It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
CrazyDogs
Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2011-06-03

Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11   Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 3:49 pm

Kristina- That is them. And I am not offended at all by any of your comments. I'm actually very interested now. I'll see if I can find pictures of his mom/dad and post them and see what you all think of them. And I don't think you were stepping out of line at all researching the kennel I got him from. I know they don't have a website, it was purely by accident that I found her.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11   Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 3:55 pm

Ashley, he may in fact be full Siberian just not bred very well. Pictures of his parents may help but as he gets older you'll have a more reliable idea.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11   Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 4:01 pm

I'm so glad you took what I said well! I am use to people replying with spite and trying to rip me a new one, lol! You are right though, it's all about how good of a pup he is, purebreds are not the key to the perfect pet. Smile Weird though that they ask you to register them even if you don't plan to show or breed though.

But I don't see how he could be a just 'badly bred sibe' either. I've seen the weirdest, poorest bred sibes and they just look weird as can be, not like mixes. Did you see his parents in person?

And Kristina, with Mickey, it isn't like he is off looking at all- his structure is spon on, he just has a super rare coloring! I <3 Mickey!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11   Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 4:03 pm

Kristina is lucky I don't live in Florida... cause I would totally steal Mickey in a heartbeat Razz

Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11 - Page 2 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
CrazyDogs
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11   Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 4:03 pm

Ya I know that, I was just wondering what you guys thought about his parents. I'm finding this very interesting and learning. I like learning new things Smile.
Here's his dad & grandpa. His dad is on the right and grandpa on the left-
Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11 - Page 2 18567610
Here's his momma-
Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11 - Page 2 14989910
Back to top Go down
CrazyDogs
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11   Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 4:07 pm

I met his mom, his dad, and his dad's parents.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11   Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 4:10 pm

Honestly, his mom looks horribly bred - ears, the eyes look oddly placed, snout looks off, and her hair type does not look very huskylike which I also "see" in the photos of of Ghost. I do think she could have some slight GSD in her and it maybe just turn out more in Ghost. She also looks really lanky and not in a working dog sense. Dad and grandpa I can't comment on from that distance, just can tell their ears are not set right and look shorter.

If they are full huskies, they definitely should not have been bred, neither are close to standard whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11   Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 4:14 pm

Wow, I want his daddy! They look Husky enough for me, not the greatest stock by any means... But Ghost is probably all Husky.

In the end it doesn't matter really. Ghost has a good family with you guys.

And you guys would have to beat me up and then beat the rest of the Huskies up to get my Moose. He's a sissy mommys boy anyway Smile

Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11   Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 4:16 pm

arooroomom wrote:

And you guys would have to beat me up and then beat the rest of the Huskies up to get my Moose. He's a sissy mommys boy anyway Smile

Awww Mickey, he really is such a sweetie! I love you Even let mean ol Mya snap at him over the water. He's such a good boy!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11   Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 4:17 pm

I've always been secretly in love with Mickey. I guess the secret is out now. He's one of my very favorites on ALL the husky forums I love you

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11   Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 4:18 pm

arooroomom wrote:

I'm on my way with a bat and broom!
Back to top Go down
CrazyDogs
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11   Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 4:26 pm

Hahahaha you guys are too funny. here's a better picture of the mom and dad. It has been (badly) edited to protect the innocent Smile
Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11 - Page 2 26623_10
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11   Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 4:28 pm

CrazyDogs wrote:
Ya I know that, I was just wondering what you guys thought about his parents. I'm finding this very interesting and learning. I like learning new things Smile.
Here's his dad & grandpa. His dad is on the right and grandpa on the left-
Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11 - Page 2 18567610

He's gorgeous no matter what! Smile

I wonder the same thing about our Chili - just poor breeding or tiny bit of GSD somewhere in the past - cuz he's huge and his head kinda COULD look GSD. I don't think there's any mal in him, despite his size.

