It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Noiseless Dog Tags ... and more

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

Noiseless Dog Tags ... and more Empty
PostSubject: Noiseless Dog Tags ... and more   Noiseless Dog Tags ... and more EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 1:47 pm

A while back someone mentioned a dog tag holder that, in my memory of it, was a clip on that supported the dog tags with a screw through the carrier.  (( How's that for the worlds worst description?? ))

I recently had all three dogs given their rabies shot and have three tags that I now have to remove (the old rabies tag) and new ones to put on.  I guarantee I'll either break 10 fingernails or dull my knife (if I don't cut myself) trying to replace these tags.

What I remember is similar to the Rubit Clip but, if memory serves, the one I'm looking for is much more secure since the tags are held with a screw.

Does anyone know what this old man is thinking about???  Help?!?!?!?

ETA: I think this (freezeTag) might be what I was looking for. I've ordered one and will follow up here when I get it. (( Ordered 1 since the other two I wanted - color coded dogs - are out of stock ))

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Noiseless Dog Tags ... and more   Noiseless Dog Tags ... and more EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 2:32 pm

Hmm....I never run my rabies tags so don't ever worry about swapping them out. Mine just have the boomerang tags with their info and that is quiet. Are you looking for just a silencer or something to actually get rid of the ring that is hard to get on and off?

Basic tag silencers are very basic --> Tag Silencer

This is a quick clip similar to the rubit clip --> Tag Spinner

This one has a screw as well --> Tagabiner

Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

Female Join date : 2017-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Noiseless Dog Tags ... and more   Noiseless Dog Tags ... and more EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 3:04 pm

Peeking in to thank you for this. I just figured out why Grant's white throat fur is getting dark marks and it's because of his tag (!) so now we have a solution. Yay!
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Noiseless Dog Tags ... and more   Noiseless Dog Tags ... and more EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 3:30 pm

Jenn, I hate you!!! Normally I can find what I'm looking for pretty easily but obviously my choice of search terms and yours were quite a bit different.

To answer your question - and make a comment or two - what I was looking for is something that tones down the tinkle-tinkle as they move around and something that makes it a little easier to get tags off and on.

Recapping your finds:

Tag Silencer - I've seen these and considered them but that still leaves me with the problem of getting them off and on.

Tag spinner - no on two counts. One they aren't a silencer at all and I'd still have to put the ring on the tag (now if their lower appendage were smaller, similar to the biner) so the tag slipped on it, it might be a different matter)

Tagbiner - I like the idea since it seems more secure than the FreezeTag that I'm looking at. The clatter from the tags isn't *really* a problem. What I'm looking for is something that is secure *and* makes it easy to add / change tags - the silencing is an additional nicety (if I don't like the FreezeTag, I'll probably look back and try one of these.)

I've looked at the boomerang tags - I'd still have to have something else since, because of the purported prevalence of rabies carriers (not true, in fact) our dogs are supposed to have their rabies tag on them anytime they're out of the house.

But, even though I'm being curmudgeonly, thank you ma'am.

Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Noiseless Dog Tags ... and more   Noiseless Dog Tags ... and more EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 5:36 pm

Both dogs have grey discoloration under their about from their new, enameled one size red dingo ss tags. But I like the tinkle tinkle cause it let's me and the cat know where they are.
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Noiseless Dog Tags ... and more   Noiseless Dog Tags ... and more EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 11:28 am

Well, Amy, I feel better knowing I'm not alone in this! Now Chewy is serving me up several options as ads everywhere I go, haha, but I'm getting the Night Ize S-Biner because it's stainless steel. No more dread with new rabies tags! <ad mode off>
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Noiseless Dog Tags ... and more   Noiseless Dog Tags ... and more EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 11:39 am

@Mersea Lopez Let me know what you think of the S-Biner and I'll comment on the FreezeTag when it gets here.  It's coming from Austin so it should be here in a day or two.

Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Noiseless Dog Tags ... and more   Noiseless Dog Tags ... and more EmptyFri Dec 22, 2017 9:36 am

I really like the S-Biner from Nite Ize and the light for nighttime on the porch. Here he is "lit" after a walk outside in the dark--I left his collar on to snap a photo.

My bonsai pliers could barely remove the rabies tag jump ring, but good ridddance! I saw the light fob at Petsmart, but got the two items from Amazon.com.Noiseless Dog Tags ... and more Img_6711
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Noiseless Dog Tags ... and more   Noiseless Dog Tags ... and more EmptySat Dec 22, 2018 3:36 pm

The timing on this is about right.  I *did* go with the FreezeTag and they look like:
Noiseless Dog Tags ... and more 230022016

After a year of (ab)use on the three dogs, there is no discernable wear on the retainer. Ther flap that hold the tag on the collar also hold the nut so that it doesn't move. Pretty solid investment ...

I just had to replace my annual tags for the dogs and other than some marking on Avalanches HomeAgain tag they look great and make no noise at all.  Replacement on the three dogs took all of 10 minutes. ( less the time I had getting the dogs to cooperate of course! )

Back to top Go down
Shepsky13
Teenager
Teenager
Shepsky13

Male Join date : 2017-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Noiseless Dog Tags ... and more   Noiseless Dog Tags ... and more EmptySat Dec 22, 2018 7:04 pm

Interesting thread...I am somebody whose dog's tags are currently held on with a paper clip through the ring of his martingale collar!

I didn't even know there were all these nifty tag holders...
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Noiseless Dog Tags ... and more   Noiseless Dog Tags ... and more EmptyWed Nov 09, 2022 3:58 pm

Since I'm adding a pup to the pack, I need another 'thing' to keep his tags on with. Finally located this thread again and have another FreezeTag on order.

What can I say, they've been on the pups for 5 years and have no deterioration and I can still read the tags ... I'm really impressed with the quality. ($9.95 + s/h from Chewy and others)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Noiseless Dog Tags ... and more   Noiseless Dog Tags ... and more Empty

Back to top Go down

Noiseless Dog Tags ... and more

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1