It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Vigilante Me vs. My BYB Neighbors

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mermaidista
Teenager
Teenager
Mermaidista

Female Join date : 2012-01-03

Vigilante Me vs. My BYB Neighbors Empty
PostSubject: Vigilante Me vs. My BYB Neighbors   Vigilante Me vs. My BYB Neighbors EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 12:30 am

Let's hope I don't end up in prison by the end of this year. *SMH*

To state the basic issue: My negligent neighbors who have 3 pitbulls.

The pitbulls aren't the problem here. I've been around bully type breeds and guard dogs. I do believe it is all in how you raise them. But, aha, could it not also be how you BREED them?

When this couple moved in next to us, they seemed fine. Young..er, they have two small children, and were always friendly. Unfortunately most of us in the land of Sunshine find ourselves sharing fences with our neighbors, it is what it is. We, luckily, have one of the larger yards in our area, so this hasn't been a problem before.

The pitbulls EAT the fence. They bark. ALL. DAY. LONG. They are left alone. ALL. DAY. LONG. Alone. In the yard. Finally after multiple escapes, and chewing the fence to pieces, this couple straped on electric shock collars and apparently, called it a day. Animal control tells us there is nothing they can do until the pits attack and bite some one. WOW. Awesome. Great laws.

I noticed right before Christmas, a lot of whimpering coming from the yard. OMG. They BRED them! 4 little pitbull puppies, in a crate, outside. </3

Ran into the wife at the store today. Oh yay! Puppy #4 finally found a home. Sold to a guy who lives in an apartment with no yard. That could be more challenging for a dog owner, and some don't do the right thing. Hoping this guy does.

Wife says, "finally we got rid of all of those puppies! Those dogs are such a PITA! at least we don't have to worry about them now...well, not until the next batch!"

Pretty sure I ran my cart into something at that point. Hold up. You're going to breed them...AGAIN?!!!

Gah. Ignorami of the world please unite so we can ship you to the nearest deserted island.

Tired of this BS...Imma bout to get vigilante on them. You'll know I'm mad when my grammar starts to take a downword spiral!

There's got to be something I can do here...I can't live next to them and watch this.
Back to top Go down
http://seaside.scentsy.us
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Vigilante Me vs. My BYB Neighbors   Vigilante Me vs. My BYB Neighbors EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 12:48 am

Last year a friend was at our house for a Christmas party and he was telling pretty much the same story as your's. The only difference is that he is way out in the country on 10-15 acres and his closest neighbor builds a kennel for his hunting hounds right near the property line. Multiple hounds... baying and barking all night and day... Now they are multiplying... And escaping the kennel to harrass his dog... It's gotta be terribly annoying just to HEAR the noise but then to be faced with the (most likely) irresponsible breeding as well!

So sorry you are having to deal with this!
Back to top Go down
Keimo&Izzi
Teenager
Teenager
Keimo&Izzi

PostSubject: Re: Vigilante Me vs. My BYB Neighbors   Vigilante Me vs. My BYB Neighbors EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 12:52 am

How sad, but unfortunately, stupidity is still legal. I see it all the time in my job... not with dogs, but with humans. I say, don't stop with just spaying and neutering your pets, but also spay and neuter the idiots. Sad
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Vigilante Me vs. My BYB Neighbors   Vigilante Me vs. My BYB Neighbors EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 1:15 am

If it were me (and something similar might just happen if I can catch a certain dog), I'd grab any of the dogs I could if I found them running loose and take them to a shelter or rescue far away. Or if they really don't want puppies again, there are really realy cheap, like free, spay and neuter clinics for pitts every now and then in FL. Now sure when the next one is, but the last one I heard of it was like 5 cent spay and neuters for pitt breeds and cats. You could research that and see if they'd be interested in doing that. Maybe drag them down to a shelter. The shelters in FL are about 90% pitt mixes.