The dad pic is interesting, because we almost adopted a sibe from a shelter that looked almost exactly like that. One of the rescues here remarked that she wasn't 100% sibe based on the pics...definitely had some white GSD in there. Because of what the head looked like...

I'd love to do a DNA test just for fun!
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11   Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 4:33 pm

Facial structure probably came from the Dad, they look alike.

Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11   Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 4:40 pm

I'm honestly leaning more towards poorly bred at this point. Neither parent should have been bred according to husky standards. Both parents just look "off" to me. Can't put my finger on what or why, but they do.

From the edited picture though, I can definitely see Ghost's lineage in both his parents.

Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11   Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 4:45 pm

When we got Delilah we had no papers. Nothing to say she was 100% husky. So I sent in photos to akc. She fit the breed standard perfectly. She is a husky alright. It never mattered to me, I love her anyway. But now we know Smile we actually think she is one of the puppies from a litter that was stolen in her area and someone found her as a stra pup and we got lucky.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2

PostSubject: Re: Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11   Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 5:53 pm

From that pic of mom and dad together, dad's head is more Akita shaped to me. Koda's friend, Red, has the same head shape and I always thought he was husky/akita or something (photo: http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/249321_1456683753793_1734347820_695578_1406297_n.jpg). But she got a test done on him and he was husky/GSD/collie.
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11   Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:08 pm

Koda wrote:
I've always been secretly in love with Mickey. I guess the secret is out now. He's one of my very favorites on ALL the husky forums I love you

Me too! I've always wanted a black and tan. I agree that while his parents are not great examples of the breed standard, he probably is still all husky. I love his color. My first husky was almost solid tan. I love the rare husky colors. Kitty's mom is a really cool color, she is almost solid brown/red! If you want to see a few pics of some unusually colored dogs, look up her kennel, Aoi Kita Kaze Siberians.

Congratulations either way, he will have an awesome home with you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CrazyDogs
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11   Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 11:15 pm

Thanks, I think he's going to be beautiful also no matter what. And we will love him and take care of him the same. It doesn't matter to us, if we were planning on showing/breeding or something like that it would probably be different and I would have probably known a LOT more about breed standard but we're not and we're going to do everything we can to make him a great member of our family.

Melissa- They sure do have unique coloring, I love it!

Last edited by CrazyDogs on Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11   Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 11:18 pm

He will be Smile

Back to top Go down
CrazyDogs
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11   Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 12:52 am

Demon & Ghost killing each other...ahem...I mean "playing" Very Happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk9FKsSAZ7I
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11   Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 10:17 am

Awww, ghost is a tough cookie. He doesn't take anything from Demon, huh? LOL! I would be freaking out when Demon pins him like that. It took me a while to get used to Mya doing that to Kody when he was smaller..haha
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11   Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 11:39 am

At :14 I think I would have even stepped in and made them relax. A squealing puppy should mean take a break to Demon. Maybe it's just the kids in the background (I think that's a kid making noises?) but you want to make sure Demon isn't actually hurting Ghost or at least pushing him beyond a point where he's comfortable. It doesn't happen in the rest of the video though.

Back to top Go down
CrazyDogs
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11   Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:04 pm

Ghost is a tough little guy and he doesn't take anything from Demon, especially since he's the one who 90% of the time starts it. He likes to wait until Demon is laying down then pounces on him and won't stop biting his ears, face, neck until Demon will play with him. Before I started recording Demon was getting ready to lay down and Ghost ran under him and took the spot under my feet before Demon could, that's why Ghost was pinned down at the beginning.
Yes, that first second or two that sounds like Ghost squealing is my 3 yo daughter in the background. If Demon makes him squeal for more than a few seconds I step in. I would never let Demon hurt him, but they do tend to play hard and make lots of noise.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11   Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 6:43 pm

That's what I thought but just wanted to make sure. Mishka had a bad experience with other dogs when she was younger (before I got her) and it was a serious PITA to work through it. Even now sometimes she's a little iffy if they get too rough.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11   Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Demon and Ghost Updated 8/11

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next