It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Eating dirt

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

Eating dirt Empty
PostSubject: Eating dirt   Eating dirt EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 5:43 pm

So about a month ago i tried planting the blueberry bush in the yard and it got dug up the following day. Now spider and shadow for the last week have been munching on the miracle grow pro organic like its the tastiest snack there is. Which brings me too why are they doing this and beyond that i have the same soil in all my pots but they only target the blueberry bush, so far the raspberry and BlackBerry and strawberrys are being left alone.

They are going to the vet on the 7th so ill have them checked for mineral and vitamin deficiency but specifically targeting one pot seems to rule that out.

*****if this is in the wrong spot please move it**********
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

Eating dirt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating dirt   Eating dirt EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 6:26 pm

Does that soil have bone meal in it? Also. Z'ev eats dirty now and then. And once he finds a spot, he keeps coming back to it. I haven't a clue. Unless it's either a spot where Ami has eaten a bone or it's got grubs.
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Eating dirt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating dirt   Eating dirt EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 9:04 pm

Its miracle gro performance organics container mix. I cant find the ingredients online and its not on the bag either so i really have no idea what it is. Usually i use happy frog and that does have bone and blood meal, but the pandemic closed the garden stores and nurseries and i was stuck with what i could find at walmart.

There are several things it could be causing them to eat dirt ranging from they like the taste to a vitamin or mineral or probiotic deficiency to a stomach ache. Being only 2 of 4 are eating it and only from one particular pot makes me think they just like it. But its wierd and ive cleaned the waterbowl 3 times today already because of the mud at the bottom.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

Eating dirt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating dirt   Eating dirt EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 12:31 am

Hah. Bane of my existence. Z'ev, his muzzle and mud on the water bowl Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Eating dirt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating dirt   Eating dirt EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 3:34 pm

I have to pack all my pots full of rocks now to keep mine from trying to eat the potting soil inside. Sometimes if it's just one particular pot it's worth pulling the plant our and checking the roots for bugs they might be after, or digging around and making sure that the other critters aren't hiding something in the pot. I have sunflower seeds that birds stuff in some of my pots that kye goes after.

Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

Eating dirt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating dirt   Eating dirt EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 4:05 pm

Sasha has this thing about eating the dirt from my strawberry plants (potted) It's the same commercial soil I've used for my potted tomatoes and a couple of other plants in the house.

If I had neighbors close, they'd probably wonder about my yelling "Sasha get outta that pot!!!"

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Eating dirt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating dirt   Eating dirt EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 6:32 pm

lol
Back to top Go down