It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Red's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 3:26 pm

Amanda, Miya used to have horse friends down the road, so whenever horses are on tv she watches them. When I played the video this AM, Miya could care less, and Sofie was like "where's the doggy mom?" haha
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 1:26 am

lol, too funny. love her voices and when she runs away only to come back for another round.
Leo dose that when he plays with his pig ears or a small tomato haha.
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

Female Join date : 2015-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 12:22 pm

@Renee, very cute...horse friends! lol! At least Sofie knows what an actual dog sounds like hahh
@Ronin, a small tomato??? I have got to see a video of that!

In some models of the newer refrigerators, there is a shallow deli drawer. In that deli drawer, there is a removable divider. I had removed that divider from our fridge the other day to clean out the drawer and it seems that Red's latest thing to be afraid of is that divider. Yes, she runs away if I wave it in front of her only to run towards it again barking in fear/curiosity. My dog is nuts. Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 1625187496
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 7:31 pm

Has anyone else enjoyed the gift of a sprained ankle from their pup? pale

I'm changing her name to Diva.Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 Img_2010
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 10:40 pm

What a pretty pic! She looks awesome!

Kohdi broke my moms collar bone and a friend of mines wrist but nope, no sprain ankle ;p
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 1:13 am

Thanks Jimmy. First time I've seen her hold up her wrist like that.

Oh noo! I hope that didn't deter your mom and friend from ever wanting contact with sweet Kohdi again. We only want to love them but these pups have got to stop beating us up. I actually didn't tell my mom that Red was the reason for my swollen egg sized sprained ankle or else I would have gotten the "I told you so" speech. I finally get to return to work tomrrow. When Red was about 6 months, she sent my husband flying off the porch stairs because she decided to jump off the last 2 steps rather than walk off. His knuckles ended up punching the pavement. Not a happy camper.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 1:46 am

Red is almost a year old....how exciting....Pretty pic Amanda. And hurt, lol, let's see.....my husband asked me during the summer to start wearing pants in town since Miya bruises me up while butt bumping me, haha, he was afraid someone would think it was him. And during the snow we had, I was texting the husband and the girls were playing, and charged into me and I face planted, Sofie thought it was great and thought I was on all fours to play with them and jumped on my back, luckily didn't hurt myself, since I layer as if I am the Michelin man.....They just get too excited, haha. Glad you're doing better, I've learned to brace myself, hold solid to the ground and hope for the best, hahahahahahaha...
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 2:00 am

Yikes, sorry about your ankle Sad

No, not at all, both love Kohdi to death. with my mom, Kohdi was very young, she wanted to walk him and they walked. At one point Kohdi saw a huge area of grass and he wanted on it, caught my mom off guard and she had his leash wrapped around her wrist so when he pulled, she went down...but Kohdi didnt stop there Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 1625187496 he then proceeded to run around my mom in circles, thus spinning her around and around on the grass like that wheel people spin around on gameshows. With my friend, she wanted to hold onto Kohdi (again, very young...before Mishka even) and her husband was backing out of the garage, he stopped to say he wished he had his camera to take a pic of them, but Kohdi musta understood "hey, wanna go for a ride" cuz he leaped forward into the air, my friend had his leash wrapped around her wrist just like my mom did, she went forward with him and stumbled, and went down, landing on her wrist...im in a panic cuz now Kohdi was loose and running towards the guys Jaguar, which is now parked half in the driveway and half in the street and cars were coming, and my friend is on the ground mumbling something about "I think its broken", but Kohdi did come right away when I called him...looking down at my friend on the way with a "hey, what are you doing down there" look on his face. <sighs> even very young, these huskies are very strong! Kohdi's nickname was "bonecrusher" (sick humor on my part) Embarassed
Back to top Go down
whitehusky3
Teenager
Teenager
whitehusky3

Female Join date : 2016-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 11:43 am

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your sprained ankle. I hope it's healing okay!

Red is beautiful, and I love her voice in the video. It's funny watching her yowling at the balloons, and the ending! lol!

My dog's name was Redd too for the first week I had him. Once I got to know him, it was changed to Suka, though.
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 3:03 pm

@Renee, yup almost 1! I'm going to attempt to bake her a cake or something if she behaves and doesn't try to pull me over again. And I can't imagine having Sofie right on your back with you down like that! That is a sight to see for sure Wink I'm glad you made it out unscathed but I bet your pups had a whole bunch of fun at your expense.

@ Jimmy...wow! I think the spin the wheel was on Jeopardy. Your poor mother! That really sounds like something out of a movie. Kohdi must've had some brut strength to be able to spin your mom around like that. Pups + Moving Vehicles = Certain Panic! I know that feeling all too well. I guess if they're not going to be "bonecrushers" then they may as well be "heartpoppers" as in heart attacks!

@Jessie, thanks! The ankle is much better but not well enough to tap dance yet! Not like I have that kind of talent anyway afro That would've been funny, Red and Redd. My husband and I kept saying that we could've thought of better names for her but Red just kind of stuck with her from the first day we got her. She was going bonkers with my crutches this week too...she's found another thing she is fascinated with yet crazy afraid of. I have heard that dogs go through stages where they are afraid of things they never thought to fear.

