It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag? Empty
PostSubject: Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag?   Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 7:49 pm

When we were out walking this afternoon, someone's dog had got loose and came bounding up to us. We know most of the dogs round here, but we didn't recognize it, so we couldn't take it home. Once we'd managed to get it to stay still, we saw that the dog tag had a phone number on. So we rang the number and it turned out it wasn't from far away and we were able to take it back to its owner.

Our dogs already have three tags - dog licence, rabies tag, microchip tag - and ringing the number on them would put them in touch with either our vet or the microchip company. We don't actually have a tag with our own phone number on. This other dog didn't have any of the tags it's meant to have, just it's own name and phone number. We were able to return him pretty quickly, so it set me wondering if we should put our phone number on a tag? That would make four tags though. [We have already learnt to attach the tags separately so that they can't all ping off at once].

Do you all have your own phone number on your dog, or do you rely on the rabies/microchip/licence tags?
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
toyszruskid
Teenager
Teenager
toyszruskid

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag?   Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 7:57 pm

I have 2 phone numbers on Drogo's tag. I almost put my parents number on there too but I thought that might be overkill lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag?   Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:20 pm

I have my phone numbers on their tags and once we move in February to a house where we plan to live til we move again, I'll be getting the pet license I had for Koda prior to moving(from nitrodog.com) that has your phone # as the "license number" and lists your address like it would on your license. I don't want to wait for a vet or county to get ahold of me, if they can call or bring my dog back to me I want that done ASAP. It's always a HUGE PITA in my opinion when I've found dogs with no numbers for me to personally call and I have to go take them to the vet or HS to find out.

My dogs only wear their ID tag and then their dog license. Dog license proves they have rabies vaccine, and I have paperwork in my car anyways with their vax info. Their microchip # & manufacture is on their ID tag, along with phone #.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag?   Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:23 pm

I have my phone number embroidered on both the collar and leash.

Its backward here but you get the idea.

Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag? Adobo122010

http://www.pettags.com/collars.aspx

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag?   Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:31 pm

we have dogs first and last name as well as my # on the tag along with the denver, rabies, chip tags so 4 tags all together i think!

Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag?   Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:43 pm

Mine have tags with their name, my name, our address, my cell, bfs cell, and our city and zip along with their rabies, city license and dog park license tags.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag?   Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 9:04 pm

I think ours are:

Dog name
My cell
House phone
Plantation, Fl

I find loose/stray dogs all the time. It's so much easier for me to just check the tag and call. The fact is when someone finds a dog, the easier you make it to get the dog back home or at least contact the owners- the better chance you have of getting your dog back. There are plenty of people who wouldn't take the time of day to take the dog to get it's microchip read or look up it's license.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag?   Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 9:15 pm

We might get an extra tag then. I like the idea of having it embroidered on the collar and leash, so thanks for that Len.

That's two days in a row I've reunited a dog with its owner as yesterday someone's miniature poodle escaped from the dog park and the owner didn't even notice it go.
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag?   Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:56 pm

Kale has 3 tags. License, microchip tag, and ID (which has his name, our address, city, and our home phone).
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Legend_of_Faolan
Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

Female Join date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag?   Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 11:03 pm

Faolan has just his name and my phone number on his tag. We are only living here temporarily so address and stuff isn't very useful in the long run. He also has his rabies tag and soon he will have his microchip tag displaying his microchip number and the website to look up the owner info.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag?   Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 11:05 pm

Mine have 3 tags. Well, actually Mya has 4 because we lost Kody's rabies...horrible I know....need to get that replaced.

They have:

Name tag (with my name, hubby's name, and both of our cell numbers)
PetHub tag
Microchip tag
Back to top Go down
indigochild
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag?   Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 11:25 pm

We have our last name, address, phone #, and the name of our dog, as well as dog license, rabies tag & as I get them, Damian's & Mariah's microchip (Vladimir won't be getting a microchip as he is 15 and had no intention of wandering these days...) I hope that helps!

