It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Sasha off lead in the desert

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

Sasha off lead in the desert Empty
PostSubject: Sasha off lead in the desert   Sasha off lead in the desert EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 10:29 am

Not the best video ... sorry

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Sasha off lead in the desert   Sasha off lead in the desert EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 10:43 am

Listed as private. I signed in and it still didn't want to show it. Crying or Very sad

Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Sasha off lead in the desert   Sasha off lead in the desert EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 11:16 am

Don't see it, shows as public to me b...

Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Sasha off lead in the desert   Sasha off lead in the desert EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 12:14 pm

I see it now. Perhaps had to reset something after signing in. Strange. She seems very comfortable out there. Ever have issues with snakes on your off leash adventures? lol. Love the cat at the end. Big yawn.

Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Sasha off lead in the desert   Sasha off lead in the desert EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 12:42 pm

Glad you can see it, I have no idea why you couldn't earlier, but then I seldom do anything on YouTube except watch movies.

If Sasha weren't so positively responsive when we go out and generally checking to see where I am, she'd not be off lead at all. As it is she (normally) comes when I call and seldom gets out of site for more than a few seconds.

I've lived out here for almost 5 years now and have had one snake who decided to visit, couldn't do anything with him - he was laying on some rocks and my water tanks were right behind him (her / it) and I'm not putting a hole in my water tanks for nothing! As far as seeing any out when we're walking, nope, they're as shy of us as we are of them.

The silly cat came to visit a few months ago and has decided to stay; he goes with us every time we go out walking so figured I'd get him in the picture.

Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Sasha off lead in the desert   Sasha off lead in the desert EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 12:49 pm

With age Kenzi is getting better and I think will be alright off lead in the woods someday. She doesn't check back like Sasha does but she comes when called very well. We have a lot of snakes, though most aren't poisonous, and she has a bad habit of pouncing on anything that moves.

Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

Female Join date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Sasha off lead in the desert   Sasha off lead in the desert EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 2:05 pm

Kitty steals the show! What an attention whore!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Sasha off lead in the desert   Sasha off lead in the desert EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 7:53 pm

Sasha is beautiful! Kitty looks very comfortable with you guys Smile seems very peaceful where you live.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Sasha off lead in the desert   Sasha off lead in the desert EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 1:26 am

Al, Loved the video of Sasha and kitty, good times. Thanks for sharing, need to update a wee more often though, haha.......Sasha has such pretty markings, can't wait for your next vid of Avalanche(hint hint).
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Sasha off lead in the desert   Sasha off lead in the desert EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 4:40 pm

Sasha sounds like Jack, wonder, wonder, wonder, hey where did you go, comes and checks, and repeat!
So is that your "backyard" since kitty was there or just a walk from your house? I don't trust Jack but above tree line, guess your desert is like tree line!

Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Sasha off lead in the desert   Sasha off lead in the desert EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 9:08 pm

I live on 10 acres out of a section that has nothing else on it so I guess you could say that's my back yard. Normally we head off in one direction, cover about a quarter section in our wanders before we head back.

Sasha is real good - most of the time - about not wandering too far away from me. Kitty will follow if we're not walking too fast for his short legs ... he has to announce where he is all the time, so when I realize he's trailing a good ways back I'll slow down for him.

Back to top Go down
Dimka Petlin
Puppy
Puppy
Dimka Petlin

Male Join date : 2015-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Sasha off lead in the desert   Sasha off lead in the desert EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 4:42 pm

plz use another camera
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Sasha off lead in the desert   Sasha off lead in the desert EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 8:18 pm

I use what I have; if you'd like to provide a better one, I'd be happy to use it ....

Back to top Go down
Dimka Petlin
Puppy
Puppy
Dimka Petlin

Male Join date : 2015-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Sasha off lead in the desert   Sasha off lead in the desert EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 12:40 am

No No...I also need a better cam 4 sure
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sasha off lead in the desert   Sasha off lead in the desert Empty

Back to top Go down

Sasha off lead in the desert

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1