I like her Diva pic so much that I'm going to change that to my new avatar..hehe
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 11:15 pm

i remember thoughs days, with bruises on my arms from his tantrums and mouthiness, *sigh* Suspect had to ware long leaves  Laughing , so no one would think that some one gave them to me and lots of my clothes had holes were is baby teeth would get stuck  Laughing  Suspect .
thank goodness that's finally ended bounce sunny .
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 11:32 pm

Ronin, I feel for you! Those tantrums and mouthiness are the worst. Red has smacked me in the mouth with her paw twice so far and I've gotten a bloody lip or a scrape both times. And those weren't even tantrums. She just wanted to play. I don't think they realize how strong they are. I don't play with Red in my work clothing and reserve all my frumpy sweats for that instead. It's safe to say that she hasn't put holes in my clothing yet but she did chew up my husband's ball cap. I heard him from the other room saying over and over " oh thank you Red...just thank you....Red thank you so ooo much." I had no idea why he kept thanking her till he walked over with his cap. ..lolol
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 12:17 am

Amanda, my mom only weighs like 95lbs, she's spins pretty easily, lol. i know its very sad it happened to her, but when I visualize the whole thing, I laugh Embarassed I know I shouldn't but, <sighs> I just do. just the visual though! Everything else I really feel bad for her Sad it happened on a pretty busy intersection so she was determined not to let Kohdi go, I love her for that. Broken collar bones are no joke, they're extremely painful.
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 4:02 pm

95 lbs or not, she's one tough cookie! I didn't want to put it out there but since you already said it then I have to admit that visualizing the incident is quite funny. All in all though, I'm glad it wasn't more serious than the collarbone even though the pain must have been immense!
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 12:11 pm

Recently got this girl a new toy to hide her treats in. Took her a good 45 mins to figure it out the first time. This is her second time now and she cheated so bad! She's supposed to remove all 4 orange caps to reveal treats under them. Then she's supposed to spin the blue top to reveal 4 more cavities that hold treats. But she removes a cap, eats the treat under the cap and then sticks her tongue further in and digs out the next treat hidden under the blue spinny part!

Here's she's being either a tank or a lazy slug.
Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 20160211Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 20160212
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Teenager
Teenager
caseysteffans

Female Join date : 2014-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 9:14 pm

That is a cool toy! Her sleeping pictures are adorable!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 9:37 pm

Cute video Smile

Sleeping pics Red looks extremely comfortable, hahaha. She's a pretty little girl
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 11:02 pm

Thanks!
I fell asleep on the couch with her last night and at some point she rolled over belly side up and legs spread....then she started kicking me in the leg....what a brat!! She wouldn't stop till I rubbed her belly. She loves having her inner thighs rubbed/scratched though. ..strange dog.
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 1:57 pm

Reddy in lazy slug mode in a big comfy pillow Smile
Cool video, I've been curious about letting Mylo try out something like that but I haven't gotten to it yet lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 2:07 pm

Sleepy Red pics, too cute. Love the toy video, apparently who ever designed the toy does not own a husky, lol.
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 2:30 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCvY4feiX2Y/
Not Red related but I just saw this on Instagram and it's so ooo cute!

That was a cheap toy that I bought on a whim...I've been avoiding the hard plastic toys cause she tends to chew them up and cut up her gums. But I figured this one was ok since it's not supposed to be a chew toy anyway.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 11:50 pm

cool toy i was thinking of get one. she looks so comfy on the couch with her pillow reminds me of Joey lol he dose that too.
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Red turns 1!   Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 3:50 pm

Happy Birthday Red! She turns 1 today but we celebrated yesterday.

Here she is waiting patiently for her cake.
Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 20160312
Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 20160313

Nom nom nom........
Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 20160315
Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 20160316

Here she shows off her presents. She even has a bit of frosting on her lips in this first pic.
Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 20160318
Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 20160319

Now after she's had her cake and presents, she seems to still have room for some beef trachea on the couch and somehow ends up the floor when I returned to the room a few minutes later.
Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 20160320
Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 20160321
Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 20160322

And..now she's finally pooped. All it took was 2 hrs of running at the doggy park with a pomeranian mix, followed by cake, presents and some smelly beef chew. Ah! It's good to be 1! I didn't even know she had her tongue out a bit in the last photo...now I know she was truly tired!
Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 20160327
Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 20160328
Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 20160330
Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 20160329
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Red turns 1!   Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 4:02 pm

Just mute this. I didn't realize how horrible my singing was till after I watched this video.

She was way too tired from her running around at the dog park just 1 hr prior to this. She was so lazy that she made no effort to swat her tiara off and only laid there to graze on her cake. I made a bunch of mini cakes so that I didn't have to mess with cutting them up for her throughout the week.

Didn't realize how much she would love the peanut butter and Greek yogurt frosting I added afterwards.Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 20160331
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 4:18 pm

And here are the last set of pics for today.
I acquired a 1986 Polaroid Spectra2 camera along with pack of film that expired in 2004 all for free! I tested out some pics on Red and she just looks like a creepy ghost dog.
Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 20160334
Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 20160335
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Red's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next