It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Rare spots in Puppy fur

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nino
Newborn
Newborn

puppy - Rare spots in Puppy fur Empty
PostSubject: Rare spots in Puppy fur   puppy - Rare spots in Puppy fur EmptyFri May 19, 2017 1:42 am

Hello,
A few days ago we noticed a few spots in our dog fur. (Athena is 11 weeks old and weights 19 pounds). As the day passed they are becoming more visible and we don't know what they are. We took her to the Vet and she said she is unsure of what it is since the skin in the area looks normal and healthy. And the hair is not missing but looks like less hair and longer. Since its hair is medium gray, the little patches of longer and lighter color hair make us think if that's an illness or infection.

The doctor said, he needs more weight and it should be true since the dog looks a bit slim but not skinny. She eats a lot and poops a lot. Drinks a lot and pees a lot. is very sweet and extremely active, playful and loving.

Anyone has an idea on what it is? Is it change of fur or shedding?  Please advise.

Here some pictures

Thanks

puppy - Rare spots in Puppy fur Spots_12
puppy - Rare spots in Puppy fur Spots_11
puppy - Rare spots in Puppy fur Spots_10
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Rare spots in Puppy fur   puppy - Rare spots in Puppy fur EmptyFri May 19, 2017 10:47 am

I'm not really sure. To me it looks like an old bite that might have been bald but has since put the fur back on. Guard hairs are longer than undercoat so if the spot put guard hairs back on but not the undercoat it would look a bit different. Husky puppies go through a lot (massive) color changes as they age so I wouldn't get too worried about it as long as the skin beneath is healthy and there are no lumps or hard spots where those discolorations are. I would simply monitor them. If she is digging at them or they develop bumps beneath then I would get back to the vet.

Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Rare spots in Puppy fur   puppy - Rare spots in Puppy fur EmptySat May 20, 2017 12:06 am

I looked at this last night and my first thought was wondering if your pup was playing with another pup, or dog, cuz it reminds me slightly of when Kohdi and Mishka play together and several days later I see what must have been a nip that took out some fur...although much smaller and normally on the edge of the ear or something, it's very similar to what I see in mine. I never see it on the sides of their bodies though like in yours, but they're so fluffy I probably never would.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Rare spots in Puppy fur   puppy - Rare spots in Puppy fur EmptySun May 21, 2017 12:59 am

I would get a second opinion at another vet hospital or another doctor at the same hospital, but that's just me. Just because there aren't any skin lesions or visible injuries, doesn't mean that there isn't anything going on internally.

How long have you had her? Did she have the spots when you got her? Did they come on gradually or suddenly? Is she bothering them at all? You mentioned that she is thin and needs to gain weight. What condition was she in when you got her? What vaccines does she have? Did you get to meet the parents? If so, what condition where they in?

There are lots of things that can cause hairlessness and skin issues in canines. If you plan on just watching them, I would take a picture everyday and take measurements. Same angle, same time of day, same lighting and see if there are any slight changes. Measuring/monitoring it will prevent anything from getting overlooked. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rare spots in Puppy fur   puppy - Rare spots in Puppy fur Empty

Back to top Go down

Rare spots in Puppy fur

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1