It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

Male Join date : 2017-05-01

Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 EmptySun May 07, 2017 11:11 pm

I really think something is wrong she took a really big and watery stool...doesn't look normals , I think it's the probiotics we started, again should I reset the diet or take her to a vet.?

Last edited by Abaroud on Wed May 10, 2017 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 08, 2017 12:13 am

No one told me if it's okay to post pppop picture or not.. I'm sorry I know their disgusting.. please do tel me if I shouldn't be posting thanks!
Back to top Go down
Husky911
Puppy
Puppy
Husky911

Male Join date : 2017-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 08, 2017 12:37 am

hahahaha...I think the pictures are fine...no need to worry =P

To be honest, in my opinion, I think you're feeding your dog too much random stuff. While probiotics and yogurt, etc...are supposed to be beneficial...some dogs just don't take well to all this "fluff" in their food...After Echo got sick, I decided to try yogurt with probiotics, it made his poops softer and worse...

I would probably just stick to a bland diet of rice/chicken and slowly transition your dog back to his regular food...Echo got into some nasty stuff a couple of months back, and had to eat a bland diet or go on royal canine after getting discharged from the hospital. He hated rice and only at the chicken and therefore had poor oral intake. I ended up caving and gave him royal canine gastrointestinal for a couple days and saw significant improvement with his bowls and poops. I slowly then transitioned him back to his regular food (Orijen LB Puppy) afterwards.

I would honestly go simple and just feed the bare minimum until your dogs poops become normal again and then try to add (or don't) probiotics, yogurt etc...Obviously if the diarrhea persists, definitely consult with a vet at your discretion.

Hope your husky feels better soon!

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 08, 2017 1:10 am

Hey! thank you for your reply! Well Bella was improving on chicken-rice-yougurt-pumpkin.

Once I gave her the probiotics she want back to diahria.. poor girl.. il take out the probiotics and see for the next two days.. if she gets better il slowly add kibble (orijen puppy large) and take it from there!

Back to top Go down
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 EmptyTue May 09, 2017 12:56 am

Guys I'm trying to find the correct hair comb for Bella, her coat isn't that long just yet, but she seems to be changing colors and shredding.
Does she look like she's going to turn into full white? Any idea what her color will be when she's grown up!? Very Happy

This is Bella now:

Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 Img_7714
Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 Img_7715
Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 Img_7716

Also her poop is getting better brown and a little lift brown and somewhat paste, but soft when cleaning after her, stains the floor not sure if normal poop is always soft..?

Last edited by Abaroud on Sat May 20, 2017 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 EmptyTue May 09, 2017 10:44 am

She will not be white. She is a black and white and will always be some form of black and white though her white spots could become larger and her black could be more dilute with time.

Any of those brushes will work fine. They are all slicker brushes so I would go with whichever feels better in your hand or is in the price you want to pay.

Poop should hold it's shape but be easily crushable. With a light grip you should be able to pick it up in mostly one piece.

Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 EmptyWed May 10, 2017 1:23 pm

So baby Bella's popp is back to normal, thank god she's recovering. no more water or paste.. just normal stool!! Woohoo, thank everyone for your support through this!

I am wondering about my next step, should I continue her rice and chicken diet for another week? or should I slowly start adding kibble to her diet?

One thing to note, I have a 2kg Orijen Puppy food that I bought, but never tried for Bella.. should I possible try giving her that or just avoid it and simply go to Acana?

Also should I look into extracting her lower K9 for a chance for her lower jaw to grow? or let her rest as she's been sick for a while? I know they will sedate her to extract the tooth.. so is that something to avoid?
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 EmptyWed May 10, 2017 1:41 pm

They have clipped her teeth already so I would wait and see how it goes. If it seems like her jaw isn't making any progress after a couple months of growing then I would revisit.

I would give her a couple more days on the bland then, since you already have the Orijen, I would probably very slowly mix it with the rice and chicken. If her stool falls apart though I would dial back my amounts or discontinue the Orijen, go back to bland for a bit to reset her stool then try swapping to the Acana.

Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 EmptyWed May 10, 2017 2:32 pm

Her teeth were clipped almost 6 weeks ago and her jaw isn't growing the gap is getting bigger by day... pictures below of her plus new poop!

Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 Img_7718
Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 Img_7717

The reason for really wanting to extract her teeth is I really want her jaw to fix itself and we got them trimmed like maybe 6 weeks ago and the jaw didnt correct itself, and a vet said the small canine tooth could be putting preassure on her lower jaw which is why it isnt growing.. money isnt the issue, just her wellbeing i mean its theres a small chance for her jaw to correct by extraction i really want to do it. please advice! thank you guys.
Back to top Go down
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 11, 2017 5:38 pm

Hey guys, so her Diarha is back.. I might be feeding a little to much.. Any suggestion how many grams of chicken and how many grams of rice to feed per day or per meal? also her weight is 8KG and she's 13-14weeks old
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 11, 2017 10:14 pm

Did you start adding the orijen or did the poop go south with no change in food?

To me, the picture above doesn't look that bad. Could be the angle but the other pictures of her overbite looked like the distance was farther than now. If the vet thinks her teeth are locking and you trust your vet then you may want to get it over with. Until she's around 7-8 months old she will grow. Can't remember how old she is now.

Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 12, 2017 7:03 am

The poop went bad alone, but back to normal... the normal is the picture above on the grass.. I think that's how normal is? And no Orijen yet, will probably add like 10grams in her next meal and see her reaction to it.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 12, 2017 10:46 am

What is seen up above is not really normal. When all is healthy it should be a bit firmer and more defined than that, but it is what we will consider her normal for now and take it. Gotta take little victories when you can get them. With time we hope to see her poop get a little firmer than that but it will take time.

Puppy
Puppy
Marco Berck

Male Join date : 2017-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 12, 2017 7:05 pm

I have a question, are there any plants growing there that she eats or chews on ? Don't now if it has been mentioned, did read most of whats been written here but didn't see it ... My puppy Yuka is having diarrhea problems as well for little over a week now, not as bad as your puppy, but still something to take care off. There are quite a few plants that can cause problems but also plants that normally don't really cause issues can be a problem if a dog is allergic to them which is most likely the case with Yuka. If your puppy can still get to those plants or maybe you didn't know it could potentially cause gastric problems when she pulls them out of the ground it will keep giving problems. It might be something to keep an eye on as well and make sure she doesn't eat any plants.

Teaching Yuka now to not grab everything that looks interesting XD. So sad your puppy is having such a bad start so i wish you good luck with her and i hope that she will be healthy again soon.
Back to top Go down
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 EmptySat May 13, 2017 2:04 am

Hey, thanks wish Yuka well! I do catch her with everything and anything in her mouth... she almost swallowed a bell the laser time. Any most probably yes she is eating some plants, going to have to hide them thanks for pointing that out. Umm how do you teach a puppy not to grab stuff from the ground, or any random food. She tends to steal anything she can find and head to her bed lol and if I try to follow her she runs away! So adorable and naughty lol
Back to top Go down
Marco Berck
Puppy
Puppy
Marco Berck

Male Join date : 2017-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 15, 2017 8:48 am

That's a really good question XD ... It's been challenging but he's slowly learning not to pick everything up. Usually i can see pretty well when he's about to grab something and i will just give a little tug on the leash to get him away from it while saying "NO"  ... When he does manage to grab something i will tell him to "let go" which he learned by having him let go of toys.

Sometimes he's really naughty though and will try to grab stuff one after the other just to get attention, or to annoy me maybe tongue... When he's like that i will get him onto to sidewalk and have him follow me for a bit and then give him his ball that i always have with me which he will hold. The reason i go on the sidewalk first is to make sure he wont start thinking that he will get the ball as a reward for grabbing stuff XD. When he walks past something he usually grabs and only sniffs it real quick i will reward him for it.

Inside my house i just made sure that there is nothing he can get his teeth in apart from his toys and the part of the backyard where he can go outside freely, i can keep an eye on him from inside and there is nothing but stone out there.

There are more ways to teach your dog not to pick everything up, like putting a treat on the ground and not allowing her to pick it up until you tell her she can, which eventually helps with other things as well like when you drop something while cooking etc.

