It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Calling All Dog Mushers!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Calling All Dog Mushers! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calling All Dog Mushers!   Calling All Dog Mushers! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 2:48 pm

I don't race, but I do enjoy having my pair pull when I head outdoors. They usually pull the kids when we are on local trails or hauling gear (while I'm on snowshoes) when we head up north in winter. It is never serious stuff, but just for fun.
Back to top Go down
Katie Lou
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2012-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Dog Mushers!   Calling All Dog Mushers! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 10:14 pm

Hi there,
Musher from New Zealand here.
Totally addicted to skijoring and proud winner of New Zealand 1 dog skijor nationals last winter (2011) I actually own 3 sibes but one of the team suffered a ligament injury and was out for the season Sad . The other boy is a when the mood suits kind of dog,rather frustrating as when he is on then nothing can catch him. So in the end it was me and my trusty little ginger pixie. That wee girl gave it her all, in training and over the week of racing.
At the end of the day love love love skijoring and the kids LOVE it as well and heck thats all that matters
Back to top Go down
Jupiter
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2011-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Dog Mushers!   Calling All Dog Mushers! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:59 pm

I've been mushing since I was around 9 years old. I have 3 dogs of my own, plus an additional 13 at work. I am a seasonal tour guide, yearling trainer and kennel manager (a.k.a poop-picker-uper) at a wonderful dog sledding facility.

In the warmer seasons, I mostly sprint cani-cross for exercise purposes during the coolest parts of the day (or night, rather). If the weather is appropriate, we'll take out the summer carts and hit trails.

During the fall and winter seasons, the fun begins. We rec. sledge mid-distance, and skijor whenever we have to go into town (trying to save money on gas).

I'd like to become competitive, but that would mean I'd have to replace my beloved [SLOW] Siberians for Alaskans... And I simple do not want to do that.

That's about it.

Back to top Go down
http://lianiofthevalley.webs.com/
SoffiaOsk
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Dog Mushers!   Calling All Dog Mushers! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 8:48 pm

I own 2 purebred Siberian huskies I've owned karma since she was 8 weeks old and started training her in the commands when she was 4-5 months old, she looooves pulling and is the leader in my pack, if someone is not doing they'r job right she growls at them starts to run faster to show them whos the boss.. I got Lupo this summer, he only knew the commands so I had to train him being comfortable pulling bikes, tiers and smal sleds, the ultimate test comes now when the snow comes and í atatch him to the homemade sled, I can't wait !! Very Happy I also use my friends siberian husky, she is Karma's sister, her name is Gyðja (Goddess). she is the goofy one in the group, reeealy energetic but sometimes she does not know what to do with all that energy so she has trouble listening to the command stop.. but she is learning and Karma does not like when she does not take her job seriously and puts her in her place. We are training for a race in mars at mývatn I can't wait, Lupo's mother is last years champion and I'm hoping her boy follows in her footsteps Very Happy

here is my small but wery powerfull team/pack

Gyðja and Lupo bestist friends Very Happy

Calling All Dog Mushers! - Page 2 Dsc06716

Gyðja asking for hotdogs whyle Lupo takes the opportunity and sniffs her but..
Calling All Dog Mushers! - Page 2 Dsc06717

My favorite dogs in the world!
Calling All Dog Mushers! - Page 2 2012-012

Karma pulling my systers kids, she took her time whent slowly and licked some booger of them she is amazing with kids! she obeyed theyr every command but kept looking at me to see if she was doing allright Very Happy
Calling All Dog Mushers! - Page 2 Dsc06718

She was NOT happy leaving the dogpark that day haha Very Happy
Calling All Dog Mushers! - Page 2 Img_2010
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Dog Mushers!   Calling All Dog Mushers! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 9:24 pm

I was looking through the posts and wondering about all the people who I had never seen before.. but then realized it was written a year ago XD I want to get into mushing but poor Yuki is only 5 months old. I have to wait a whole 7 months :[
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Dog Mushers!   Calling All Dog Mushers! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 9:38 pm

Mobezilla wrote:
I was looking through the posts and wondering about all the people who I had never seen before.. but then realized it was written a year ago XD I want to get into mushing but poor Yuki is only 5 months old. I have to wait a whole 7 months :[

You can borrow one of mine. Wink
Back to top Go down
Gunnersmatejmac
Teenager
Teenager
Gunnersmatejmac

Male Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Dog Mushers!   Calling All Dog Mushers! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 10:15 pm

I have just the one husky and we started to bikejor this past fall.
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Dog Mushers!   Calling All Dog Mushers! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 11:08 pm

Currently have 11 dogs in the kennel, running 4 on cart/sled and will be adding my 2 girls near the end of the season to make a 6 dog team Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
agacke
Newborn
Newborn
agacke

Male Join date : 2012-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Dog Mushers!   Calling All Dog Mushers! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 2:59 am

Just one dog and we attempt to bikejore! He also pulled a little sled (not designed for dogs) in the snow recently just for fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Dog Mushers!   Calling All Dog Mushers! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Calling All Dog Mushers!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2