It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

I need help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

I need help! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 3:28 pm

Thanks for that tip Len!

I got my sorry ass out of bed at 6:30 this morning (Ghost actually let me sleep!) and did 40 miles on the bike with Aaron and his dad. The weather was perfect, and we rode through Louisiana bayou country which was quite pretty. I think we're going to ride the levee tomorrow, which is another 25 or so.

Now off to show Aaron's dad (private pilot) how a real pilot flies Cool

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

I need help! - Page 3 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 10:01 am

You'd think that after a 62 mile weekend on the road bike is have done ok, but no, stepped on the scale this morning and there was a bit of a gain. We did travel and did eat out a couple times, but generally wasn't bad with the food. Had a few beers on Saturday, but it wasn't excessive. I think I might have to start giving you guys a beer count or something to keep myself in check. I'll be out of this block of flight some and back in the plane later this week, so that in of itself will curtail the drinking.12 hours bottle to preflight...

I think this is the result of my last tour, where I was almost never allowed to drink because of the nature of our mission. Now that I have a little freedom I've gone a little nuts with it. Time to scale back...

So for the numbers: Sep 19 - 208.8

Tonight is karate night for workouts.

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 5:18 pm

I flew for the first time in about 3 weeks (had been doing ground school and simulator work), and my anti-g suit is loose Very Happy For background, it is basically a pair of chaps that has air bladders in it with another bladder over the abdomen area and inflates when you start pulling g's in an airplane. It's custom fitted to the pilot, and supposed to be fairly snug. Pleasant little surprise this morning Cool

After the weekend's shenanigans and nasty weigh in on Monday, I've been hovering right around 203. I suspect I'm gaining some muscle back and losing a bit of fat. Here's to a little bit of motivation!

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 5:31 pm

nothing like lose clothes to put you in a good mood!!! now behave over the weekend Wink great work!

Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 6:31 pm

I'll behave... Razz Going out for sushi and a drink or 2 for a friend's birthday, then LOTS of time on the bikes this weekend. I found a bunch of mountain bike races up in Alabama so I'm motivated to train again.

Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 7:42 pm

Well, since for the foreseeable future the only exercise I will be getting consists of lifting a remote or manipulating an XBox controller (guitar hero is a good workout, dammit!), or maybe the occasional beer curl, I am cracking down big time.

The last time I weighed myself was Monday, and I'd either dropped a few lbs or really managed to limit the weekend weight gain, because I clocked in at 204 even. I'm a little afraid to step on the scale now, since I haven't worked out since then. So here goes a diet of cottage cheese and tuna for at least a couple weeks. I'm also finding that I really need to make a conscious effort to get enough water, since I'm not sweating out gallons a day in the airplane. I think I should buy stock in Crystal Light, because sometimes thats what it takes for me to get enough water.

I'm going to hold off on any exercise for at least a few days, probably until I get my appointment with orthopedics, and then I'll start swimming again. Here's to not letting my weight absolutely balloon! Navy height and weight checks are in 9 weeks...

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 1:02 pm

skip the Crystal Light and go get Nuun tablets! so much better for you. http://www.nuun.com/#/?exn=whatisnuun

i have found it at the food stores, REI and sports stores. got to shop for a good price but $5.99 seems to be the norm. i use half a tab in my 17oz water bottle.
just watch your food while your laid up and the weight should not be a huge deal.

Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 1:47 pm

I've tried the Nuun tablets before and didn't particularly care for them. Might have just been the flavor I tried, as they were giving away little samples at a bike race I did last summer. I'll keep my eyes open around town here, but unfortunately we don't have any decent stores like Whole Foods. Publix is really good though, and I do have to swing by there later. We also don't have REI anywhere near us. NW Florida just isn't that sophisticated Razz

I'm really cutting back and being careful about what I eat, and hopefully I'll be able to keep ahead of things. I was told to not even swim for a while Crying or Very sad

But, I stepped on the scale this morning and was at 202.2 Smile

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:07 pm

for the Nuun i like the strawberry lemonade, tropical, tri-berry, orange, and lemon lime. i don't like strong flavors so half a tab does it for me in a water bottle. maybe it was to strong or not strong enough for you? the crystal light i could only use a little bit of it as the whole packet was to strong for me. good job on the loss!

Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:12 pm

They were giving out samples of the lemon lime at that race. I like things to be a little stronger on the flavor, so who knows. I had a tab that I threw in a bike bottle so it may not have been enough for the amount of water in the bottle. I really like the Camelback electrolyte tabs, but those are only appropriate if I'm outside sweating my ass off on the bike. I'll keep experimenting and see what I like.

And, thanks Smile

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:18 pm

hey got to do what you got to do to get that water in! i like the nuun for all the added stuff it gives you vs the crystal light. i have no issue drinking water and that can be my main drink all day long. i start the morning with the nuun then have plan water the rest of the day and by like 5pm i have a zero cal vit. water as a pick me up (again has the added good stuff in it). then its back to water.
not a drinker so booze is not an issue and no coffee and maybe if im not lazy i will brew tea, maybe once a week i have a zero cal cherry 7 up or out to eat i do ice tea.

Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:25 pm

Yeah, I've just picked up some really bad habits over the last few years that I'm trying to change. For me, I would drink a crap ton of diet soda to get me through 10-12 hour mission flights and now that I'm not doing it I still automatically grab for a soda before anything else. I'm really trying not to keep stuff like that in the house, and I do a good job of staying away from Aaron's mountain dews. I still crave the sweet stuff though, so I'm trying to transition and still get a little sweet.

