It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Kong Woodland Rabbit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
buffedout
Newborn
Newborn
buffedout

Male Join date : 2017-04-26

Kong Woodland Rabbit  Empty
PostSubject: Kong Woodland Rabbit    Kong Woodland Rabbit  EmptySat May 27, 2017 12:19 pm

Picked this up a few days ago, since she loved her first soft toy that she learned to tear to shreds:

https://www.kongcompany.com/products/for-dogs/plush-toys/ballistic/ballistic-woodland-rabbit/

Within 5 minutes of giving it to her, she ripped a hole in it.  To be fair, I don't know if that speaks to her intelligence or the quality of the toy.  I'm quickly learning that plush toys are about worthless with a husky.
Back to top Go down
Marco Berck
Puppy
Puppy
Marco Berck

Male Join date : 2017-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Kong Woodland Rabbit    Kong Woodland Rabbit  EmptySat May 27, 2017 9:22 pm

Yuka is pretty good at making holes in soft toys as well, but got him one of these when we got Yuka that's made out of pretty tough material which is still in pretty good shape and also using it for tugging games Smile ... Yuka is a 4 and a half month old puppy though, so I dont know how long it will last when he gets older.

https://www.kongcompany.com/products/for-dogs/wubba/wubba-ballistic-friends/rabbit/
Back to top Go down
buffedout
Newborn
Newborn
buffedout

PostSubject: Re: Kong Woodland Rabbit    Kong Woodland Rabbit  EmptySun May 28, 2017 11:32 pm

Marco Berck wrote:
Yuka is pretty good at making holes in soft toys as well, but got him one of these when we got Yuka that's made out of pretty tough material which is still in pretty good shape and also using it for tugging games Smile ... Yuka is a 4 and a half month old puppy though, so I dont know how long it will last when he gets older.

https://www.kongcompany.com/products/for-dogs/wubba/wubba-ballistic-friends/rabbit/

I'll check into it, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Marco Berck
Puppy
Puppy
Marco Berck

Male Join date : 2017-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Kong Woodland Rabbit    Kong Woodland Rabbit  EmptyMon May 29, 2017 4:18 pm

You' re welcome ... If you get one of those, i hope it will last as long as the one Yuka has Smile
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Kong Woodland Rabbit    Kong Woodland Rabbit  EmptyWed May 31, 2017 8:16 pm

Saw this when I was poking around the web. It's similar to bark box but for hard core chewers. Might be worth trying for a month to see if you find something that holds up. It helps that they offer free replacement if something they send doesn't hold up at least a couple weeks.

https://bullymake.com/?utm_source=pinterest&utm_campaign=gd-jan10&utm_medium=pinterest-ads&utm_term=gd-jan10&utm_content=gd-jan10&pp=0

Newborn
Newborn
buffedout

PostSubject: Re: Kong Woodland Rabbit    Kong Woodland Rabbit  EmptyWed May 31, 2017 8:25 pm

TwisterII wrote:
Saw this when I was poking around the web. It's similar to bark box but for hard core chewers. Might be worth trying for a month to see if you find something that holds up. It helps that they offer free replacement if something they send doesn't hold up at least a couple weeks.

https://bullymake.com/?utm_source=pinterest&utm_campaign=gd-jan10&utm_medium=pinterest-ads&utm_term=gd-jan10&utm_content=gd-jan10&pp=0

I'm going to look into this, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Kong Woodland Rabbit    Kong Woodland Rabbit  EmptyWed May 31, 2017 9:18 pm

Ok, this is coming from a guy who had seizuring huskies and lost them to seizures, and had to look at EVERYTHING in their environment while they were alive to help figure out ANYTHING that could possibly trigger a seizure in them.

I found out that many plastic/rubber toys for pets, actually poison our pets when the chemicals in them leach into our dogs bodies. Your dog doesn't have to be a seizuring dog for it to be dangerous to them. When looking at dog toys that are rubber/plastic, look for toys that are BPA free (the chemical that gives rubber/plastic it's elasticity) PVC free, there's one more that I can't remember atm, but basically you can google dog toys that are BPA free and the others will fall into that category as well. Kong does make a safe toy apparently, it took me a little while to find it on any lists but it did eventually show up. As far as this chew box or whatever, I don't know, and there are LOTS of other toys out there that can harm our pets so I'm just advising to check them all out first before you buy them.
Back to top Go down
DarkDiamond
Teenager
Teenager
DarkDiamond

Male Join date : 2014-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Kong Woodland Rabbit    Kong Woodland Rabbit  EmptyWed May 31, 2017 10:50 pm

The BPA free advice goes for us Humans as well. My dogs, especially Wolf, like plush toys. He won't even play with rubber toys. But they destroy them quickly (and Ziva tends to eat them), so I have to supervise. Ziva does like bunnies though, so I might have to get her a Woodland Rabbit Very Happy . I've had the best luck with the firehose toys, especially the one with a water bottle in it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kong Woodland Rabbit    Kong Woodland Rabbit  Empty

Back to top Go down

Kong Woodland Rabbit

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1