Vigilante Me vs. My BYB Neighbors Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
4BangenRange
Puppy
Puppy
4BangenRange

Male Join date : 2011-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Vigilante Me vs. My BYB Neighbors   Vigilante Me vs. My BYB Neighbors EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 1:56 am

How about this one.... One of the people that live down the road from me. They have a female huksy, and yellow lab. (same two dogs that attacked Josie at the same time) Oh and i guess they just got another dog to a few weeks ago. Well whenever the husky goes into heat they let her loose and run free. In hopes something will breed her. That i know of i think they have had two batches of puppies. :/ Also. I dont think they have that husky anymore. Hopefully it ran and found a better home and is being taken care of right. Cause also when those 2 dogs attacked Josie we got the cops involed and when the cop was talking to them, none of them were registered with the city and neither one of them had any shots at all. I could go on with some more stuff but ill keep it short.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Vigilante Me vs. My BYB Neighbors   Vigilante Me vs. My BYB Neighbors EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 2:34 am

All I'm gonna say is we have the same fence issue. Damn dog behind us eats the fence all the time! At least the guy fixes it, sierra has already been bit once. I say get the info on the spay stuff and leave it on the door. People Mad

Newborn
Newborn
ilovenanuk

Male Join date : 2012-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Vigilante Me vs. My BYB Neighbors   Vigilante Me vs. My BYB Neighbors EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:57 am

It's a shame this happens A LOT. Mad

There should be some kind of laws that regulate breeding better. There are way too many animals who need good homes to have stupid people pulling crap like this to make a little bit of money.

Back to top Go down
Mermaidista
Teenager
Teenager
Mermaidista

Female Join date : 2012-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Vigilante Me vs. My BYB Neighbors   Vigilante Me vs. My BYB Neighbors EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 12:53 pm

To update the situation we are experiencing, in case some of you have the same issue...

I was at a Convention recently and out of town when I got a call from home. Ty heard a crash, ran outside and discovered that one of the neighbors pitbulls came charging through the fence!! He destroyed 3 wooden slats, the chicken wire, and knocked over three bricks to get through. SMH.

Now, this is about the SEVENTH time these dogs have escaped their own yard, but the first time they actually tried to get to us. He went down to the local animal control and filed an official complaint. The neighbor was fined, offically now for the second time (someone else must have complained before), and was given a citation that he was responsible to fix the fence. Ty said he was grumbling and complaining about it. Pssht. I don't care! This is getting INSANE!!

Luckily, our kids were not outside...and I'm not saying ALL pitbulls are dangerous...but I don't want ANY strange dog in our yard!!

*sigh* So, now we have to log everytime the dogs bark for more than two hours...have to go to the animal and file an official complaint each time the dogs get loose...and then...after the FOURTH complaint...we get to go to court. Awesome.

SO ridiculous
Back to top Go down
http://seaside.scentsy.us
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Vigilante Me vs. My BYB Neighbors   Vigilante Me vs. My BYB Neighbors EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Mermaidista wrote:
To update the situation we are experiencing, in case some of you have the same issue...

I was at a Convention recently and out of town when I got a call from home. Ty heard a crash, ran outside and discovered that one of the neighbors pitbulls came charging through the fence!! He destroyed 3 wooden slats, the chicken wire, and knocked over three bricks to get through. SMH.

Now, this is about the SEVENTH time these dogs have escaped their own yard, but the first time they actually tried to get to us. He went down to the local animal control and filed an official complaint. The neighbor was fined, offically now for the second time (someone else must have complained before), and was given a citation that he was responsible to fix the fence. Ty said he was grumbling and complaining about it. Pssht. I don't care! This is getting INSANE!!

Luckily, our kids were not outside...

Thats why firearms are needed. Sure we all know not all Pits are dangerous but when they barrel their way through a fence numerous times I would consider them to be a danger. Officials have been previously notified so its not a one time disgruntled neighbor being mean. Its being sane defending your family.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vigilante Me vs. My BYB Neighbors   Vigilante Me vs. My BYB Neighbors Empty

Back to top Go down

Vigilante Me vs. My BYB Neighbors

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1