As for the beer, I love that I can now brew my own, but God is it bad for me! Razz I think I'm finally getting past that "oh my God I can finally drink again!" feeling, because I don't feel like I have to have one at dinner anymore.

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:54 pm

since its brew fest in denver they had a guy on the radio and i guess it is a proven thing that 2 beers for men and one beer for the ladies a day is good for the heart and other things so just keep it to one beer at dinner Smile and you can still do the dew but maybe every other day have one. cutting cold turkey is good for some but others its better to just be aware of what your drinking/eating and just slowly cut it out till your not missing it any more, or it becomes a treat and not a need. you will get there Smile

Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 5:13 pm

I'm still hovering right at that 202 mark, which isn't bad considering the most strenuous thing I've done in the last 3 weeks was walk up a flight of stairs to my office. At least I haven't gained any.

So, since accountability seems to be my problem (well that and the crap that Aaron likes to call a good meal), I've gone ahead and joined weight watchers. My sister has been pestering me about it, and has dropped at least 2 dress sizes since starting earlier this summer. And that's post baby weight she's losing. So, we'll give it a whirl and see how it goes. Maybe since I'm paying money into it I'll do a little better. I can't wait til I can work out again...

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 1:19 pm

i did weight watchers back in collage and had good results, got all the info from my moms coworker that stopped doing it so i did not pay a thing. good luck, food is the biggest issue always.

Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 11:28 am

Thought I'd do a little check in and report that even though I partied quite hard and ate like crap on Saturday, I am now consistently below 200. I dropped a few, and then rebounded after Saturday's debauchery and came in at 199.8 today. All bets are off for tonight though, I think I'm making Aaron go get me Chinese food.

Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 12:42 pm

Assuming my splint weighs about 2 lbs, I'm down to 196.6 and I've lost an inch off both my hips and waist. I think part of it is that I just haven't been very hungry for the last week, but I have exercised a fair bit discipline.

Between you guys and weight watchers, I'm able to hold myself accountable. Thanks!

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:00 pm

great job! keep it up.

Adult
Adult
libbybell74

Female Join date : 2011-10-06

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:03 pm

Confgrats on the weight loss. I also started dieting and exercise about 2 weeks ago and have been good so far. It just really sucks when I am exhausted from work and dont fee like making anything healthy. I make myself get up early and eat breakfast (which I never did before) and exercise for 20 minutes. Then i pack a few healthy snacks and when I get home from work I eat dinner ( try Jenni O turkey burgers they are great) take Libby for a 20-30 minutes speed walk and then try and go on my XL glider for 20minutes. I have lost almost 10 pounds so far. Need to lose another 30 at least but it has gotten me more motivated. Keep it up!!! Ghost will love the walks when your all healed. At least the weather is better down in Florida that what we are getting into here in Wisconsin. It was a very cold wet and windy walk yesterday.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 3:19 pm

AAAHHH!!! Who knew a weekend could be so bad!!! Between my Grandmom's birthday party, a birthday cake for me, and the wedding shower, I gained 5 lbs and an inch on both my waist and hips! Ugh, I didn't even eat that much because I didn't feel well most of the weekend. Here's to nothing but salad for the next week...

I'm still under 200 assuming my cast weighs 3 lbs (that's as close as I can figure)... 199.2

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 3:27 pm

Meredith, i feel your pain, after back to back weekends with Lindsay i needed to control myself this weekend and regain where i need to be, i lost 1lb and have 3 more to go! be glad you enjoyed your time away and know that if you get back on track it will fall back off. im DREADING going home for 7 days and what the scale might say! we do need to enjoy our life still and its about staying on top of whats important.

Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 3:30 pm

Yeah, I'm just frustrated because I know I have to stand on a scale for the Navy soon. Don't know when, but it will be soon. I think the squadron is doing their PT test later this week which I'm waived from, but I still have to weigh in. I have a very high chance of failing unless whoever has the tape measure is nice to me. I need to lose a couple inches off my waist and an inch and a half off my hips asap. I think I can do it, but it's not going to be pleasant.

Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 4:45 pm

193 today, again, assuming 3 lbs for the cast. After Thursday I should have the removable boot, so no more guesswork. I just have another weekend of partying coming up, so I need to be really careful. I've lost an inch on the waist and 2 around my butt, so I'm getting into the range where I'll pass the weight check. I need to shoot the guy an email and see about coming in to do it. Maybe if I can shave a little off and convince him to fudge a little because I can't stand up straight I won't have any problems, then I can relax a little about this weekend.

Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 1:50 pm

I ordered a couple pairs of jeans a while back from Eddie Bauer (love their stuff), and when they arrived, one pair fit and the other didn't. They were identical except for the color, so one of them must have been mismarked or something. Anyway, when I first got them, I couldn't even get the one pair all the way on. I decided, on a lark, to see if they fit yet last night when I was getting ready for the shower. Guess what, they fit!!!!! They are still a little snug, but it wasn't like they were totally spackled to my butt and I really didn't have a muffin top Very Happy

That was some much needed encouragement. I really didn't know how my clothes were fitting these days, because I haven't worn anything except gym shorts and tshirts for the last month.

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 2:10 pm

i love EB but some seasons their stuff fits me ok and other it does not. not sure what the deal is at their factory but wish they would figure it out. i went to the one in the mall here to try on some jeans when they were on sale online and the guy told me it would not work cause they are a test store and the fit will not be the same, i was sad.

but back to you! yeah on them fitting and just know you can make them fit better Smile

PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

I need help!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Diet, Exercise & Weight Loss-