It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Sleeping Arrangements

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

Sleeping Arrangements - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleeping Arrangements   Sleeping Arrangements - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 9:56 pm

KotaBear wrote:

Since we got Skyler Friday our sleeping arrangements have been slightly messed up. Since Kota and Skyler both INSIST being on the bed all night and that we only have a queen size bed, its getting a little crowded. My husband just wants us to start making them sleep on the floor but I think I am just going to get a bigger bed since we need a new bed anyways.

That was our solution when we got Kody. Just bought a king Razz However, since Mya has been sleeping on her bed right next to me. Asia alternates between her bed and ours, but mostly hers. Mya only jumps on in the mornings or sometimes in the middle of the night. Now Kody, he's a bed hog!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping Arrangements   Sleeping Arrangements - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:03 pm

skyclimb wrote:
I would rather him not sleep in the bathroom. What could be a good alternative besides closing the door. Since he sometimes will jump at the door.
Thanks

you can put a baby gate up at the bathroom so he does not jump on the door, they do sell dog beds with cooling gel in them i think, you could try that. or do a small section of tile on your floor in the bedroom for him to sleep on...

we got our king bed in aug, sierra STILL sleeps between kens legs!!! Jack has been laying on his bed on my side. so i have plenty of room now Razz i love our king bed!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping Arrangements   Sleeping Arrangements - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:04 pm

jbealer wrote:

we got our king bed in aug, sierra STILL sleeps between kens legs!!! Jack has been laying on his bed on my side. so i have plenty of room now Razz i love our king bed!

Jealous! Kody sleeps in between my legs and hubby has all of the extra room!
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping Arrangements   Sleeping Arrangements - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:35 pm

Anna usually lays next to me for awhile on my boyfriend's pillow until I start moving then she goes and lays on our bathroom floor. I have no problem with her sleeping in the bathroom. Our only problem was she would shut herself in. We finally fixed that by putting something in the doorway to stop the door from closing. We also had the problem of her jumping in the bathtub and knocking everything off the tub. Thankfully she will not jump in the tub if the shower curtain is closed. She also likes to sleep under the bed but she is getting kinda big for that as our bed is low. But sometimes she will lay under either my side or my boyfriend's with her legs sticking out.

Sleeping Arrangements - Page 2 2a86900b95a96ed53c0655d408a1f237_zps3f842548

Sleeping Arrangements - Page 2 Ff09311aa3c7516330d1ea654d57c79a_zps82719bf9
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

Female Join date : 2012-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping Arrangements   Sleeping Arrangements - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 11:54 pm

Snows favorite place is curled up on my side of the bed between me and the edge...my husband doesn't like her on the bed so she learned to just stay by me. now that I'm getting bigger pregnant she is seriously better than any body pillow or pregnancy pillow to cuddle with haha
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping Arrangements   Sleeping Arrangements - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:14 am

Mine used to sleep on the bed with me but when I had my sons dog as well.....well there was no room left so I got them all there own bed and made them start sleeping on them on the floor. I thought about letting my two back into the bed once Piper moved out with my son but I do believe I enjoy hair free blankets! Now my two share the king size Kong dog bed. It's cute seeing them snuggle together.
Back to top Go down
itsjosieb
Teenager
Teenager
itsjosieb

Female Join date : 2012-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping Arrangements   Sleeping Arrangements - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 2:18 am

Ezio only slept in bed with us when we were staying in a hotel. I think he realizes our Queen sized bed isn't big enough for all three of us. Razz

Sleeping Arrangements - Page 2 Hotel
He also realized he loves to get under the bed in hotels!

Now he usually sleeps on his bed downstairs, the cold tile by the front door, or by the couch with his head underneath.

Sleeping Arrangements - Page 2 33
Like this! (although this is him under our bed, haha)
Back to top Go down
capblossoms
Teenager
Teenager
capblossoms

Female Join date : 2011-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping Arrangements   Sleeping Arrangements - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 3:49 am

Dante and Kaiser will sleep at the foot of the bed, or next to the bed on whatever side I'm sleeping on. However, when my husband leaves in the morning, Dante is THERE! He crawls up in bed with me and cuddles up. Kaiser is the oddball. He will get up on the bed and cuddle, but never seems to get comfortable, so after about 20 minutes of him relocating every few minutes, he jumps down. Seems he prefers the floor to the bed.
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping Arrangements   Sleeping Arrangements - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 11:11 am

Lucian sleeps in my kitchen at night. Either in his crate, or on the floor next to his toys. He's not allowed upstairs since my one cat hates him, and does nothing but growl, and hiss at him. So upstairs is cat territory. Both my cats try to sleep on the bed, but hubby usually kicks them off, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping Arrangements   Sleeping Arrangements - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sleeping Arrangements

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2