It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Grant's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

Female Join date : 2017-11-09

petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2018 10:11 am

How cute! I can't wait to see. She has a slightly tough look to her mask which matches her fierce personality.
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 02, 2018 12:52 am

Too bad she's so shy

petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 Img_7321

As of today, she knows sit, touch, down, come, wait, shake, potty, and ouch (haha).
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 02, 2018 1:16 am

Whatever that thing is behind her (pillow?) I see a pic of it shredded in your future Razz

Very cute picture, she's looking awesome and I love the colors in this pic
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 02, 2018 1:23 am

She's started in on the Himalayan sheepskin pillows already, believe it, Jimmy. Grant never chewed anything but his toys. Sophia is like a mad interior designer: all of this must go!!!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 1:23 am

LOLOL, too cute Smile mine have never destroyed much, a pair of Ugg boots was the most "expensive" thing they got, however, I'm pretty certain if that pillow you have in the pic, was here, it'd be shredded, hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 9:08 am

I'm giving lots of redirection and supervision, plus puppy-proofing. In the past couple of days, the sheep pillows have been mouthed less and cuddled more, but she isn't left alone with anything, anyway.

Grant has reverted to puppy tactics somewhat lately. He now knows how to get me up earlier: he riles up a sleeping Sophia. Then no sleeping in for me. Haha
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 10:08 am

Morning romp

petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 Img_7412
petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 Img_7410
petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 Img_7411

Conversation between my son and Grant a few days ago:

Grant: Hey, I think we got a cat!

S: A cat?

Grant: Yeah, I asked for one at Petsmart.

S: Dude, Sophia's not a cat.

Grant: A raccoon then? I mean, look at that mask.

S: Um, look in the mirror, maybe? Your puppy nickname was The Evil Raccoon.

Grant: Really? Way harsh!

S: Dude, Sophia is your mini me. She's your Husky sister.

Grant: A Husky sister? Can I play with her?

S: Yeah, just don't eat her.

Grant: That's what Mom said.

S: She is going to grow up really fast.

Grant: I can't wait 'till we can body slam!

S: Meanwhile, don't break her. Even when she's bite-y.

Grant: Haha, right? Thanks, bro.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 11:37 am

As always, love your pictures!!

The dialogue between you son and Grant is great! Did I miss the picture of him and the dogs??

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 1:09 pm

Thanks, Al. Um... probably put the photos on instagram.

Here is one from about a week ago. I don't have many with Sophia and Grant together because I'm usually supervising, but they are getting more trustworthy every day. Grant is super sweet to Sophia, but he might fall on her. Sophia is mostly fine, learning to let go of Grant's face fur and use a softer mouth. I'm just glad she doesn't come after me like that!

petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 Img_7413
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 3:25 pm

Seriously cute pictures Smile it's like de ja vu for me, LOL.

Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 4:57 pm

Haha, Jimmy, likewise. Very Happy

Also, feeling the need to document how much Sophia is like Grant in needing Everyone's attention. When Grant goes out, he expects everyone to say hello to him. We have really worked on him ignoring people when we run, especially since every little girl on the trail wants to pet him, so as we zip by, I sing out "we're working, sorry!" (Training is more important than social.)

But when I took Sophia with me on deadline to get printing done at Office Depot, we were met with squeals by staff. Then the woman actually waiting on us ignored Sophia. So Sophia barked once at the woman, then gave her a woo-wooing.

By that time, other staff had arrived to pick her up and coo at her (which makes me nervous, but Sophia loves it). I swear, Sophia was like, "you must worship me!"

It was hysterical! And the woman explained to Sophia she had a dog at home (?). I could tell the woman was miffed when I explained/apologized for Sophia's demands for attention.

While Grant is sweet about his demands for attention (read: friendly), Sophia is a bit on the goddess side. I'm working with her on alternatives to barking, but she is a big talker. And she will let you have it when you misstep!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 12:20 am

Grant sounds like Kohdi's twin! I wonder if it's because we socialized them so well, or if it's just their personality. If a car even just slows down when I'm walking Kohdi, he thinks it MUST be because they want to talk to him, LOLOL. I'm not complaining though, anyone who meets him tells me what a charming personality he has. Mishka, on the other hand, she shy's away from too much attention, unless she already knows them.

The woman at Office Depot probably only meant that she has a dog at home...that will now smell she was petting another dog. No reason to get miffed but...whatever, lol.
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 10:04 am

Yes, Grant was over-socialized, I think. Haha Kohdi sounds ideal in his personality. But Huskies are all different. Shyness around new humans is a wolf trait, and Huskies have 12/12. I don't force Grant to be friendly. And Sophia already studies him and takes her cues from him and probably always will.

As for the woman at Office Depot, it was more about the situation showing me something new about Sophia. I think some people are annoyed when they are trying to do their jobs and a puppy takes over right in the middle of it it--tiny bit obnoxious to take a cute puppy to someone's workplace.

Sophia's on her way to oversocialized already and she's not even allowed to walk on the grass outside our property yet. I don't want her getting small dog syndrome where she assumes my stature because I carry her everywhere. But by the time she has all of her shots, she will be so done with me picking her up. She's more into cuddles than Grant, but she's still an independent Husky.
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 5:13 pm

Sophia learning "place"

Sophia Playing in her Place
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 11:05 pm

petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 Img_7414

Sophia: I eat my bro's fur

Grant: I'm not allowed to eat her

#petshaming
Back to top Go down
CloverField
Puppy
Puppy
CloverField

Female Join date : 2017-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 11:46 pm

It's a very fair deal. She picks up after him so of course he can't eat her or who else will clean it up!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 1:02 am

Pic made me smile Smile too cute. Here you can really see their size difference still, too.
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 1:24 pm

Good point, @CloverField! Haha

Yes, Jimmy, Grant is only 51 lbs, but he looks like a monster compared to Sophia. She was 9.2 lbs when she came home--I need to weigh her again. She's a voracious eater and carrying her around is like free-weight training.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 9:21 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 9:48 pm

Thanks. Leo and Ronin!

Here's Sophia chewing her brother's horn as if she has big girl teeth:

petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 Img_7415
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 2:45 am

How cute Smile my two aren't big fans of hooves, they love ears though.
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 11:44 am

Still can't be calm enough to nap together because playing is too much fun. Sophia usually naps in her x-pen after her morning romp, then it's off to the office. petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 Img_7510
Back to top Go down
CloverField
Puppy
Puppy
CloverField

Female Join date : 2017-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 2:48 pm

She's so small compared to him, it's adorable! I can't wait to see her full grown and them side by side!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 4:58 pm

Pic is adorable!

When they aren't kept apart so much, the time together will be a bit tamer.
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 6:10 pm

I know, Tiana, she's small but mighty. I can't wait to see them when she's bigger.

And Jimmy, yes, I'm letting them slowly spend more time together. Grant accidentally tapped her in the head as he was leaping away from one of her switch-backs on the porch--she's always on the leash. She yelped and cried for the first time--the only time I've really seen her upset beyond her expressions of displeasure from being left alone when we run, which is an extinction process now. It was heartbreaking and Grant came to check on her, then she played with him like it never happened.

Grant cried over every stubbed toe, but she is tough! She was fine, but it underscores why they need supervision and limited access to each other. I'm ready for her to get bigger, but I always am when puppies are at this age (3mos), when they begin pulling on the leash like a freight train and I'm just starting obedience. I worry she will break her neck, and she's more willful where Grant was carefree.

They are alike in mannerisms, but Grant is sensitive and independent where she is a cuddly Velcro tank.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    petshaming - Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Grant's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next