It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN!   Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 12:25 pm

Wow... I don't know! I think I might stay home. My hubby swells like that with bee stings and until both me and my kids got stung, I thought swelling was normal. The site can be red and hurting, but should have minimal swelling. I wonder if this indicates that he has an allergy to bee stings like we humans can have. Being in the mouth area with the fear of swelling his throat shut is what has me most concerned....
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN!   Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 12:30 pm

the fact that things are still swelling up and in the mouth area i think i might stay home if it were one of our 2. could you take the friend out at a later date just the 2 of you for her b-day? poor dakota, did i happen on your walk or in the yard? if in your yard you might want to have someone come out and get rid of those buggers.

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN!   Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 12:35 pm

Okay, I was leaning toward staying home already but your responses make me feel even better with that decision. I would feel horrible if he got worse and I wasn't here to be able to take him to the vet if necessary. Decision is made, I'm staying home. Thanks for your quick advice everyone! I know that if I had gone I would be worried sick the whole time.

I need to call my friend and let her know I won't make it so she can come pick up the birthday girl's gift, I'll post more in a bit regarding the bee situation after she picks up the presents.

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN!   Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 1:32 pm

Ironically I took a video with my phone of Dakota chasing bees in the yard this morning. He does this every time we go outside since the bees are all over our backyard.

This is what landed him in the predicament he's in right now:

He climbed the stairs about 30 minutes ago and zigzagged the whole way up, NOT normal for him. He goes up the stairs many times a day fast and slow and he always goes up straight. He has not lifted his head up all day. I took him out to potty and he did his business and came straight back in, again that is not like him at all. I gave him a really tiny soft meaty treat and he ate it without trouble. He has tried to get a drink of water twice but swallowing still seems to be causing discomfort. He still seems to be thirsty but that involves swallowing which seems to be hurting him. Neutral I wish I could make it all better for him.

And we have tons of bees in our backyard, they are literally everywhere and we've got everything from bees to wasps to bumblebees all over the place flying from blade to blade of grass. You cannot got out into the yard without being surrounded by bees. And it's not just our yard, it's EVERYONE'S yard. They are literally everywhere. No

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN!   Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 1:54 pm

well i hope Dakota learned his lesson. was he eating them? have you called the vet?

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN!   Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 2:03 pm

It looks like he was eating them but I'm not 100% sure. I have not called the vet yet, I was waiting to see if he'd start showing some improvement by afternoon. He's sleeping at my feet this very moment.

Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN!   Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 2:47 pm

Huskyluv wrote:

He climbed the stairs about 30 minutes ago and zigzagged the whole way up, NOT normal for him. He goes up the stairs many times a day fast and slow and he always goes up straight. He has not lifted his head up all day. I took him out to potty and he did his business and came straight back in, again that is not like him at all. I gave him a really tiny soft meaty treat and he ate it without trouble. He has tried to get a drink of water twice but swallowing still seems to be causing discomfort.

He may be a little "drunk" from the Benadryl... drunken
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN!   Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 3:30 pm

Lol I think that might be it Lisa!

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN!   Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:27 pm

I do hope he gets better!....poor Dakota.

If you didn't preface the video, I'd be giggling, thinking, 'What is that dog doing??' Smile

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN!   Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:52 pm

Good news! Dakota finally started acting normal around 4 pm. He ate his dinner and drank water with no trouble. I'm so happy he's feeling better and the swelling has gone down too. Smile

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN!   Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:59 pm

Yay!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN!   Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:53 pm

I'm SO relieved he's feeling better!!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN!   Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:09 am

Oh thank goodness that you posted this Val. Mr. Kody found a half way dead bee in the yard this morning and decided to try and eat it. I was like "hmmm, what's he messing with?" because he would pick it up, shake his head, and drop it. I pulled him away immediately, but I think it stung him a bit. He ate his food, but keeps licking his mouth and won't really let me touch it. If it wouldn't have been for this post I would have been FREAKING out!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN!   Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:38 am

Aww, I hope Kody is okay! Is there any swelling or is he showing any other signs of discomfort?

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN!   Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:52 am

There isn't any swelling that you can tell from the outside and he won't let me lift that side of his lip Rolling Eyes He normally immediately gives you kisses when you ask him, but hubby asked him and it took a few times for him do it. I can't wait to get home to check on him. I think he's ok, but still. I wish I could have worked from home today!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN!   Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dakota got stung by a bee...AGAIN!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2