish I had pursued the possibility before he passed. I really thought I was going to have several more years with him.
Back to top Go down
a0c1e3
Newborn
Newborn
a0c1e3

Female Join date : 2013-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Any experienced with Seizures?   Any experienced with Seizures? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 7:09 pm

My boyfriend called me at work this afternoon to tell me that Dee was having a seizure. He said she was laying on the bed and then got up and moved to the kitchen. She wouldnt lay down and he said it seemed like she was going to swallow her tongue. Can that happen? He tried to keep her calm but she kept growling at him. When I got home she was covered in bile and it was all over the bed and floor. She was a mess. He told me for a while she was definitely confused. By the time I got home (about 15 minutes later) she was starting to act normally again but was definitely scared. I took her outside and she just wanted to eat the snow. I gave her water which she drank all of immediately. I have read this post on seizures but no one has mentioned their husky throwing up or any bile of any kind. Does anyone have experience in this? She is a little over 2 years old, I adopted her about 6 months ago and this is the first time this has happened.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Any experienced with Seizures?   Any experienced with Seizures? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 7:46 pm

Sierra has thrown up during a seizure before, make sure Dee drinks enough water they will be thirsty after one. make sure to keep a log of when she has one and what she might have been doing. the last one with sierra we gave her natural honey on a spoon just after to help her come back to normal, they will take a day to really recover.

Newborn
Newborn
a0c1e3

PostSubject: Re: Any experienced with Seizures?   Any experienced with Seizures? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 8:01 pm

Thank you so much for the response! So scary especially since I wasn't there to help my girl! I will definitely track her behavior . Hopefully this doesnt happen again
Back to top Go down
a0c1e3
Newborn
Newborn
a0c1e3

PostSubject: Re: Any experienced with Seizures?   Any experienced with Seizures? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 9:49 pm

I just remembered I gave her her tick medication yesterday afternoon. It was her third dose of pet armour. After doing some research online, I have found instances of other dog owners reporting seizures in their dogs after application! Anyone else have this experience?
Back to top Go down
Decuervo
Puppy
Puppy
Decuervo

PostSubject: Re: Any experienced with Seizures?   Any experienced with Seizures? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 6:21 pm

I've read that omega 3 and omega 5 will up the "anti-seizure" quotient in dogs....will get confirmation with my vet soon. If it'll help keep them from happening then I'll start adding this to Anushka's diet. Hope all the other pups with seizures on the forum are doing well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any experienced with Seizures?   Any experienced with Seizures? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Any experienced with Seizures?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3