Anyway, plants, bugs, dog poo, bird poo, cleaners etc can all make your dog sick and if she has access to them every day then no diet or medication will help to get rid of the gastric problems, so to make sure that's not causing the gastric problems you should keep a real close eye on that as well.
Back to top Go down
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 EmptyWed May 17, 2017 12:41 pm

So my puppy Bella is still having loose stools. Two days it's fine then it goes back to liquid then soft then back to water etc... I took her to the vet and he told me that her stomach is damaged and she needs to go on royal canon gastro intestinal diet. Give her 80-90grams twice a day for three days with probiotics. He said If it works out we can switch her back to another food in a motnh or two slowly.. honestly I don't want her stomach to suffer more.. should I just try this food and see how she reacts?

Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 EmptyWed May 17, 2017 1:20 pm

At this point I would get a small bag of it and give it a try for a bit and see. Some dogs can benefit from it but it's not a food for the long haul.

Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 EmptyWed May 17, 2017 4:13 pm

I agree, switch her over until her tummy heals, she is missing valuable nutrients that she is not retaining because of her stool issue, and chicken and rice is not a balanced meal, can be fed up to a week or two but in the long run not balanced and not healthy for a growing puppy.
Back to top Go down
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 18, 2017 4:08 pm

So Bella isn't responding well.. now it's just explosive water diarrhea.. I mean previously it was somewhat paste and a little form with occasional loose stool on chicken rice and pumpkin..

Should I take her to the vet for them to possibly do some blood tests or loook inside her tummy.. our baby isn't getting better..

Last edited by Abaroud on Sat May 20, 2017 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 18, 2017 4:56 pm

Yes I would rerun giardia tests or cocidea (spelling), you can also look into Vitamin B levels, and you can also inquire about EPI, there is a specific test for it, or you can also talk about leaky gut syndrome. This go round could also be trying to get used to the new food.
Back to top Go down
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 EmptySat May 20, 2017 2:26 pm

I took a step back, put her back on chicken rice yogurt pumpkin and a handful of kibble every meal: her poop is getting so much better. Somewhat firm and easily pickable, I assume her stomach is somewhat okay now just need to transition her slowly into kibble, we had a bag of puppy orijen, and we're adding that to chicken rice think it's working out.

Her daily intake should be 240g of orijen puppy, currently she's getting 80-90g per day into three meals..

Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 Img_7811

Any tips on what to do next?
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 EmptySun May 21, 2017 10:16 am

That is so much better. I would keep slowly adding a little more kibble to make the transition. If her poop goes soft reduce the amount of kibble for a bit then try again and observe. Most Huskies will eat less than the bag recommends so if the bag says 240g don't be surprised if 180g is all she really wants or needs.

Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 EmptySun May 21, 2017 12:14 pm

Ali, I'm glad that your pup is doing better. I haven't had anything to add since you've gotten help from the worlds best advisors.

One thing I will note, while some of these pictures have bordered on being 'gross' they are also *very* informative. I'm thinking we might want to keep a note of this thread so we can point to it when someone says "My pup poop just isn't right."

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 EmptySun May 21, 2017 4:06 pm

aljones wrote:
Ali, I'm glad that your pup is doing better.  I haven't had anything to add since you've gotten help from the worlds best advisors.

One thing I will note, while some of these pictures have bordered on being 'gross' they are also *very* informative.  I'm thinking we might want to keep a note of this thread so we can point to it when someone says "My pup poop just isn't right."

thank you for the heads up.. I did change the topic to poop pictures beware Razz

TwisterII wrote:
That is so much better. I would keep slowly adding a little more kibble to make the transition. If her poop goes soft reduce the amount of kibble for a bit then try again and observe. Most Huskies will eat less than the bag recommends so if the bag says 240g don't be surprised if 180g is all she really wants or needs.

her poop is going soft and then back to solid.. not sure I think he tummy is just adjusting slowly? will reduce from 90g of kibble down to maybe 60 for a few days and see.. the thing is we give her a good amount of chicken and rice, almost a cup of rice and 100g of chicken three times a day and she's always hungry..!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next