It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Playdate with submissive female sibe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

Playdate with submissive female sibe Empty
PostSubject: Playdate with submissive female sibe   Playdate with submissive female sibe EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 3:43 pm

We met Loba, my neighbor's female Siberian husky, today. She's a gorgeous sibe, 5 years old which is the same age as my by Dakota. She's smaller than Dakota which is amazing, it's rare for us to meet female sibes who are actually smaller than our male...sad but true. She looks full sibe to me, only thing is her ears never stood up so they are flopped over which is kinda cute. We let them met in Loba's backyard, she was tied to the trampoline legs and only had about 3 ft of lead to move around on because it was so tangled around the trampoline. No

She snapped at Dakota quite a bit at first, not in a nice way at all but I'm hoping it's just because she felt uncomfortable since she had no room to run or back away being on such a short lead. She seemed to ease off a little after a while. She's very submissive and gave off all kinds of submissive moves and gestures to Dakota yet Dakota was hell bent on humping regardless. *sigh* I know it's purely dominance but when she's being totally submissive in every way possible why can't he just leave her alone? Today he was on a lead so I could pull him off but tomorrow they will be off lead in our backyard and I don't want it to go too far.

Another concern of mine is that Loba is so scared of me. Twice I tried to pet her and both times she pancaked and pee'd she was so scared. She was more comfortable with Dakota than she was with me. Sad

Maybe I'm making something out of nothing but her fear and submissiveness have me worried about how their playdate will go tomorrow. Should I just go with the flow or is there something that I should pay particular attention to tomorrow that I haven't thought of? She's just so nervous and submissive and my sibe is so outgoing and up-in-your-face-take-charge-ish. Thoughts? Btw, they are coming to our house so this will not be neutral territory, it'll be new for Loba but it's Dakota's home turf. It's not Dakota I'm worried about so much as it is Loba. Should I have Dakota on lead at first so Loba can have a chance to explore the yard before letting them both play?

Oh and of course I will do my best to get pics for you folks. Wink Fingers crossed everything goes off without a hitch.

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Playdate with submissive female sibe   Playdate with submissive female sibe EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 9:06 pm

Anybody, please? That's what I get for asking on a Friday afternoon. tongue Well, here's hoping all goes well tomorrow morning. *fingers crossed*

Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Playdate with submissive female sibe   Playdate with submissive female sibe EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 9:58 pm

How about having Dakota tired out a bit before she arrives? My dogs tend to be much more "out of your face" when they're a bit tired. I'd have her smell out the yard and get a little more comfortable and then bring Dakota out on a lead just to keep his humpy butt under control Very Happy Would write more but am literally walking out the door!

Good luck!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Playdate with submissive female sibe   Playdate with submissive female sibe EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 10:07 pm

Thanks Kristina. I do plan to walk and run Dakota before she gets here but I know my sibe and that will barely make a dent. I'd already run him in the yard twice and taken him on a long walk before we met Loba this morning and he was still as crazy as ever. He's almost impossible to tire! Razz

I will also let Loba wander the yard before bringing Dakota out and when I do bring Dakota out I will keep him on a lead until Loba seems to be comfortable enough, if we make it that far.

Thanks to some advice on the other forum I will also ignore Loba and let her approach me (if she wants to) and will also have treats on me to see if that helps at all.

I will definitely post an update on how it goes and what, if anything, works. Smile

Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Playdate with submissive female sibe   Playdate with submissive female sibe EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 11:49 am

Try Walking Them togther @ 1st.. Then Meet n Greet Time ?!~ Maybe ~?
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Playdate with submissive female sibe   Playdate with submissive female sibe EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 4:05 pm

Thanks. I forgot to update this thread. Saturday morning I got a call from Loba's owner canceling on me. She supposedly had to take her adult son to the doctor and said we'd have to reschedule. After a few phone conversations with her and all the drama she's bringing along I'm about ready to give up on getting her dog and mine together. I will just leave it alone and if she decides to call me and bring Loba over then fine, we'll go from there but I'm not going to get involved any more. Things are just a little fishy with them for my comfort. Neutral Anybody else in Charleston with a husky looking for a playdate? Razz

PostSubject: Re: Playdate with submissive female sibe   Playdate with submissive female sibe Empty

Back to top Go down

Playdate with submissive female sibe

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1