It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Jenn's journey with weight issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:21 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
What's wrong with egg for lunch?! Razz Heck, I even have eggs for dinner!
i have a good egg salad sandwich Recipe but again thats cold.... i need like a healthy soup or something to whip up on the weekend to pack or something

PB&J i do for hikes but the PB has to much fat in it and if you do the "true" serving size it barley covers the bread.

hate tuna. or any caned meat, that is just weird....

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:24 pm

soup is good....i can't remember if you like seafood/fish or not....but chicken soup is always good. i make this pea soup for JD which he really likes and it's basically just frozen peas in a low sodium broth, with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. or omit the cheese and use spices to flavor up the soup. then blend until creamy and thick. top off with turkey bacon, or shredded chicken or shrimp, or crab...low sodium, low carb, low calorie! you could even do this with canned diced tomatoes for a quick tomato soup - toss in some fresh basil...

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:25 pm

The black bean soup like Melissa suggested sounds good, do you like that? Do you like those Healthy Choice soups that are low fat and low calorie? Those come in a can and are just heat and eat. I have some at home but they are so lacking in flavor that I don't eat them often.

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:26 pm

Claudia, that sounds awesome! Can you post the recipe pretty please???? Very Happy My hubby would love that!!!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:27 pm

Oh soup! I boil asparagus in veggie broth until it's soft, then blend with a hand blender. I add some spices to taste - and it's delicious and filling! Smile
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:29 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
The black bean soup like Melissa suggested sounds good, do you like that? Do you like those Healthy Choice soups that are low fat and low calorie? Those come in a can and are just heat and eat. I have some at home but they are so lacking in flavor that I don't eat them often.

I'm not a huge soup person, but black bean soup is awesome! I also like split pea soup and lobster bisque. Pretty much I like thick soup and not the watery ones...yuck! LOL!!!

We have though Healthy Choice soups too and I agree...they lack in flavor!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:35 pm

Speaking of soups... Zuppa Tuscano at Olive Garden...divine!!! Okay, sorry, not helping! I love to recreate that one at home.

Make a huge pot of gumbo on the weekend and split it up throughout the week...mmmmm!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 9:16 pm

MelissaI wrote:
Claudia, that sounds awesome! Can you post the recipe pretty please???? Very Happy My hubby would love that!!!
which soup? the pea soup or tomato soup?

you know what else is really good and healthy? roasted butternut squash soup - it's almost like a bisque but you'd never know it was healthy! i made this for hubby too but i added crab and made it a butternut squash crab bisque and he loved it and though it was a soup from Whole Foods or something that was sinful!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 9:17 pm

Pea please =) Me no likey tomatoes...I'm weird...I'm know!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 9:22 pm

MelissaI wrote:
Pea please =) Me no likey tomatoes...I'm weird...I'm know!
I'll post it with the rest of the recipes!

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 10:06 pm

I will take any healthy soup! I have the low salt can shit to yuck.... rather learn to make my own in the crock pot. Thanks ladies!

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:46 am

Well for the first time in a long time I weigh less on a Monday then I did fri! 133.3lbs and here I thought I ate to much, mush have been all the shopping and yard work Wink

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:58 am

Gooooooo Jenn!!!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 12:05 am

Just an update,
Well my weight has gone up and instead of being between 133-135 I'm now sticking around 135-138, not sure what the deal is, work out and food is about the same, only thing I can think of is its muscle gain from uping my lifting. I did have some measurments done tonight and and since feb. I have lost a total of 42" on my body!! affraid
I'm not so much worried about what the scale says as long as it does not go over 140lbs. Everything is still fitting the same and I can tell I'm toning up so I'm just gonna keep doing what I'm doing and hope I make it out of this holiday staying the same!

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 12:35 am

42 inches?! Wow, way to go girl!

Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 12:42 am

That's awesome!!

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 5 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 6:43 am

Muscle weighs more then fat thus the gain and staying the same shape.

Unless you over indulged during your recent trip.
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 10:39 am

Ah, the ol' pound of feathers vs pound of bricks question.

Maybe it was breathing that thicker air for a week?
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 11:51 am

Here4thePics wrote:
Unless you over indulged during your recent trip.

Len I enjoyed my time home eatting but I ran 2miles a day and spent 2 days walking NYC. I came home up 4lbs but droped it in 4days. I was holding the new weight before I left.

Oh and your sooooo funny Eddy! That thick air out ther sucks!

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 6:21 pm

so i thought i would start tracking my food to figure out what the hell is up with my stupid weight since i am still eating the same. my goal will always be 130, still sticking to the 138-140 weight and i cant move it, driving me crazy, i know its up some from the holiday and i the only other thing would be STRESS. i might be eating more and not realizing it or my body is all jacked up from the stress and not burning, i started some supplements yesterday to help. so on to my question, if any can answer but i am tracking on 2 sites. Web MD and myfittness.com
so both my weight goals are the same on each site but im getting 2 very different cal. intakes for the day.
my fitness is telling me i can only have 1200cal to lose 1lb a week.
Web MD is telling me i can have 1811cal to lose 1 or less lbs a week.
have any of you ran into this? i know 1200 is way to little for the workouts i do, and the 1800 seems about right. im going to track this whole week on both sites and see what it comes up with at the end. i did not work out today cause i slept like shit last night after the news and i had 7 days straight of some kind of activity so i thought i would take a break today and just walk the dogs later, tomorrow its on with cardio and then the gym.

what sites are any of you using, and why do you like them?

Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

Female Join date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 7:21 pm

A site cant tell you because they dont know ho much you eat. Just burn more than you eat! Jmo
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 7:56 pm

well they can track you cause you input all the food info and it breaks it down to how much in each group you are eating, carbs, protein, sugar, you can also track your fitness in there as well so it takes that into account. its the how much does my body burn sitting on my ass all day compared to my work outs factoring in my cal burn. my fitness is already telling me i have had to much sugar and protein for the day, to me that sounds like crap since all i have had is an apple and blackberries so nat. sugar. you need eat fruit! not sure if im gonna trust that site. but like i said im gonna do it for the week and see if it really does help at all.

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 8:17 pm

jbealer wrote:
....its the how much does my body burn sitting on my ass all day compared to my work outs factoring in my cal burn.
The only site that I know of that can calculate calorie burn according to you would be BodyBugg. When I did P90X, P90X Plus and Insanity, my calorie burn sitting was 2 calories per minute. While doing Kickboxing workouts, I was burninging 350-400 calories per hour.

If you want to track you're calorie burn as accurately as possible without a website, you should invest in a heart rate monitor. I have one, and have been meaning to wear it during snowshoeing/hiking to see what my calorie burn is per hour for that activity. There are the strap-less ones but those aren't as accurate as the ones with the chest strap. You really don't feel it - it feels like part of your jog bra.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 8:23 pm

i have one of the strapped ones, never use it. did not know how to use my heart rate to figure out the cal stuff. all this shit is to much work and thats why i never stick to tracking for very long, i just can't explain this stupid gain right now......

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 8:32 pm

I use myfitnesspal.com also. Do you input your cardio? I also get 1200 calories before I input my cardio. Once I do it goes up to about 1800-1900 calories a day. It works for me. When I actually stick to tracking that is Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jenn's journey with weight issues

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next