It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Grif's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Nopholom
Newborn
Newborn
Nopholom

Male Join date : 2014-10-30

Grif's Scrapbook - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 6:33 pm

He's been an absolute treat lately, really settling and now that he can go on walks he's a lot less manic in the house.

This was the aftermath of his first walk, he passed out for about an hour and a half, played for twenty minutes, then slept til I took him out again:

Grif's Scrapbook - Page 3 Wp_20111

We're going for two 10-20 min walks a day, he loves it, I gauge how long he can keep going by how he reacts to stopping for a little bit, I'm fully prepared to carry him home if needs be, but these first few days he's working out some serious pent up energy so he'll likely slow down a little bit and level out until he's ready for more. There's a park 2 minutes up hill and so far he loves it and likes bouncing around in the grass Smile

We've got a curtain in the living room to keep out the draft but he hasn't worked out what it's for yet

Grif's Scrapbook - Page 3 Wp_20112

He finally tore up the dead plant in a planter we have in the garden today, running into the living room and being chased back out immediately after:
Grif's Scrapbook - Page 3 10924110

Grif's Scrapbook - Page 3 10914810

Bit of oatmeal tropiclean in the washing up bowl cleaned that right off in a few seconds though (I tried wet wipes but the wipe went black and his paw remained as such, so I got the shampoo out) I saw oatmeal tropiclean recommended on here when I was researching and found it dead cheap in the pet section of a poundstretcher. See? Like nothing happened:

Grif's Scrapbook - Page 3 Wp_20110

Took this one an hour ago because I was settling him in so I could watch a show haha

Grif's Scrapbook - Page 3 Wp_20113

It blows my mind he's only been here 3 weeks, it feels like a lot longer, especially since he's literally doubled in size since we got him (well, since a few days before we got him, when he got weighed). I'll get a photo of him actually on his walk one of these days, I keep leaving my phone behind though haha.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 7:35 pm

It's amazing how fast they dig into your heart and wipe away any recollection of what life was like before them.

Newborn
Newborn
Nopholom

PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 3:39 pm

Been carried away by the flow of life with a puppy and guess what! It's snowed again!

Then (9 weeks):
Grif's Scrapbook - Page 3 131-210

Now (12.5 weeks):
Grif's Scrapbook - Page 3 Wp_20114

Here's a few different photos from when he started going on walks:

Grif's Scrapbook - Page 3 18510

Grif's Scrapbook - Page 3 19810

Sometimes on the grass he stops for a roll around, so far he's not rolled in anything untoward
Grif's Scrapbook - Page 3 21910

He had his first snow walk today but it was with my mum, unfortunately I was back at work for the first time after my puppy training holiday
Grif's Scrapbook - Page 3 Wp_20115

That's actually a puddle, it's a puddle that's there all year round, in fact, it's a puddle that's been there since we moved here 10 years ago, because our Scotties used to wallow in it, so far Grif just drinks from it when it's not frozen
Grif's Scrapbook - Page 3 Wp_20116

Few misc photos:
Sleepy puppy
Grif's Scrapbook - Page 3 20510

This was taken before the walk he rolled on the grass in, he decided to show us he didn't want to go on a walk, but he ended up enjoying himself and meeting a few new dogs anyway.
Grif's Scrapbook - Page 3 21010

He's finally figured out what the dirt in our garden is good for and is trying to uproot the washing line (good luck with that, it's cemented in) The great thing about our garden is he can only dig so far before he hits concrete, there's no diggable escape unless he's a super dog and can dig through 2 feet of dirt and the same amount of concrete. I go out and fill the holes after, so far he just likes that spot and the softer earth under the recycle wheelie bin.
Grif's Scrapbook - Page 3 22010

Because I tend to lie in bed using my laptop, I found a new way to figure out if Grif is still under the bed, snapping a photo, this is my favourite one yet!
Grif's Scrapbook - Page 3 23210

Gives new meaning to the term 'snow nose'
Grif's Scrapbook - Page 3 23310

He's turning out to be such a lovely pup, we had a slight dominance issue (mostly in the way he tried to get me in particular to play) but we're working on that and it's gotten SO much better, he's an absolute angel with my nephew now and will leave him alone when he's not in the mood for a puppy, and when he's left alone he gets the run of the kitchen and hallway (so about 40ft end to end and 5 ft side to side) and so far he's only destroyed the dog bed under the stairs and an insole from a slipper, so now we just remove all footwear from his go-to zone. Most of the time he'll just faff about for a bit and then sleep til we get home.

He wants to play now so he's whining in the doorway Razz
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Teenager
Teenager
caseysteffans

Female Join date : 2014-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 7:21 pm

Wow, he is growing fast! Is that a curtain he's hiding behind? I love the avatar picture!
Back to top Go down
Nopholom
Newborn
Newborn
Nopholom

PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 8:12 pm

Yeah we have a curtain for our front door because the draft gets through, he likes to lie on curtains, I think it's because when he first got here I'd usually have a blanket on my lap, so he'd lie on the edge that dangled on the floor.
And thank you! His smile is stunning! I like your pup's fluffy face Smile
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 12:24 am

He's cute's a button. Love your pics.

Just a note - probably should not be letting him drink from the puddle. Carries all sorts of invisible critters...
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 1:01 pm

I don't know how they sleep with their heads over or against some of the objects that they do. My girl always uses a cross bar under the coffee table as a pillow and it just looks so uncomfortable.

PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Grif's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3