It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Who gets more attention?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

Who gets more attention? Empty
PostSubject: Who gets more attention?   Who gets more attention? EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 10:55 pm

For all of you with more than one husky. Which one of your furbabies gets more attention from random people?

I obviously think that both of my babies are gorgeous, but I always thought that once Kody got bigger that he would get more attention than Mya. Nope, totally not the case. When walking them alone....i get stopped for Mya at least 5 times in a 20min walk. With Kody it's maybe 2 times. Everybody has something to do with Mya and she loves it, but seriously Kody is so cute!

While walking them together I've even had people tell me that Mya has something "unique". It's funny how people react.

Which one of your babies gets the most attention?
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Who gets more attention?   Who gets more attention? EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 11:25 pm

Luka hands down! Everyone comments on how beautiful Luka is. It is very rare when someone compliments Kitty Sad They either compliment Lu and say nothing about Kitty, or after complimenting Lu, they ask what kind of dog Kitty is. Poor Kat never gets any love, except for the true siberian enthusiast that recognizes her rare color.

I would have guessed Kody would have been the attention getter of your two! Mya must just know how to work that girl magic!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Who gets more attention?   Who gets more attention? EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 11:43 pm

At the pet expo jack got more attention but he was talking up a storm! But I think its a close tie other times

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Who gets more attention?   Who gets more attention? EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 11:47 pm

Awww poor Kitty Sad I think she's beautiful! So is Luka, but Kitty is definitely different and has has the sweetest face!

The thing with Mya is that she melts the second anybody just glances at her. Ears down, tail wagging, and totally going up to people to say hello. Before she even gets to that stage people are all ready intrigued by her though.

Kody says hello also, but he's not very well mannered so he just jumps on people Rolling Eyes Trying to work on that!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Who gets more attention?   Who gets more attention? EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 11:51 pm

Dakota used to always get tons of attention but Willow seems to be stealing the show. I'm sure alot of it has been because she is a puppy and is just now looking like an adult. But now that she is older looking, I get alot of compliments on her coloring. I have never seen a red/white husky around this area, ever, so I'm thinking that's why she stands out more. However, people always call her brown. I don't correct them but I want to say she is chocolate/copper not brown! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who gets more attention?   Who gets more attention? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 12:43 am

Even with Rogue being a baby, they get equal attention. Both are really friendly and like soaking up some attention, and then they both are really to move on. Especially Koda, I think he has gotten so much attention the past 3 years he gets his fix quick, lol.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Who gets more attention?   Who gets more attention? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 2:41 am

mine usually both get the same amount of attention. when we're at public events with them though, and i have one and my bf has the other, Embry usually get's more lady attention Wink hah it's so cute though he totally loves it! he rolls on his belly and expects belly rubs vs. zoey who wants to jump on you and knock you over and smother you in kisses Smile
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Who gets more attention?   Who gets more attention? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 10:40 am

Jennet&Embry wrote:
he rolls on his belly and expects belly rubs vs. zoey who wants to jump on you and knock you over and smother you in kisses Smile

Haha!! Mya expects belly rubs too and Kody wants to knock you over with kisses...LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Who gets more attention?   Who gets more attention? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 10:49 am

Hailey. She asks for it though. She rolls over on her back for anyone.

Who gets more attention? Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Dee&Frankie
Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Who gets more attention?   Who gets more attention? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 11:17 am

Well I only have the one, but he is quite the attention getter. He gets soooooo much attention that people we see frequently don't recognize me without him present.

I stopped to talk to one of my neighbors once and he was like "do I know you?"..........Ummm we've talked several times while I was out walking my dog, you know Frankie. "Oh yeah, Frankie! where is he"
Even the nursing home staff didn't know who I was without him confused

Now when Frankie and my son are together, my son gets a little jealous of all of the attention Frankie gets because he's use to being the center of attention. So between my son and my dog, I swear people hardly know I exist, lol.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Who gets more attention?   Who gets more attention? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 11:34 am

I only have one sibe also but when I walk all 3 of my dogs together you better believe my sibe is ALWAYS the one getting all the attention and compliments...naturally! Very Happy

Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Who gets more attention?   Who gets more attention? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 11:47 am

26nikita wrote:
I have never seen a red/white husky around this area, ever, so I'm thinking that's why she stands out more. However, people always call her brown. I don't correct them but I want to say she is chocolate/copper not brown! Very Happy

Me too!

Chili gets the attention, because of his color and his size! Usually we get "Beautiful dog!" Now that we have Frosti, they start to recognize that he's a husky but before that they would ask "Akita?" or "Part Wolf?". hehe One guy admired him for an extended period of time but declined petting him saying "Nah, nah, nah. That's cool - I know pit bulls but I'm afraid to pet him!" Laughing

Chili looooves human attention but most people are afraid of him. My husband noted yesterday that his paws are the same size as my hands (without thumbs, cuz he doesn't have any either!).

Frosti gets more getting cuz she's a cuddle bug and tiny. Look at her face in my signature and you can see why she gets petted more. Laughing
Back to top Go down
CrazyDogs
Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2011-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Who gets more attention?   Who gets more attention? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 12:40 pm

Ghost, but he is a puppy so that's just natural for right now. They have totally different personalities so it'll be interesting to see who gets more attention when Ghost is fully grown. I think it will still be ghost, I haven't seen any white sibes around here and huskys are pretty common in my area.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Who gets more attention?   Who gets more attention? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 4:13 pm

Our female dogs seem to be little sluts lol!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Who gets more attention?   Who gets more attention? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 4:45 pm

MelissaI wrote:
Our female dogs seem to be little sluts lol!

No idea what you're talking about. lol!

Who gets more attention? Photo%2525289%252529
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Who gets more attention?   Who gets more attention? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 4:48 pm

AHA Frosti was caught in slutty action!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Who gets more attention?   Who gets more attention? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 9:11 pm

I've been seen about town so much with Adobo & Biko its hard to decide who is more popular. I can definitively say it isn't me though for if I walk alone no one has a clue to who I am. Even the village police acknowledge me when the dogs are with me. I could rob the bank and no one would have a clue it was me.
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Who gets more attention?   Who gets more attention? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 10:08 pm

I'd have to say Dakota gets more attention but that's only because SHE demands it. She'll get right in your face if you're not paying attention to her. Demon could care less until someone actually starts petting him. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who gets more attention?   Who gets more attention? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who gets more attention?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1