It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

This says it all for those of us doing rescue

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

This says it all for those of us doing rescue Empty
PostSubject: This says it all for those of us doing rescue   This says it all for those of us doing rescue EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 1:30 pm

Warning some graphic language....

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jpmoore/an-animal-control-officer-rants-quits-on-craigsli
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: This says it all for those of us doing rescue   This says it all for those of us doing rescue EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 1:56 pm

i want to give that man a hug

Adult
Adult
libbybell74

Female Join date : 2011-10-06

PostSubject: Re: This says it all for those of us doing rescue   This says it all for those of us doing rescue EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 2:04 pm

That was very detailed, but I bet most of them feel the same way and don't say anything. We have heard about so many owners at dog parks lately that feel their dog can't do anything wrong. This is why I am looking at rescues for another dog right now, I know everyone wants puppies and then they get bored when they are not perfect, Guess what everyone we are human and we are far from perfect as well. If you decide to take on an animal treat it with love and respect and follow some common sense. Sounds all to simple but yet more and more animals are being dumped off and given up.
Sorry I am ranting now, but we all love our animals so much we would do anything for them. Why can't more people think that way. I hate when I hear its just a cat or dog who cares.
To all of them they must not know what true honest love feels like, becasue thats all pets want to give you. Yeah they have their moments when they are a pain in the ass, but aren't we all. We don't just throw them away.
Love them, thats all they want.
Ok I'm done bitching. lol!
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: This says it all for those of us doing rescue   This says it all for those of us doing rescue EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 2:34 pm

Sounds like it could have been written by someone at the shelter I foster for. I heard most of that before! And in fact, there is a no kill shelter across the street that dumps "unadoptable" dogs off on the kill shelter! Which the lady who runs it usually turns around and tries to get it into rescue. Not saying that no kill shelter is all bad, but they do dump off the hard to place dogs and cats (plus they won't take in kittens under 2.5lbs or puppies who can't be fixed yet) at the shelter across the street.

And I personally know how to be responsible and not give up an animal just because it;s doing something wrong. After 3yrs and early neuters my cats all of a sudden decided to start spraying in the house! Did I take them to the shelter or throw them outside? Nope! We instead built a nice wall splitting up our air conditioned porch so they could live on the one side and it wouldn't matter so much if they sprayed (easy clean up and not in the house!). Unlike our friends who's cat did the same thing. They instead threw him outside and then moved leaving him there to fend for himself!

This says it all for those of us doing rescue Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
KaylaNL
Puppy
Puppy
KaylaNL

Female Join date : 2011-11-10

PostSubject: Re: This says it all for those of us doing rescue   This says it all for those of us doing rescue EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 4:49 pm

I would love to meet this man. You can tell he is... no was... dedicated to his job. You can absolutely see that his love for animals is more than skin-deep. I posted this on every pet group/page on facebook that I am a part of... Everyone definitely needs to read this. Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: This says it all for those of us doing rescue   This says it all for those of us doing rescue EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 5:04 pm

KaylaNL wrote:
I would love to meet this man. You can tell he is... no was... dedicated to his job. You can absolutely see that his love for animals is more than skin-deep. I posted this on every pet group/page on facebook that I am a part of... Everyone definitely needs to read this. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for reposting. #3 hit home with me. I hear the term responsible breeder all the time. My question is: "Is it really a responsible action to add to the pet overpopulation? It truly is simple math too many animals too few homes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: This says it all for those of us doing rescue   This says it all for those of us doing rescue EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 5:34 pm

Oh this was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish i could embed this into all of the asswholes brains out there who breed just to breed and who leave their dogs OFF LEASH!!!!!! Oh, the off leash really hits home!!! THAT ROYALLY PISSES ME OFF!!!

I too would love to meet this man!!!!!!!! Posting this on FB as well!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: This says it all for those of us doing rescue   This says it all for those of us doing rescue EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 6:51 pm

Amen!!!! Smile

I volunteer with animal rescue and every day I log on to see other volunteers with desperate pleas to save huskies. Gorgeous huskies. Some well behaved. Some not. Some young, some old. Some get saved, but quite a few get put down because there's just not enough people to adopt, foster or rescue. Rescues are full. Shelters are full. There are not enough foster homes. Some shelters barely give you 5 to 7 days to make arrangements. Local boarding facilities are full with rescued dogs waiting for foster homes.

To the people who want to breed and aren't showing/racing their dogs - I ask you to kindly view the RIP albums of husky crossposters on Facebook. It breaks my heart and feeds my passion for spay/neuter laws and promoting adoption. I'm not crazy dog lady - I'm just someone with a heart who's eyes were opened and who is trying to spread the word.

Look at this face and tell me that you're justified in bringing another husky into the world. And explain to 4 year old Noble why he he had to die because someone insisted they needed a puppy.

This says it all for those of us doing rescue 388322_10150440251256469_698611468_10881009_258354605_n
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

Female Join date : 2011-10-06

PostSubject: Re: This says it all for those of us doing rescue   This says it all for those of us doing rescue EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 7:11 pm

Oh those eyes say it all. That makes me want to cry.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: This says it all for those of us doing rescue   This says it all for those of us doing rescue EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 9:58 pm

Aww..poor Noble! I would have adopted you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This says it all for those of us doing rescue   This says it all for those of us doing rescue Empty

Back to top Go down

This says it all for those of us doing rescue

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1