It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Peeing in the house.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ash_man2k18
Newborn
Newborn

Peeing in the house. Empty
PostSubject: Peeing in the house.   Peeing in the house. EmptyFri Dec 15, 2023 11:48 pm

I have a 3 year old husky named Echo. Every so often he will pee in the house mainly targeting the laundry room, hallway and sometimes my daughter's bedrooms. One thing that has happened is I was deployed overseas about 3 months ago and won't be back for quite a while. Is there any advice to give for my wife so he stops doing what he's doing?
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Peeing in the house.   Peeing in the house. EmptySat Dec 16, 2023 5:18 am

I would like to say i had this issue but actually to still have it to extent. It is solved by keeping squirt contained. And i dont mean crated. She is in a approximately 6x8 area when she isn't with me directly. 

I would also say invest in natures miracle. I like the advanced and i have put it in a steam cleaner before.  We did have a problem with spider doing it but it mostly stopped when we got rid of the carpet.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Peeing in the house.   Peeing in the house. EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 10:52 am

She could go back to the basics of house training. Make him go out ever so often and if he's doing this in the house when she's home then he may need to be leashed and followed for quick corrections. If he's doing it while gone then close off all spaces so he doesn't have access, which is also an option when home. I am the main care giver for all my dogs so when I'm away for an extended period of time my husband struggles to get them to go out for him which results in going in the house. He tries to keep them as close to the routine that I have with them and he ultimately has to force them to do what he wants them to do and retrain them so that they know he too can a part of their needs. That said, some dogs are just brats and act out when their routine has been changed and you have to lay down the law with them about how things are going to be after that change.

Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Peeing in the house.   Peeing in the house. EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 2:41 pm

Is he neutered? If not, he may be marking territory rather than peeing to relieve himself. I would suggest networking if not. Will likely take several months after neutering to reduce the behavior if it is marking. Nature's miracle will help. As well reducing his freedom in the house, either by baby gates, closed doors or leashing. A week or two of concentrated training, keeping him in sight at all times with an immediate loud "NO" at the first lift of a leg or squat should help. Or a loud, obnoxious distracting noise - air horn, blast of compressed air can ( like used to clean computers or keyboards). I used to use a very loud, obnoxious blatt using my voice on an EHHH! Kind of way. The key is timing the correction to the first hint before he finishes peeing or marking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peeing in the house.   Peeing in the house. Empty

Back to top Go down

Peeing in the house.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1