It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

The Desert Pack

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

The Desert Pack - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 15 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 8:11 pm

@TwisterII I'm not sure about a back pack, depending on traffic (Spring break right now, BAD traffic even on dirt roads!) what I do is to let him out and then hop in the jeep and follow him down the road.  He's good for about a mile at 25 then he slows down to a fairly constant 15 for another couple of miles.  Then his tongue is hanging out so far I'm afraid he's gonna trip over it and I call him to the Jeep for the ride home.  I'm fine with him going out for a run, just let me know so I can go along.
Sasha's not that much older than the other two, if my guess about her age is right, but she's in much worse shape physically.  (I'm guessing she was three-four when I brought her home; the other two I actually have birth dates on.)

@"Everyone"  Does anyone have a dog you have to feed on a schedule.  I've found that Sasha has her own schedule that looks like:  (get up), snack, breakfast, snack, brunch, snack, lunch, snack, lupper, snack, supper, snack, bedtime treats, snack, (bedtime) ... and she gets bitchy if I try to go by my schedule ... sorry girl!

@Amymeme Bicycling?? No, I go in the Jeep since he stays close to the road (most of the time.)  I wouldn't want to try a peddle power two wheel vehicle here, the roads are rutted most of the time which make them rough.  Even the powered kind sometimes end up where they aren't supposed to!!

Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 15 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 11:49 pm

I would swear squirt can tell time. About 5 minutes before she comes out for whatever reason she scratches the door to remind you she is waiting. Shadow thinks if the bowl is on the floor that i am going to feed him, even when he just ate. Spider knows but she just patiently stares at the bun the food is in. And splinter is like ocd where if im not sitting near him he wont eat.

Squirt kinda reminds me of sheldon from big bang theory. Tap tap tap feed me tap tap tap feed me tap tap tap feed me
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 15 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 10:33 am

Kye is very routine oriented and I have to feed him on a schedule (well, I have to feed everyone on a schedule due to meds) but if I don't keep him on a schedule then his potty breaks get random and he's all over the board behaviorally. I've been researching possible canine autism with kye. He checks many autism boxes if he were human. I keep him on a pretty strict schedule even when traveling. He struggles with travel change more than I expected him to considering we are potentially his 4th home.

Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 15 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 10:59 am

My guys have an amazing internal belly clock. They can be outdoors roaming, sleeping, doesn't matter. 5:00. That's dinner time. Ami rings the doorbell. 9:00PM? That's whippy creammmmmmm and bone time. These guys can be sound asleep (and me as well🙄).9:00 PM? Ami starts pawing at me and Z'ev starts helicoptering.

Morning is not so regular, wakeup time depends on how late we watched tv and how well (or not) we slept. They're quite patient in the morning and let me sleep. But once I'm up....BREAKFAST!!! Though, I have to admit, Ami doesn't start his "time to eat, Mom" until he hears the toilet paper roll rattle 😝  I know, I know, TMI🤣

Last edited by amymeme on Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 15 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 2:48 pm

So did you get sashas lab results back?
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 15 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 12:56 pm

Results are back but my vet's out with COVID along with her daughter and husband ... they all play important parts in my local life so really hope they're all okay. Their son had it earlier (which is probably why they all now have it) and he works with Mary (he's also a vet) but doesn't want to give more directions without conferring with her. It is not Cushings which is what Mary was trying to confirm.

I'm a bad daddy!
My morning routine looks something like this (give or take 1/2 hour or so):
08:00 Get woke up
08:10 Avalanche outside on lead
08:11 Breakfast for Sasha
08:30 Sasha for a "business" walk
10:30 Let Sky out of her crate and let her out

Sky doesn't make any noise, she just patiently waits in crate till I let her out ... and her crate isn't where I see it easily so she tends to be the forgotten child. If she'd move around or whine or something I'd be more aware but ... I'm not a morning person!

Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 15 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 1:10 pm

Its ok my day is already a failure also. Covid is no joke that i would only wish upon my worst enemies. Its good its not cushings but now you still have no answer and i know that frustrating.

Shadow is like sky where you could forget him. We put him in the bedroom when things are going on or we leave and then hours later im looking for shadow and then i remember hes in the bedroom.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 15 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 2:59 pm

Nope. No forgetting Z'ev. No how, no way. He had a shrieky yelp that will wake the dead😬

Glad to hear it is not Cushing's. Hope your vet family rallies quickly from COVID-19.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Desert Pack

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15