It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

New Puppy and How He Will Change

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Geosmama
Newborn
Newborn

New Puppy and How He Will Change Empty
PostSubject: New Puppy and How He Will Change   New Puppy and How He Will Change EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 12:55 pm

We found our second puppy! We are excited to bring him home in February (my Valentine's Day gift!).

I would love to see your pups of a similar look and see how they changed! He is so handsome and will be an amazing companion to my grey female.

New Puppy and How He Will Change Image12

Last edited by Geosmama on Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Inserting picture)
Back to top Go down
jmscott
Puppy
Puppy
jmscott

PostSubject: Re: New Puppy and How He Will Change   New Puppy and How He Will Change EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 3:20 pm

He seems very young to have had the breeder already evaluated him. Make sure both his parents are listed in the OFA!

Here is how my red bitch changed from five weeks to a yearling.

New Puppy and How He Will Change 11079355_10153183498655726_7074986825125036384_o
Back to top Go down
Geosmama
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: New Puppy and How He Will Change   New Puppy and How He Will Change EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 3:41 pm

He has not been evaluated but both of his parents have. We have a transferable deposit if something came up wrong but we do hope that everything is fine. Smile
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: New Puppy and How He Will Change   New Puppy and How He Will Change EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 3:46 pm

Geosmama wrote:
He has not been evaluated but both of his parents have. We have a transferable deposit if something came up wrong but we do hope that everything is fine. Smile

Can you flip your signature - the photo is upside down.

Huh confused Looks like you're trying - a new pic...but sideways. Reminds me of me the first few times I tried posting lol!
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: New Puppy and How He Will Change   New Puppy and How He Will Change EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 6:00 pm

What Jaimie is saying is a responsible breeder usually waits until 8 weeks to structurally evaluate each puppy, make their keep selection and sort the puppies in order of structural correctness so if they have conformation or performance homes on the waiting list they have the option of the puppy that would best suit their goals- companions selected after that. Also it is very important to the future health of this puppy that you have seen and cross referenced Hip and Eye clearances of the parents through OFA (offa.org)-
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Puppy and How He Will Change   New Puppy and How He Will Change Empty

Back to top Go down

New Puppy and How He Will Change

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1