Last edited by indigochild on Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
henielsen
Teenager
Teenager
henielsen

Female Join date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag?   Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 11:26 pm

Stormy just has his Steelers tag with name and my cell. I figured there is no point putting my house number on it since I would be out looking for him. He isn't chipped yet since the vet had to get a new thing and we aren't required to have a license. I never remember to put the rabbis tag on :/
Back to top Go down
indigochild
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag?   Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 11:39 pm

Ahem...Steelers???!!! Excuuuuuuse me! I haved lived in Youngstown Ohio(read Cleveland Browns) and now Baltimore, Maryland (read Baltimore Ravens, aka "The Old Browns"), and I find your post highly offensive! LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag?   Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 11:50 pm

We have "Reward. Please call: " and our 2 cell phone numbers. Rescue advised on that wording.
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag?   Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag? EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 12:19 am

We have his name, my cell, wife's cell, and my email address on one tag. Microchip tag. He's not licensed... I was waiting till he was neutered so it wasn't so stinkin' expensive. Now I have no excuse. Also haven't put the rabies tag on yet either...
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag?   Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag? EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 12:35 am

indigochild wrote:
Ahem...Steelers???!!! Excuuuuuuse me! I haved lived in Youngstown Ohio(read Cleveland Browns) and now Baltimore, Maryland (read Baltimore Ravens, aka "The Old Browns"), and I find your post highly offensive! LOL!!!

You mean you're not a Redskin's fan? Razz My mom is from Catonsville and I went to college in Annapolis. I just laughed at the rivalry. Too bad the Bears suck so much this year.

We have both our cell phones and our address on one tag, and we leave the Rabies tags on their collars at all times. Ghost is also microchipped.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag? 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag?   Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag? EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 1:49 am

rileyflorence wrote:
He's not licensed... I was waiting till he was neutered so it wasn't so stinkin' expensive. Now I have no excuse.

This made me laugh because when I got Cheyennes Rabies first done at a clinic they asked if she was spayed or not ($20 difference in rabies tag/license) I just said yeah of course to avoid paying extra lol She got spayed like a month later but heck no i'm not paying the government more money for no reason! lol

Can't really hide it with the boys though lol

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag?   Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag? EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 2:24 am

Haha, I got Rogue licensed a month prior to her spay so I just put down she was spayed.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag?   Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag? EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 4:05 am

I need to order them new tags, after looking at Embrys I discovered almost all his info on the back is rubbed off, and Zoey's has disappeared. wtf
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag?   Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag? EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 10:07 am

Mine are:
Dog's name
My cell & Steve's cell

I've found a few dogs before and it's annoying when they don't have a phone number on their tags. Even one had a home again tag and it took them so long to get a hold of the owner (I thought the owner had just left the dog as a stray at that point) that I took it to the shelter only to get called by the owner just as I was walking out of the shelter. They ended up having to pay a $100 fine or something to get their dog out. Probably wouldn't have happened if the owner had put their number on the tag or if homeagain would have just given me their phone number (they wouldn't).

Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag? Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Autumn
Puppy
Puppy
Autumn

Female Join date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag?   Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag? EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 10:20 am

My dogs have 2 tags, one is their rabies tag and the other is a tag I had made at Petsmart and it has 2 sides. On one side it has the dogs name and on the other side it says,"IF FOUND PLEASE CALL" and I have 2 phone numbers, It also says, "I AM MICROCHIPPED" and has their chip numbers below that. I was a little hesitant about putting their chip numbers on them because of my experience changing the chip information on Ranger when I got him. It was entirely too easy! BUT it's just as easy for someone to take your dog to the vet and have it scanned to get the chip number if they want the number bad enough, then all they have to do is pay a fee to have the information changed, it's kind of scary and I wish there was a way for it to be more secure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.humanesocietyofhobart.org
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag?   Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag? EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 10:21 am

Our tags are loaded up. The main tag has name, address, my cell, Lindsay's cell, my mom's cell, Lindsay's brother's cell, my friend Chris' cell and the vet number. Shouldn't be too hard to get an answer on one of those.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag?   Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag? EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 10:37 am

My dogs only wear their ID tags which contain the dog's name, my cell and my husband's cell.

I don't have them wear their rabies tags although I do carry their rabies tags and proof of vaccination in my purse whenever we leave the house with them (not for walks around the neighborhood of course). When we lived in WA they require dogs to wear a license at all times so when we move back they'll be wearing their ID tag and license. My sibe is microchipped (Avid) but I don't have him wear his Avid tag, less is more IMO. If the ID tag isn't enough or isn't on then he can be scanned at a vet or shelter.

Puppy
Puppy
Piper

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag?   Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag? EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 11:53 am

I have to get new ID tags for the pets but for now they have their rabies tag and my number written with a permanent marker on their collar.
I don't usually keep tags on the sled dog's collars as they always seems to fall off and get lost. Plus its too easy for either me or a someone helping me to hook a neckline or a drop chain to the little ring on the tag. Once an excited sled dog hits that ring, its gonna be broken and the dog is going to be loose. Not good.
So, like for the pets, I put my number on their collars with a marker and I keep their rabies tags in my kennel book. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.smallmightyracing.weebly.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag?   Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you have your phone number on your dog's tag?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next