It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 10:45 pm

Though, of course, a tank top would look best with just the logo across the front.

Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 1:01 am

I would love to buy a shirt!
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 8:54 am

Me too!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 9:34 pm

SaraB wrote:
I like the shirt idea! I'd actually love a shirt with the logo up top, mountains and all! It's such a cute pic!

The site banner T-shirt has a good chance of convincing me. It would help people know they've found the proper site when they see the banner online from the T-shirt.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 10:10 pm

Just want you all to know that I am looking into the t-shirts. The GIF image I have is corrupted, so I'm waiting to hear from the designer about getting a new copy. The GIF is what allows the background to be transparent so we don't have a white rectangle on the t-shirt. Very Happy

Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 Hailey10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 10:42 pm

Tori, I just emailed you back the email I have from when you sent me the files for the logo. Maybe those'll work??
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 11:50 am

Draft 1:

Front: paw print with "www.itsahuskything.com" printed below
Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 Front10
Back: Forum logo with "A fun and friendly online forum for husky owners." printed below
Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 Back10

Reply with:

1. Do we like the shirt color? I tried to keep it in line with forum colors.
2. How's the design? Is this what we were thinking?
3. In your ideal world, how many t-shirts would you want and what type (tank, short-sleeved, long-sleeved).

Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:01 pm

Koda wrote:

3. In your ideal world, how many t-shirts would you want and what type (tank, short-sleeved, long-sleeved).

1 - The color is OK, but it's better than white or gray.
2- LOVE the design!
3- Just for myself, I'd get a tank and a long sleeve or a shirt. If hubby wants one, I'd get him one too.

I'd have to pass this by the person that does the event for our rescue, and if she OK's it, I'd like to get a few extra so we could sell it at pet expos and events.

Would you carry just one color? Or would you have another color besides the shown in the draft?

Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:06 pm

T-shirts are going to be pricey as is because we're getting the logo which has multiple colors, so I think that just the one color shirt is going to be all we offer. I can play with the t-shirt quality and color a lot more than I can with the design as I think everyone agrees that this design is pretty much what we wanted.

Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:10 pm

Koda wrote:
Draft 1:

Reply with:

1. Love it - beats white or black!
2. Love it too! - Might try to add the word "informational" in the forum description - just a thought.
3. 2 - short sleeved for sure, maybe one long sleeved
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:15 pm

1. It's okay. Maybe a lighter sky blue? Or green?
2. Like the design!
3. short sleeved and fitted if possible, though I know guys might not like a fitted T

Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 1:07 pm

1. Do we like the shirt color?

Love the shirt color!

I do like the design as is and would be happy with it if that's what everyone prefers.

Not to be nitpicky but just thought I'd throw this suggestion out there for the front of the shirt.

Would it be possible to have a paw print that shows the nails since it's more accurate for a dog? Not a major thing I know but dog prints show nail marks and cat prints don't. But then again if everyone prefers a more cartoonish look then the original is a good fit.
Something like this:
Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 Dog_paw_prints_silhouette_0521-1010-0719-5512_TN or this Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 Dog-print-large ? No problem if it's not what people prefer, I tend to get a bit too technical for my own good sometimes. Razz

Also, how would it look with the website address were curved upward sort of like a wide "u" under the paw print? That's kinda what I had pictured in my mind to keep the front logo smoother and more curved.

Just throwing some added suggestions out there but I do like it as is so it's up to everyone else. Smile

Just one short sleeved t-shirt for me.

Lordbroll wrote:
Might try to add the word "informational" in the forum description - just a thought.

I like this suggestion as well.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 1:36 pm

i like the color of the shirt
i like Vals 2nd paw print better, the U part of the address might work but would it make it harder to read?
"A fun, friendly, informational online forum for husky owners." like that idea
and i would get a tee and maybe one for ken

Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 2:16 pm

Draft Round 2:

I chose a lighter gray because I changed the t-shirt to a 50/50 cotton/poly blend to save on costs and this gray was available. I could go back to the darker grey, but I think this lightens the shirt up a bit.

AS IS....the cost would be $20/shirt to get them shipped to me. IF we want to donate money, the cost to you all would probably be around $30/shirt so we can get about $5/shirt donation in there HOWEVER, if we order 30 shirts, the cost goes down to a more reasonable $15/shirt, making the cost to you (once you add in the cost of my shipping) $25/shirt which I think is more doable.

Because of the logo color, $15/shirt is as cheap as I can find, but again, that means we'd have to order 30 shirts. I can email the company to see how much it would go down if we took out 1 layer of color in the logo (probably the green of the grass) if you are all interested.

Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 Front11
Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 Back11
Changed to "A fun, friendly and information online forum for husky owners."

ETA: The price will drop by about $5/shirt if we take away the green of the grass on the back logo, which I don't think is a big deal. I would really like to not go over $25/shirt.

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 2:31 pm

Tori,
Love it! i say get 30 shirts whos to say some will not want to buy it later? you can offer it as a side option to buy maybe on the main page? i think we need to keep the green grass i like how it pops.

Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 2:32 pm

jbealer wrote:
Tori,
Love it! i say get 30 shirts whos to say some will not want to buy it later? you can offer it as a side option to buy maybe on the main page? i think we need to keep the green grass i like how it pops.
I wouldn't mind, but that means that I am fronting a lot of money that I don't really have to front...

Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 2:55 pm

I love it Tori! And I think it'll look great even without the green...it's so minor anyway!

What's the current shirt count so far?

Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 3:03 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
What's the current shirt count so far?
Just looking at the postings here... we have about 15 including the members who said they'd get 2.

Back to top Go down
Dee&Frankie
Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 3:05 pm

I love it. Count me in for one!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 3:41 pm

I love it!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 3:45 pm

What we can do is if I can get 30 t-shirts ordered and paid for, we can keep the green. Otherwise, I say we get rid of the green to keep the shirts at $25 each.

Unless people are really willing to pay $30 a shirt... but I just don't see that happening....

Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 3:51 pm

Can live without the grass for the additional $5. I do like the original color just slightly better but can do either, just think the original sets off the logo a little better. Love the new paw print. Can go either way on the curved web address.

Still in for 2 shirts.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 3:54 pm

jbealer wrote:
Tori,

Jenn - would you want to 'sell' it at the meet-ups?

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 3:58 pm

I agree with Jen that the grass does make it pop, but then again it's not that much grass to pay the additional $5 for the green. I mean in reality it's only $5 more, but $25 does SOUND better than $30.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 4:07 pm

Has anyone every used Cafepress before for t-shirts? Their prices are much more competitive, but I've never used them and I fear for the quality. The company I'm getting my quotes from is one that I've used before and trust, so I'm wary to use CafePress without knowing someone who's had a good experience.

CafePress would also not have the curved address on the front. It would have to be straight. But everything else would be roughly the same.

ETA: For those who'd want tanks, we can easily do them on CafePress for $20/shirt.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: It's A Husky Thing :: Announcements-