It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Results (and rant) from today's vet visit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

Results (and rant) from today's vet visit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results (and rant) from today's vet visit   Results (and rant) from today's vet visit - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 1:56 pm

No one was attacking you Smile Just reasserting that you don't want to do it, that's all! You asked if it was healthy, there's your answer Smile

Results (and rant) from today's vet visit - Page 2 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Results (and rant) from today's vet visit   Results (and rant) from today's vet visit - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 2:14 pm

Yes, no personal attack intended. This forum is all about Q&A and education. It's often hard to tell intent or impact of written text. Appologies if the replies seemed harsh.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
Rhet
Puppy
Puppy
Rhet

Male Join date : 2011-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Results (and rant) from today's vet visit   Results (and rant) from today's vet visit - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 10:28 pm

I agree, never go to that vet again, maybe you can check here for a good vet;

http://healthypet.com/

I've always had good experiences at AAHA vets, hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Results (and rant) from today's vet visit   Results (and rant) from today's vet visit - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 10:52 pm

Rhet wrote:
I agree, never go to that vet again, maybe you can check here for a good vet;

http://healthypet.com/

I've always had good experiences at AAHA vets, hope this helps.

Thanks, I'll check that out. I think I've seen commercials for AAHA vets on TV before but never checked on it.

And just an update, I called this afternoon and should get the results of their bloodwork on Monday. Smile

Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Results (and rant) from today's vet visit   Results (and rant) from today's vet visit - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 11:06 pm

Both my vets (my last one and my current) are on there! Score Smile

Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Results (and rant) from today's vet visit   Results (and rant) from today's vet visit - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 11:58 pm

So next time you drive all the way back to go to the vet in Orlando, let me know! You can spend the night here if you'd like. We have an extra room. I want to check out that vet sometime. Maybe when Elara needs her rabies soon I'll go there and get them both checked out.

Results (and rant) from today's vet visit - Page 2 Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Results (and rant) from today's vet visit   Results (and rant) from today's vet visit - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 4:40 pm

I checked the AAHA accredited list, closest one to me is a good 30 miles away. Sad

My old holistic vet in Orlando is not on the list yet she is by far the best vet I've ever been to, hands down. Neutral Hard to go by that list now since apparently there are excellent vets out there not on the list. I will seriously try to go to my old vet in Orlando if I can manage it but if I just can't work it out or we have an emergency I'll try a different local vet. I found another one I might try that's about 10 miles away from our house, not AAHA accredited but I won't know how good (or bad) they are without trying them out. But that will only be my alternative if I can't manage to get them to Orlando. You know my old holistic vet has to be good when I make this much effort to stick with her! lol

Thanks for the offer Sara! I have two different family members that live in the Orlando area, one lives in Ocoee and the other lives in Winter Garden so we can always visit them when we come down to FL. If we didn't have family I'd take you up on that offer. Maybe one of these days we can meet up when I come down to Orlando, never seems to work out does it? I'll let you know next time we go to FL.

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Results (and rant) from today's vet visit   Results (and rant) from today's vet visit - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:27 pm

Just a quick little update. The vet put the bloodwork results in the mail today for me so hopefully I'll have them in my hot little hands soon to review them personally. But they said that all the levels for both Dakota and Faith are within the normal range. Everything looks good!

Now I'm just waiting to get my copy. Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Results (and rant) from today's vet visit   Results (and rant) from today's vet visit - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 8:31 pm

Val, I really admire you for being so respectful and not tearing that guy a new hole- because I know I would have FLIPPED out. He may as well have told you to feed Pedigree because feeding euthanized animals accompanied by tons of fillers is a nutritional wonder. Goodness!

And having a husky in AZ, I see so many shaved sibes and it kills me- these 3 come to my work to get shaved regardless of the fact our groomer says they shouldn't be (but she isn't allowed to refuse). They even have their tails shaved like rats. And they get it done when it gets up to 120 here.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Results (and rant) from today's vet visit   Results (and rant) from today's vet visit - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 4:08 pm

I'm quite non-confrontational so it's not too hard for me. Smile

Got their blood panel results in the mail today! Very Happy

Dakota's results:
Results (and rant) from today's vet visit - Page 2 2011Dakotabloodpanel

Faith's results:
Results (and rant) from today's vet visit - Page 2 2011Faithbloodwork

What would cause Faith's platelet count to be a little high?

Dakota's ALT is slightly low, I know if it's high it can indicate possible liver issue but what if it's low?

Comments? Anything that stands out or something that I should consider changing about their diet based on their bloodwork?

Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Results (and rant) from today's vet visit   Results (and rant) from today's vet visit - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 4:21 pm

If I knew what any of that meant I would comment... it looks like science. I don't do science. LOL. Glad you got results that make you happy though! Smile

Back to top Go down
Rhet
Puppy
Puppy
Rhet

PostSubject: Re: Results (and rant) from today's vet visit   Results (and rant) from today's vet visit - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 4:40 pm

My vet's lab uses 10-100 U/L for ALT, the range varies depending on the lab, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

As for Faith, I remember she had some bruising where they drew blood, does she always bruise easily? Does she have any other symptoms of anemia? I don't remember much about high platelet counts other than it was associated with anemia and thrombocytosis (sp? very high levels for this one).
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Results (and rant) from today's vet visit   Results (and rant) from today's vet visit - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 5:44 pm

No she's never ever bruised before this incident but they did stick her at least 4 times in the neck area looking for blood, my baby's not a pin-cushion! No

I had my friend, a human nurse who is also my raw feeding mentor, look at the results for me since she's well versed in this stuff and she said everything looks perfect and that the levels that are slightly low and high for each of them is not anything to be concerned over. She also told me about a site that explains all the values in layman's terms.

Here's the site she shared with me that is extremely helpful in reading their blood panels:
Broadway Veterinary Hospital / Laboratory Assessment Descriptions

That site helps a ton, I'll have to save that one for future reference. Smile

Puppy
Puppy
Rhet

PostSubject: Re: Results (and rant) from today's vet visit   Results (and rant) from today's vet visit - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 6:07 pm

What a cool resource, thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Results (and rant) from today's vet visit   Results (and rant) from today's vet visit - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Results (and rant) from today's vet visit

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2