It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 6:39 pm

Merry Christmas to you guys too.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2023 2:28 am

R.I.P my beautiful little girl. For such a little being, you sure left a giant hole in my heart.

Mishka. March 27, 2014- January 26 2023
I will love you forever, little one.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2023 12:19 pm

I'm so sorry Jimmy. It's a bear when they get old. They've brought us such joy, it's not fair that they have to leave so soon.

You've been in my thoughts, it's been so long since we've heard from you. You take care of yourself, 'hear.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2023 1:58 pm

I'm so sorry, Jimmy - IBD is a nasty disease and Mishka was too young to die. I know how much you loved her. She was a beautiful girl and your photos of her were works of love and art. My deepest condolences.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2023 3:11 am

@Al. Thank you for your words, Al, Mishka wasn't that old though, she was 8 about to turn 9. I joined this forum a couple months after I got her, she pretty much grew up here and why I felt I should post a good bye to her, here. Unfortunately her scrapbook was split into two, so all her pics are not together anymore. Only one here that happened to. Early on in her life, she developed G.I issues, I posted bits and pieces of that here, but her problems were deeper than "give her pumpkin" or trying single protein foods, etc. She eventually was diagnosed with IBD (inflamed bowel disease) her intestines had some hardening, and along with blood panels and ultrasounds, that would be the vets mode of treatment. She was having to eat hydrologized protein food, canned and kibble, given B12 injections along with daily pills, given probiotics and something called Tylan powder which is a antinflamatory/antibiotic, and in her last 6 months or so, prednisone. Even her treats were H/A. Everything seemed to work, I'd have hope, but about every 3-4 weeks, she would have flare ups, they'd go away but always returned, and through all this she had a steady rate of weight loss. An example is between August and January of this year, she lost 6 lbs. She only weighed 32 lbs on the 5th of January when the vet told me here blood panel numbers seemed to be improving somewhat and patted herself on the back for figuring out the right treatment plan. Two weeks later, she got very sick, blood panel was "concerning" to them, she thought Mishka may have developed pancreatitis, then prescribed an abundance of meds, only to be put to sleep 5 days later. She suffered so much.

@Amy. Thank you so much Amy, you were and continue to be a great friend through all this. I am so thankful I posted as much as I did, in the scrapbooks here. Almost like a diary in a way where it shows the beginning and progression through their life. I wish I hadn't stopped. Although I still took lots of pics, I'd like to have had them in one place to look back upon. When my scrapbooks were split up (wasn't because I posted so much either, I had asked Ashleigh about it) there were a few others that posted as much as I did) I didn't feel the same about posting. In any event, I have more pics of Kohdi and Mishka than I have had of any of my past pups and I treasure them now more than ever.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2023 4:41 pm

If you would like the scrapbooks combined back together I should be able to do that.

I am so sorry for your loss. She was such a darling. Pancreatitis is terrifying. Since Kenzi was diagnosed diabetic it has been something that I have lived in constant defense against to the point I dropped the fat content in my other dog's food to protect her if she were to get a hold of some of their food. It's so hard to catch in time and crazy expensive to treat with a low probability of success. We know you did everything you could. She may not have had the long life we all want our dogs to have but she sure made a lot of impact during the years she had. Both your dogs have made so many of us smile and laugh over the years.

Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2023 11:31 pm

@Jenn...Thank you for offering to do that, Jenn, I think I should just leave it the way it is at this point, I'd be heartbroken if things didn't work out and things got lost in the process. I know where to find their original scrapbooks so I'll be fine.

Thank you Jenn. You made me cry with your last sentences. She made me smile and laugh everyday. Even when she wasn't feeling good all those times, she never showed it, I am so proud to have been part of her life, just wish she hadn't suffered so much at the end. I'm fortunate to still have Kohdi to come home to, but Mishka was the one who every single day, was waiting by the front door for me. It's hell not seeing her excited little face waiting for me to come in the house.

I hope everything goes well for Kenzi.
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

Female Join date : 2015-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 12:00 pm

@Jimmy, I am so heartbroken for you! I've been away for a very prolonged amt of yrs and I'm just seeing this now. From the photos and stories I recall, little Mishka was an absolute doll and a sweetheart. Letting go is the absolute hardest part. May she rest in peace 🕊️ and I sincerely hope you will be ok in due time too...
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2023 1:53 am

@Amanda…Thank you so much for your post, Amanda. I truly appreciate everything you wrote. Mishka was without a doubt, so very sweet. I’m having a extremely hard time dealing with her not being here anymore. She was literally my shadow when I was home, wherever I was, she was nearby, her presence is missed. I see her everywhere. It’ll be two months soon, since she left me, and I am still going to bed thinking about her and waking up thinking about her. Out of all my past huskies, this might be the hardest one yet that I just can’t find peace. When a dog dies of old age, like a few of mine have, I could find comfort knowing they lived a good, long life. When a dog dies suddenly, like a couple of mine have with their seizures, I at least could find comfort that their last day was doing what they loved, and there was little to no suffering. With Mishka, she was so sweet, so very good, to have had to see her suffer like she did, is something I don’t know that I’ll ever be able to come to terms with. She didn’t deserve to go that way. No dog does. I couldn’t even give her a great last day, filled with her favorite food or treats, take her to a place she enjoyed, one last time. She deserved so much better. She, Kohdi and I had such a tight bond, my soul dogs. I will miss her til the day I die.

Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

Female Join date : 2015-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 23, 2023 5:34 pm

I'm am going to start sobbing now...there are no words that could possibly console you with what you're going through. There is no doubt that you gave Mishka the best life she could have to the absolute best of your ability. It's not fair that there's this unseen and unknown force that can sweep in and take away our best friend at the snap of a finger. But I think their short lives is what makes us treasure each and every waking moment with them so much more while they're with us. I know that sounds cliche but there's gotta be some touch of truth to that. Hold on to Kohdi a little tighter and remember the three of your best moments together. That's the best tribute you could give her. Sending lots of fur filled hugs your way!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11