It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

odd chewing habbit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
huskies81
Puppy
Puppy
huskies81

Male Join date : 2012-01-01

odd chewing habbit Empty
PostSubject: odd chewing habbit   odd chewing habbit EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:49 pm

So Sadie started eating the ends off of ropes, and cleaning out her teddy bears finaly. I knew she couldnt be a little angel forever, but I never expected what would happen next. I took her favorite rope toy and put it away the other day. look at how much white is at the tip of her tail.
odd chewing habbit IMAG0068

And now look whats left of it.
odd chewing habbit IMAG0143

I was combing her the other night and she just didnt seem to look right. The I saw the damage.WTF? I asked her, but she had no reply just a simple look because she knew it got to me. Now it looks like a stub tail to me when she has it curled up.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

odd chewing habbit Empty
PostSubject: Re: odd chewing habbit   odd chewing habbit EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:52 pm

Does she get enough exercise? Maybe it's built up anxiety or frustration and this is her way of showing it.
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

odd chewing habbit Empty
PostSubject: Re: odd chewing habbit   odd chewing habbit EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 1:52 pm

We had that problem too. At first I thought the neighbor kids took a pair of scissors to Demon's tail. Shocked Then I realized someone was chewing on it but wasn't sure whether it was Dakota being a pest or Demon chewing on his own tail. It has since stopped. We never did figure out why it was happening though.
Back to top Go down
huskies81
Puppy
Puppy
huskies81

Male Join date : 2012-01-01

odd chewing habbit Empty
PostSubject: Re: odd chewing habbit   odd chewing habbit EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 6:06 pm

i think she did it due to me taking the rope away. if she would have just spit the strings out i wouldnt have minded. but she was pooping it out, and i dont like picking poo off her butt so i took em away. then this happened. i hope it was a one time deal. she goes to the park almost every day so i dont think its due to lack of exercize. Oh well, ill keep an eye on it.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

odd chewing habbit Empty
PostSubject: Re: odd chewing habbit   odd chewing habbit EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 6:15 pm

Kody did that too. Took a huge chunk off of his tail. He would start chasing it and once he got hold of it wouldn't let go. His tail was looking pretty deformed for a while there! He's stopped it now though. I don't know why he did it either scratch
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

odd chewing habbit Empty
PostSubject: Re: odd chewing habbit   odd chewing habbit EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 6:32 pm

Gotta love our strange pups... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

odd chewing habbit Empty
PostSubject: Re: odd chewing habbit   odd chewing habbit EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 8:56 pm

huskies81 wrote:
i think she did it due to me taking the rope away. if she would have just spit the strings out i wouldnt have minded. but she was pooping it out, and i dont like picking poo off her butt so i took em away. then this happened. i hope it was a one time deal. she goes to the park almost every day so i dont think its due to lack of exercize. Oh well, ill keep an eye on it.

Mine like to pull the strings at the end of the ropes apart as well and I just cut the loose strings down to a nub so they can't do that anymore. They still love the ropes and play with them but it's much harder for them to tear them apart now. They last way longer that way.
Back to top Go down
Kiyonai
Teenager
Teenager
Kiyonai

Female Join date : 2012-02-01

odd chewing habbit Empty
PostSubject: Re: odd chewing habbit   odd chewing habbit EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 12:32 am

Xiah noms on her back feet and chases her tail and chews on it some... I worry that she's going to hurt herself or develop a habit... Hasn't been an issue yet, just cute Smile
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

odd chewing habbit Empty
PostSubject: Re: odd chewing habbit   odd chewing habbit EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 12:56 am

I took Bella's rope away for a few months because she'd pull the little strings out on the ends - now she doesn't do it. Her rope is her favorite toy (followed very closely by the Wubba - which she's not allowed to have because she chews).

She also tore out a giant chunk of her tail right on the tip. She looked RIDICULOUS. I was so sad because she had such a deformed tail Sad!!!! But it grew back and she quickly stopped doing ripping out her tail fur.

odd chewing habbit Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

odd chewing habbit Empty
PostSubject: Re: odd chewing habbit   odd chewing habbit Empty

Back to top Go down

odd chewing habbit

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1