It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Old shoes.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rnelsen
Teenager
Teenager
rnelsen

Female Join date : 2012-01-05

Old shoes. Empty
PostSubject: Old shoes.   Old shoes. EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:35 pm

Is it safe to let Drake chew on a pair of my old tennis shoes?? I'm watching him carefully, especially with the laces, I want to make sure he's not swallowing or eating anything. He has a bone but he seems to prefer the shoe. I just don't want him to ingest something that will make him sick or get stuck in his intestines.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Old shoes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old shoes.   Old shoes. EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:39 pm

well i think it would NOT be a good idea cause he may not know the difference from that old shoe and a nice brand new shoe that someone forgot to put away. less worried about what he might eat on that shoe and more worried he will develop a taste for all shoes!

oh and i can't see those materials being healthy to snack on even if not being eatten

Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

Old shoes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old shoes.   Old shoes. EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 7:24 pm

As what Jenn said, they won't know the difference between old or new foot wear. Best having all shoes off limits.
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

Old shoes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old shoes.   Old shoes. EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 7:56 pm

I've found my dogs to be quite discriminating when I've given them old shoes. Sioux can't have them because he will shred them. But the others just play around with them like any other toy. Then it got boring and they quit caring about shoes. It's no different than substituting ok items when taking something away from them. Just this time it's another shoe.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

Old shoes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old shoes.   Old shoes. EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 9:40 pm

Mine could care less about shoes. Now if I were to leave Kody alone in a room with them I'm not sure if would take a liking to them.

I'm with Jenn and Len though, I would say NO to the shoes. He won't know the difference between old and new and if he runs across a sneaker that was accidentally left out and happens to eat a piece or a lace that wouldn't be good.
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

Old shoes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old shoes.   Old shoes. EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:00 pm

I say no to any shoes, you don't want to start bad habits. on the flip side, they aren't my shoes. Sounds like alot of questionable things could come from it, just takes a minute of distraction and they dog could digest something it should have. Good luck with it though, can be hard to find toys they love to chew at times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Old shoes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old shoes.   Old shoes. Empty

Back to top Go down

Old shoes.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1